Iowa vs Kansas 1998

Reaction score
Some of you were probably too young to remember this game well, but Iowa snapped KU's 62 game home winning streak. It's too bad we didn't get to experience Joey Range for very long. You can see flashes of his talent in this game. We had some pretty athletic bigs at that time too.

Glen

Administrator
Reaction score
Great game. Thanks, Rec.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I remember listening to that game in the bath tub.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I remember the news report from that night being the team arriving home to watch sportscenter. They filmed them watching it. It was fucking weird.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Watched it with a bunch of other dorks in the dorm.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
30 fucking turnovers.

And still won.

Incredible.

Reaction score
I was a junior in college and it was finals week. With about 12 minutes left I gave up so I could study for a test the next day. About 3 hours later I came out of my room and my friends were all celebrating and hammered. One of them said, "Can you believe Iowa won that game?" I thought he was messing with me. I remember watching Headline News for about 10 minutes to see the score scroll by, since it was the only channel that showed scores. I still regret missing that comeback.

Last edited:

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Some of you were probably too young to remember this game well, but Iowa snapped KU's 62 game home winning streak. It's too bad we didn't get to experience Joey Range for very long. You can see flashes of his talent in this game. We had some pretty athletic bigs at that time too.

That is only first half.

Here is second half.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score

That is only first half.

Here is second half.

And that video ends with 7:16 still left in the game

You both suck

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

That is only first half.

Here is second half.

And that video ends with 7:16 still left in the game

You both suck
they won

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Remember it vividly. It still comes up regularly amongst the guys I watched it with, and another one of our good friends was at the game. I drank about 10 bottles of beer during the game and at some point I wrote “I love you Kent” on one of the empties. My friend still has the bottle.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Growing up we had a little 13” TV in our kitchen. We never watched TV in our living room, we all just pulled the stools up next to this TV. I remember when they got down 18 my mom said we should shut it off and go to bed. @Deez and me had bunk beds but we took the top one off so there were 2 beds separated rated by a book shelf that had one of those old clock radios on it.

Anyway I turned the game on really low so my mom couldn’t hear us listening to it. When they took the lead we snuck out to the kitchen to watch the end. After they won we ran into our moms room screaming like Iowa had just won the national title only to hear her tell us to ‘GO BACK TO BED!’

That Kansas team ended up being pretty meh.

Reaction score
I was there. That was a lot of fun.
Great place to watch a basketball game

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Ugh I wish Dean O would gtfo of Wisconsin

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
Beating KU at Allen Fieldhouse is a lot of fun.

Reaction score

The commercial for PlayboyTV at the 13:55 mark is pretty funny.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Growing up we had a little 13” TV in our kitchen. We never watched TV in our living room, we all just pulled the stools up next to this TV. I remember when they got down 18 my mom said we should shut it off and go to bed. @Deez and me had bunk beds but we took the top one off so there were 2 beds separated rated by a book shelf that had one of those old clock radios on it.

Anyway I turned the game on really low so my mom couldn’t hear us listening to it. When they took the lead we snuck out to the kitchen to watch the end. After they won we ran into our moms room screaming like Iowa had just won the national title only to hear her tell us to ‘GO BACK TO BED!’

Wait, you and Deez are a coupla homos?

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I watched it in my Hillcrest dorm room with a case of Busch Light and a Home Team pizza.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score

Shoulda kept them together.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score

You gotta keep em separated rated.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Great story, Charles Ingalls.