**Kennesaw State vs. Iowa Basketball - 12/29/19 - 3pm - ESPNU**

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
They have like 10k season ticket holders. Bryant attendance was announced at almost 14k. that’s a lot of people who voluntarily bought tickets through the ticket office to not show up.

the game was quiet because they played like shit and almost lost to one of the worst teams in the country.

Reaction score
There weren’t nearly that many people there. I have pictures of the kids with a fuck ton of empty seats in the background. I’d post them but I don’t know how to remove the kids.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
There weren’t nearly that many people there. I have pictures of the kids with a fuck ton of empty seats in the background. I’d post them but I don’t know how to remove the kids.
Just perusing pics online and you actually being there would leave one to believe that, shockingly, Wade is full of shit.

Reaction score
Just perusing pics online and you actually being there would leave one to believe that, shockingly, Wade is full of shit.
My daughter can’t wait for the Maryland game. First game for her where it should be full and loud.

My son? He’s 7, so doesn’t give a fuck. Full or empty, he’s still eating ice cream. And probably falling asleep by halftime.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Just went and checked out Stubhub. Lol, bunch of delusional ticket holders on there. I've got $35 big ones burning a hole in my pocket and I plan on getting my fill of ice cream with money leftover.

Reaction score
My daughter can’t wait for the Maryland game. First game for her where it should be full and loud.

My son? He’s 7, so doesn’t give a fuck. Full or empty, he’s still eating ice cream. And probably falling asleep by halftime.
My routine is similar

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I’m just glad we have longtime residents of Texas and Kentucky here to let a season ticket holder know how many people actually go to the games and what the secondary market may look like outside of the arena before tip off.

The global reach of halo is unparalleled.

Reaction score
Just went and checked out Stubhub. Lol, bunch of delusional ticket holders on there. I've got $35 big ones burning a hole in my pocket and I plan on getting my fill of ice cream with money leftover.
I’m just glad we have longtime residents of Texas and Kentucky here to let a season ticket holder know how many people actually go to the games and what the secondary market may look like outside of the arena before tip off.

The global reach of halo is unparalleled.
Just stop.

5 or 10 bucks will get you in and you can sit about anywhere you want. Recommend you stay away from the babbling fan sitting in L.Wade's seat though.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Iowa basketball fan sucks. We could have a top 20 team and Carver will be embarrassingly empty.
They’ve sucked for decades. Carver was awesome at the time (AATT), but a lot of factors detract from fan attendance including the fucking douchebags that get up and leave a tie ball game at the under four to “beat traffic”. I hate them all.

Last edited:

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Lol. My Dad will usually give us tickets to this holiday game, and my son will now enjoy his third game where we buy (scalp or if the ticket office sells $5 kids tickets) a third seat. We sit together wherever the fuck we want. I always plan on this because actual attendance is like 6-7k.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Iowa drew 10k for an ACC opponent and 11k for OSU in mid Jan.

they announced a larger attendance for Bryant than ISU two weeks prior.

But holiday buy games totally aren’t more popular, guys.
Iowa basketball fan sucks. We could have a top 20 team and Carver will be embarrassingly empty.
They’ve sucked for decades. Carver was awesome at the time (AATT), but a lot of factors detract from fan attendance including the fucking douchebags that get up and leave a title ball game at the under four to “beat traffic”. I hate them all.
I think everyone in this thread realizes that Iowa basketball fan sucks in general. God knows I’m driving that bus. I am just saying that you wont be able to walk up an easily find seats like Doug described.

AZmess

Reaction score

They’ve sucked for decades. Carver was awesome at the time (AATT), but a lot of factors detract from fan attendance including the fucking douchebags that get up and leave a title ball game at the under four to “beat traffic”. I hate them all.
I think everyone in this thread realizes that Iowa basketball fan sucks in general. God knows I’m driving that bus. I am just saying that you wont be able to walk up an easily find seats like Doug described.
It’ll be super easy if I just use yours.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

Wait, are you using announced attendance numbers to bolster your argument? The only thing less reliable is high school 40 times. I would be shocked if there isn’t a game this year where you couldn’t walk up and get scalped tickets with little problem. (In Iowa City or Ames)

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score

Wait, are you using announced attendance numbers to bolster your argument? The only thing less reliable is high school 40 times. I would be shocked if there isn’t a game this year where you couldn’t walk up and get scalped tickets with little problem. (In Iowa City or Ames)
Have you considered reading a thread before responding?

And yes, when announced attendance is several thousand higher than the number of season ticket holder’s it’s a good thing. People don’t buy one-off game tickets and then not show up.

And again, I was not arguing that you could not scalp tickets. I was pointing out that Doug was exaggerating out easy would be to walk up and find great tickets in the lower bowl.

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score

Have you considered reading a thread before responding?

And yes, when announced attendance is several thousand higher than the number of season ticket holder’s it’s a good thing. People don’t buy one-off game tickets and then not show up.

And again, I was not arguing that you could not scalp tickets. I was pointing out that Doug was exaggerating out easy would be to walk up and find great tickets in the lower bowl.
Lol. I'm not exaggerating at all and you're wrong.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score

It’ll be super easy if I just use yours.
i go to the games!

sometimes

also, Merry Christmas

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
LWade fuckin cracks me up.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Lwade also believes Nebrantska has sold out 900 straight games.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The crowd is 100% going to suck.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I bet the announced attendance is over 14,000 and I will be cheering obnoxiously and sending you pictures

CUIHAWK

Loves the clock
Reaction score
Was wondering how in the fuck this thread was this long and now I know. Can't get that time back.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
I got tickets for tomorrow from a pretty prominent donor that's at Midlands this weekend with explicit instructions "you must be on your very best behavior to sit here"

So tonight I'm quickly learning how to knit, or maybe take up cross stitch so I'll fit in at Carver tomorrow.

Fuck that, I'm gonna get kicked out.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I got tickets for tomorrow from a pretty prominent donor that's at Midlands this weekend with explicit instructions "you must be on your very best behavior to sit here"

So tonight I'm quickly learning how to knit, or maybe take up cross stitch so I'll fit in at Carver tomorrow.

Vine at 1?

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score

Vine at 1?
Feller Club

AZmess

Reaction score

Vine at 1?
Feller Club
Have fun standing in line 20 minutes for a beer. The feller club is fucking stupid. Woooo we can drink in Carver.

Reaction score
Stop fighting over this stupid shit. Let’s get back on task. I love the pizza at the Wig and Pen, best in Iowa City.