- Iowa vs Rutgers. 1/2/21. 1:00pm. ESPN2 -

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
The team hit most of their free throws and that was major. At one point in the second half they were 13-13. Connor’s entry passes were missed but it’s crazy that Luka can just patiently own a guy off the dribble. Keegan is a stud. Nunge and Luka played pretty well together in the first half, Nunge protected the rim well but he’s behind Keegan for sure. Ulis earned more time and showed that he belonged. Wieskamp needs to figure out how to play against big, physical teams.

6deuce

6douche
Reaction score
How missed 3 of them. I don’t remember and will not DMOFR to see who missed the other 2.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
One oddity is that Wieskamp's FT% has gone down by 10% year over year. But his 2pt% and 3pt% have both increased significantly.

newsbreaker

Dickfart
Reaction score
Ulis has so much more “feel” than Toussaint. He is going to be really, really good.
There's elements to this team that will improve as the year goes on. I'm not sure anyone is going to be able to handle Garza for 40 minutes, but as others continue to develop, this team could be even more dangerous late in the year.

Reaction score
Wieskamp really struggled with court vision and post feeding today. It’s like he doesn’t understand how to be aggressive on the drive while also finding the open man.

Murray got tackled on the Harper dunk off the missed FT late in the game. Horrible no-call.

In addition to excellent ballhandling and passing, Ulis’ defense was really good. I think he has Big 10 All-Defensive Team potential.

I get that they don’t want Nunge to get too bulky because they want him to be able to get open for jumpers and drive, but there were a bunch of balls he got out-muscled for.

He didn’t finish well, but Patrick’s slashing game was encouraging. He showed he can get to the rim against a very good opponent. It will come.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Joe T didn’t play after the eye poke and I didn’t see him in the bench. Any word on him?

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
I will quit the Baer comparisons after this post, but what made Baer a good player was having length, hustling, and always being in the middle of the action consistently. Other players sit there and watch the ball after someone shoots, but Keegan sprints to the action. Sometimes he gets it, sometimes he doesn't, but he's always in the middle of the action -- that is what helps so much with rebounding and loose balls. And if he's not sprinting to the action, he's already in good position to make a play.

Reaction score
I will quit the Baer comparisons after this post, but what made Baer a good player was having length, hustling, and always being in the middle of the action consistently. Other players sit there and watch the ball after someone shoots, but Keegan sprints to the action. Sometimes he gets it, sometimes he doesn't, but he's always in the middle of the action -- that is what helps so much with rebounding and loose balls. And if he's not sprinting to the action, he's already in good position to make a play.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Patrick is going to be great. The shit he gets reminds me of what Connor received a couple years back.

I dont think "getting in the weightroom" is the answer. Keep him lean so he can fly.