**Iowa vs. Cincinnati -3/22- 11:15am CBS**

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
What a bunch of miserable fucks. The Hawks head back to the dance for the first time in three years and here we are in the game thread scrolling through petty squabbles and bitching about Fran's bonus.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
What a bunch of miserable fucks. The Hawks head back to the dance for the first time in three years and here we are in the game thread scrolling through petty squabbles and bitching about Fran's bonus.

No shit.

Anyway, Hawks by 12.

Reaction score

Revolver meet NLP.....

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It probably won’t happen unless they get hot from 3, but damn it’d be nice to play on Sunday. Just let us have a little fun thinking they might get lucky and make it to the second weekend.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I really hope they don’t suck.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Is it too much to ask for 65% from 3 for a week and a half?

I dont think so

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The mood amongst the fans is definitely not what one expect of team making their first tournament in three years from a program of absolutely no real significance whatsoever.

Anyway, the winner of this game beats Tennessee.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
That’s because our fans are mostly entitled pricks

A good percentage would have preferred to miss the tournament so fran might get fired sooner.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That’s because our fans are mostly entitled pricks

A good percentage would have preferred to miss the tournament so fran might get fired sooner.
I guaran-fucking-tee people will jokingly bitch about Fran getting an extension, if Iowa gets past Cincinnati.

Reaction score
The mood amongst the fans is definitely not what one expect of team making their first tournament in three years from a program of absolutely no real significance whatsoever.

No shit. The goal isn't just to get there but we should never take NCAA appearances for granted. Especially after living through three appearances from 2000 through 2013.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

No shit. The goal isn't just to get there but we should never take NCAA appearances for granted. Especially after living through three appearances from 2000 through 2013.
People forget how actually bad Alford was. I would argue he did way more damage than Lick, looking back, even though he really didn’t bug me much at the time. His second team was really good and completely tanked down the stretch. then relied on pierce in year 3 instead of taking Chris Thomas along side the Evans and recker and we went three years with no NCAA. Snuck in the tourney in year 5 and got smoked, followed by blowing the conference title in 2006 and one of the worst losses in tourney history. Recruiting went to complete shit after 2002 leaving absolutely nothing but Gatens for Lick.

I’m patiently waiting for fran to prove me right but shit could be way worse. Yes, 4-14 is awful but a bad coach would have lost the roster and couldn’t bounce back like he did.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

People forget how actually bad Alford was. I would argue he did way more damage than Lick, looking back, even though he really didn’t bug me much at the time. His second team was really good and completely tanked down the stretch. then relied on pierce in year 3 instead of taking Chris Thomas along side the Evans and recker and we went three years with no NCAA. Snuck in the tourney in year 5 and got smoked, followed by blowing the conference title in 2006 and one of the worst losses in tourney history. Recruiting went to complete shit after 2002 leaving absolutely nothing but Gatens for Lick.

I’m patiently waiting for fran to prove me right but shit could be way worse. Yes, 4-14 is awful but a bad coach would have lost the roster and couldn’t bounce back like he did.
Alford was awful but he also lost Recker, his backup Hogan and had to rely on minutes from Jason Smith down the stretch. They were 6-2 and in 1st in the conference though (with one of those losses being a bad home loss to Michigan) before losing 7 of 8.

Reaction score

TL played his son for significant minutes and had Gatens, maybe the most Iowa kid ever, nearly walk out the door due to his incompetence. Alford ended up being a disaster, but come on man.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Alford was killing the program gradually while Lick just pushed it off a cliff.

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score
Alford turned the program into an asshole that nobody liked. The Criminal gave the program a drug problem that cost it it's job, marriage, and house. Fran pulled it off the streets and cleaned it up, although just when people are believing that it's back on track and past its problems, the program goes missing for months at a time before returning with no explanation.

CUIHAWK

Loves the clock
Reaction score
Alford turned the program into an asshole that nobody liked. The Criminal gave the program a drug problem that cost it it's job, marriage, and house. Fran pulled it off the streets and cleaned it up, although just when people are believing that it's back on track and past its problems, the program goes missing for months at a time before returning with no explanation.
Sounds like just pitched a show to NBC.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Did anyone happen to catch the live podium time with the players and then fran that followed? I was working from home and it was painfully awkward. I don’t even know how to describe the players attitude as they sat there. I’m pretty sure they all just woke up.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Did anyone happen to catch the live podium time with the players and then fran that followed? I was working from home and it was painfully awkward. I don’t even know how to describe the players attitude as they sat there. I’m pretty sure they all just woke up.
Good thing they are the first game tomorrow morning.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I guess it's good they aren't overly fired up on a day they aren't playing.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Looks like you answered your own question, L. Wade.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Looks like you answered your own question, L. Wade.
I'm going to go take a shower. Does anyone need to use the bathroom?

Reaction score
I just saw it. I thought the players were normal but it started weird. He opened it for questions, zero people asked anything. Moderator said "you're reporters, you're supposed to have questions". Then he started asking some, which led to this exchange:
Baer: we're excited to play against Cincinnati and be here for a while.
Moderator: It's Columbus, I know you know that.
Baer: I did know that.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Tomorrow is going to feel like a fall Saturday. Iowa plays at 11, drink and watch sports all day.

Last edited:

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
How exactly does that work for a bus driver?