**Indiana vs. Iowa - 2/22/19 - 8:15pm FS1**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Gasser does need to at least stay put. The stupid shit of where he runs in front of the media table is getting old.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
What a league, Indiana's a really good team and has lost 10 of 12 or whatever (with a win at Izzo).

No way the Hawks pull that out with Dolph at the mic. ;)

Reaction score
Gasser does need to at least stay put. The stupid shit of where he runs in front of the media table is getting old.
I'm not too worried about people who are at every game, into it the whole time and give a shitload of money to the program. Oh no, that guy moves around when crazy shit happens?!?

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about people who are at every game, into it the whole time and give a shitload of money to the program. Oh no, that guy moves around when crazy shit happens?!?
I'm not sure "worried" is the right word. He acts like a jackass and that is being commented on. Are you an ally to courtside jackasses?

Reaction score
I'm not sure "worried" is the right word. He acts like a jackass and that is being commented on. Are you an ally to courtside jackasses?
Yes. I'd rather that than all of the jackasses who don't go to anything but bitch about everything in chat and on Twitter.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I am, mostly because he's one of the 12 fans that doesn't leave early to beat the traffic.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I'm not worried about it, but doesn't change he is acting like a jackass and multiple TV people have commented now that he gets in the way. They also had to tell him to calm down talking to the refs.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Love his dedication and enthusiasm but if it detracts from anyone else around him he needs to calm the shit down.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Yes. I'd rather that than all of the jackasses who don't go to anything but bitch about everything in chat and on Twitter.
Well, I'd rather that as well but can't we have both?

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I'm anti-jackass in pretty much all realms. It's not that hard not to run up and down the sideline, or not get warned about talking to refs. This really isn't a ridiculous ask. It's similar to wanting people not to bitch about standing at big times in games. There is a reasonable way to behave at a sporting event.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score
This also by my count is the 3rd announcer that has said something about him getting in the fucking way over and over.

Reaction score
Let's get bar stools for the announcers. And let's have Dolph trade out basketball for baseball announcing. I'm pumped for the next controversy.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The game was on Big Ten in 60 this morning. Dailey actually did a lot of good things. Rebounded and defended well. He would be fine as a sub for Moss if he played with the starters where there’s plenty of offense on the floor. He’s just not ideal with Connor on the floor.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
Well, I'd rather that as well but can't we have both?
I’d love it if Doug took his infamous black hated ass up to Carver and pranced around in front of the scorer’s table in the middle of a game.

And put one of those BBK shirts on him. That’d be fun.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Is this good? I think this might be good:
He’s been solid for the most part. He just needs to be serviceable from 3 which I think he can be.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Connor is going to be good. Kid is having a down year.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Iowa’s problem is they don’t have anyone on the bench that can score or create their own shot.

Reaction score
Iowa’s problem is they don’t have anyone on the bench that can score or create their own shot.
This is true about roughly 90% of college teams most nights.
Seriously. Their bench includes a backup PG who plays solid defense but can't shoot. A tweener who plays hard, can provide instant offense, energy and intangibles but can get exposed. A backup big who is inconsistent but has some skill and athleticism. And a fairly athletic wing who can guard multiple spots but is limited offensively. Pretty damn standard.

Reaction score
What is all this shit about people being asked to sit down at Carver?

I've gone to the vast majority of the games at Carver since 1993 and I have never seen or heard anyone get told to sit down.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score

I've gone to the vast majority of the games at Carver since 1993 and I have never seen or heard anyone get told to sit down.
Yeah but it gives people a chance to bitch about other fans. The whole “real Hawk fan” thing.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

It’s absurd. I’m sure it happens, but it no worse than any major arena. Another made up narrative.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score

It’s absurd. I’m sure it happens, but it no worse than any major arena. Another made up narrative.
I've been told at Kinnick twice in the last year.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

I've been told at Kinnick twice in the last year.
I was told to sit down in a section where the tickets said "you may have to stand for the majority of the game" right on the ticket, and everyone in the 30 rows below me was standing. The lady told me if I wanted to stand I should move sections so I wouldn't ruin her view.

I was in the Hawk's Nest in college (last row) and a lady started screaming at me that I needed to sit because she paid for a seat, and she should be able to sit in it.

I've been at Carver when Iowa hit a 3 in a big situation and I stood up like the rest of the arena and an old man grabbed me by the shoulder and told me to "sit the fuck down and dont get up again".
So, it is not made up.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
I was told to sit down in a section where the tickets said "you may have to stand for the majority of the game" right on the ticket, and everyone in the 30 rows below me was standing. The lady told me if I wanted to stand I should move sections so I wouldn't ruin her view.

I was in the Hawk's Nest in college (last row) and a lady started screaming at me that I needed to sit because she paid for a seat, and she should be able to sit in it.

I've been at Carver when Iowa hit a 3 in a big situation and I stood up like the rest of the arena and an old man grabbed me by the shoulder and told me to "sit the fuck down and dont get up again".
So, it is not made up.
These feel like all the stories from my idiot buddies who got public intox tickets and then swear to me that they didn't do anything stupid or obnoxious and the cop was just picking on them. In other words, they smell like bullshit. No offense

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score

So, it is not made up.
These feel like all the stories from my idiot buddies who got public intox tickets and then swear to me that they didn't do anything stupid or obnoxious and the cop was just picking on them. In other words, they smell like bullshit. No offense
And it’s something that has happened at every venue forever.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I've been to games at Madison Square Garden, Nationals Park, Ballpark at Arlington, Soldier Field, Sox Park, Oakland Coliseum, Edward Jones Dome, Metrodome, William's Arena, Arrowhead, Toyota Park, Childrens Mercy Park, wells Fargo Arena, Conseco Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Stadium, United Center, Assembly Hall (Illinois),etc.

I've never been told to sit at any of those places.

In my experience CHA is absolutely the most likely place to get screamed at for standing and cheering.

ivan_drago

Reaction score

I watched an old hag scream at a guy two seats in front of me during the Wisconsin game for standing and cheering. She went as far to try and get security to remove him. He wasn’t being a jackass, either.

It isn’t made up

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
What a league, Indiana's a really good team and has lost 10 of 12 or whatever (with a win at Izzo).

No way the Hawks pull that out with Dolph at the mic. ;)
Oh come the fuck on
Indiana is a really talented team that is apparently dumb as bricks, or uncoachable.

either way, it's nice to see. fuck indiana.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

So, it is not made up.

Reaction score

I watched an old hag scream at a guy two seats in front of me during the Wisconsin game for standing and cheering. She went as far to try and get security to remove him. He wasn’t being a jackass, either.

It isn’t made up
I take all of this back. All of it.

Saw/heard two hag interactions, yesterday. One was a Sit Down Sally and the other was a Too Loud Tammy.

Was it Karma? Maybe.

ivan_drago

Reaction score

It isn’t made up

Saw/heard two hag interactions, yesterday. One was a Sit Down Sally and the other was a Too Loud Tammy.

Was it Karma? Maybe.
We accept your white flag of surrender.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

It isn’t made up

Was it Karma? Maybe.
they’ve always been there, you just haven’t noticed until now

It’s like buying a new car. You haven’t seen one on the road until you buy it, then they’re everywhere.

Reaction score

It isn’t made up

Was it Karma? Maybe.
We accept your white flag of surrender.
Well geez, you're not a douche, at all. I have no idea why people say that about you.

ivan_drago

Reaction score