- Indiana vs Iowa. 1/21/21. 8:00pm. FS1 -

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I figured bohannon was due for an off night. Of course no one else stepped up.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I honestly am laughing about this loss. It sucks, but easy to accept and flush because it was such a complete fluke in every single way.

They were up 9 and then couldn't hit a shot for 9+ minutes. bohannon goes ice cold, Wieskamp disappeared, nothing went right.

I thought the only real fuck up was that Fran didn't recognize what was happening in real time from like the 10 to 7 minute mark that the pace was way too slow and never adjusted. He tried to at 5 minutes, but it was too late.

The defense wasn't great, but it wasn't the problem.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Awful awful game

I don’t understand the complete lack of Joe Touissant when you were getting absolutely nothing out of Jordan

this is the ugliest box score everr
Yeah, if Fran doesn't want to play JoeT fine then it has to be Ulis. bohannon shouldn't play that many minutes when he is playing well.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
There is probably no way to figure this out, but I would like to know how many times a team ranked #1 in offense has gone on a 12 minute or more streak without a fg.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Are you proposing they started reading clippings midway through the 2nd quarter?
Maybe, or maybe they all got a little comfy because Luka and Weezy were carrying them and once that well dried up they got exposed. There was very little effort on defense the whole game.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Due for a game like that. Sucks ass but gotta hope it pays dividends down the road. Or maybe just not play like that down the road. That would be fine too.

Reaction score
This is how a team beats iowa in the tournament. Better now and you can fix it than in March.
Yes, if you shoot really poorly and the best player in the country plays his worst half of the year, along with your best shooter sitting all half, you'll probably struggle.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Not liking the trend of CJ having annual nagging injuries. He’s so fucking good when healthy.

Reaction score
That was just really weird. The ball wasn't moving and we got too much 1 on 1 at times. Missed a bunch of open shots and it compounded. Weird thing was the run happened after we got their bigs 4 fouls. Luka wasn't recognizing, bohannon couldn't hit anything, Joe disappeared.

Gonna have a couple of those in this league, shitty that it happened at home against that team when you built a solid lead. Was set up for an ugly win until you go 10 fucking minutes without a bucket.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Shut him down until he’s damn close to 100%.

It seems like this has been bothering him for a while. Kind of surprised they didn't take advantage of the breaks in the schedule to get him some extended time off.

Reaction score
Pat M had some nice moves. Have to finish.
Had 2-3 that looked great but didn't go. Then forced one that was tough.

Killed them on the glass and kept getting 2nd-3rd chances but didn't finish those either. That was Luka's worst game at recognizing where the help was coming from and being decisive.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Just so @SuperHans doesnt spaz out, this is NOT a blaming the refs comment. But the officiating was shitty. On both sides of the court. They’d call ticky tack shit one possession and then let tons of contact go the next. It’s awfully hard to get in a rhythm or flow with that going on. And it isn’t the first time we’ve seen Iowa struggle when games get overly physical or having to deal with inconsistent officiating. This years team has been significantly more “mentally tough,” but tonight just reminded me of some of the Iowa teams we’ve seen in years past. I don’t even think it looked like they “folded” or “crumbled.” It looked like eyes rolling “fuck this stupid shit” type of body language

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Had 2-3 that looked great but didn't go. Then forced one that was tough.

Killed them on the glass and kept getting 2nd-3rd chances but didn't finish those either. That was Luka's worst game at recognizing where the help was coming from and being decisive.
Once again dudes stood at the 3 point line instead of cutting to the hole when he was doubled or tripled

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I'm not going to blame this all on him, but Jack Nunge has got to fucking stop coming in and disrupting the offensive flow. Iowa was playing pretty well and he just starts immediately chucking and turning the ball over.

Had some nice rebounds, but ultimately he hast to let the game come to him a lot more.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
15-5 wins the big ten. Iowa has potentially two games that are likely wins that may not be played.

This was at home. This was a significant loss.

Reaction score
Just a perfect storm. The bench was bad 1st half when they came in, we recovered but then with no CJ we just didn't have much rhythm 2nd half. Defense got sloppy, they started hitting 3's and we couldn't buy a bucket. Then Luka got out of sorts with the blitzes and had a few turnovers. Ball stuck offensively. Hopefully good for them long term.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I'm not going to blame this all on him, but Jack Nunge has got to fucking stop coming in and disrupting the offensive flow. Iowa was playing pretty well and he just starts immediately chucking and turning the ball over.

Had some nice rebounds, but ultimately he hast to let the game come to him a lot more.
He is a duuuuuuumb player.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

Just baffling decision making at times.