***Iowa Women's Basketball 2018-19***

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Halo's preferred Iowa Basketball team is ranked 13th in the nation and returned one of the best players in program history and she is already doing what she does.

Cheers to a good season from the team we know is going to be dancing.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
41947CA6-E847-454F-855A-0FF9332623DF.jpeg
Surprised my girls with a trip over today and it was pretty much the highlight of their life.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Yes

We pretty much hit the jackpot.

Sat by tunnel and got to high five entire team and Herky.

Tweet selfie of girls got put up on the video board

Daughters dancing got attention of camera guy and made the video board

Waited around after and Megan came out and was more than gracious with a bunch of fans. They got pic and autograph.

I tweet pic of girls with her, Megan and coaching staff like it and respond so I could show them that.

Reaction score
Yes

We pretty much hit the jackpot.

Sat by tunnel and got to high five entire team and Herky.

Tweet selfie of girls got put up on the video board

Daughters dancing got attention of camera guy and made the video board

Waited around after and Megan came out and was more than gracious with a bunch of fans. They got pic and autograph.

I tweet pic of girls with her, Megan and coaching staff like it and respond so I could show them that.
Save some for the rest of us!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
44 and 16 for Megan tonight on the road at Drake who has been in and out of the top 25 this year.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Drake is good. Jennie is a stud. I’m just not sure if the timing will work for her to ever get the iowa job.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Drake is good. Jennie is a stud. I’m just not sure if the timing will work for her to ever get the iowa job.
Is it that or nothing?
I have no idea. It would seem odd for such a driven person to get comfortable at a place like Drake, but she has a ton of admin and local support. Iowa has great grassroots girls programs and produces enough talent to win her conference. Plus she is from here and can raise her kids around family. Maybe she is comfortable following her former coach in 5-10 years.

Reaction score
Just looked it up. She is 57 (58 in April). I could see somewhere between 5 and 10.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Megan is a pretty girl as well.

Reaction score
LT2 was involved with the team intros today as part of the heart group she is in.

Impressive crowd for a womens game.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Do student U kids get ANY sort of mentoring? I mean someone help her out please.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
LT2 was involved with the team intros today as part of the heart group she is in.

Congrats, Turtley. We were there as well for my daughters’ school, and I thought the intros were a great way to recognize the kids. I hope she’s doing well.

Reaction score

Congrats, Turtley. We were there as well for my daughters’ school, and I thought the intros were a great way to recognize the kids. I hope she’s doing well.
Thanks Buffett. She is doing great. All the surgeries are in the rearview and she was extremely resilient through it all.

All the athletic programs have been great in regards to that group. Last year a bunch of the football players came to a "carnival" that they put on. AJE was chasing LT3 around the duck-duck-goose circle and Chauncey Gholston was playing bball with LT1. LT2 has a way of getting people (complete strangers) to do what she wants. This guy spent most of that afternoon pretending to be Mrs. Incredible.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Do student U kids get ANY sort of mentoring? I mean someone help her out please.
The only real help would be someone in a position of power being honest with her and telling her that she has absolutely no future in broadcasting unless she can massively improve.

I think she is a sweet girl, but people are doing her no favors by letting her continue like this.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
These are actually some of the best in their class as it’s a highly sought after position. StudentU has been a key recruiting tool for every J school in the conference which has multiple great programs. Off the top of my head the last three kids to have this role at Iowa have immediately landed good jobs at good stations, a couple of whom have already moved on to better jobs.

Poor Maddie will likely break the streak.

Reaction score
These are actually some of the best in their class as it’s a highly sought after position. StudentU has been a key recruiting tool for every J school in the conference which has multiple great programs. Off the top of my head the last three kids to have this role at Iowa have immediately landed good jobs at good stations, a couple of whom have already moved on to better jobs.

Poor Maddie will likely break the streak.
I think she'll be fine. Maybe end up at KWWL

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Apparently the team flew in to Ann Arbor already, but Michigan is cancelling the game anyway?

Reaction score
^^^^Guessing it had something to do with getting officials there? Anywho, they rescheduled it for tomorrow and then will get to travel & play at Penn State with one day of prep:
Aaaaannnnnnnd they've got jokes:
:icon_lol:

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Is women's basketball more fun than men's?

douglasbader

Reaction score
I have me a ol' crush on Megan.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Man, that just FELT huge for the program. We are always good, potential to finish great this year.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Is Megan the most dominant basketball player men’s or women’s to ever play at Iowa?

Bob

Reaction score
Is Megan the most dominant basketball player men’s or women’s to ever play at Iowa?
I'm not sure anyone else is even all that close. Maybe Lester if he didn't tear up his knee but that's probably about it.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Gustafson is incredible to watch. She is so quick to the basket when she's within ten feet of it, and when she's under the basket she gets the ball up and consistently in faster than anyone I've seen.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I love that BBK is bowing every post in this thread