**Longwood vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/9/21 - 9:00 pm - BTN**

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Rebounding might be an issue, but whatever, they are fun to watch.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
13 minutes for Ash. Not the start Douglas was looking for. In all seriousness I fucking hate Ash and it looks like he thinks he can be a vocal leader now that he's on scholarship. He shouldn't see the floor with that haircut.
He shoots like a middle school girl.

nikolausp

Paid His Bills
Reaction score
That was a fun game to watch... I liked Iowa's chemistry, communication, and ball movement. Good effort on Defense, and good job not fouling, for the most part. Obviously it was LONGWOOD, but anyhow, good effort/energy, they didn't quit till the final whistle.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Hopefully Fran figures out that Kris > Rebraca during one of our 12 exhibition games. What a fun team to watch.

bohannon has to enjoy SG so much more than PG. He would have been fighting for his life trying to initiate offense at midcourt most the night with some of their quick guards. Instead he goes and gets to get some shots up while Toussaint makes their life a living hell instead.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
This probably makes me a fucking idiot, but I enjoyed no Garza out there. The ball was moving and the floor was spread.

Perkins was disappointing. He was a little off in everything he did, but I think he'll be an important piece.

Longwood obviously sucks, but the defense seems 10 times better, even bohannon was actually getting after it and looked like he could actually move laterally.

Rebraca looks like he's about 6'5" to me and he will get eaten alive in the Big10 because he appears undersized, somewhat soft and a little wooden.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Josh O?

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Rebraca looks like he's about 6'5" to me and he will get eaten alive in the Big10 because he appears undersized, somewhat soft and a little wooden.
He's a Fran hardon player -- skinny, mobile but not really quick or athletic, skilled, and gets abused in the post. We've seen this before. He'll put some points up, have some good nights, and some pipe totin' young gentleman from Purdue or MSU will have his wicked way with him in a double-digit loss.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Josh O?
He didn't start playing basketball until he was a teen. Unlike Gabe O., he doesn't have the athleticism to make up for a lot of his mistakes. It's going to take Josh some time....

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
He didn't start playing basketball until he was a teen. Unlike Gabe O., he doesn't have the athleticism to make up for a lot of his mistakes. It's going to take Josh some time....
I think the post was in regards to him being in street clothes last nighg

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This probably makes me a fucking idiot, but I enjoyed no Garza out there. The ball was moving and the floor was spread.

Perkins was disappointing. He was a little off in everything he did, but I think he'll be an important piece.

Longwood obviously sucks, but the defense seems 10 times better, even bohannon was actually getting after it and looked like he could actually move laterally.

I think Fran's offense (and defense to an extent) flow better without a slow prodding big out there. I loved Garza but in many ways he wasn't really a fit for Fran's system but obviously with a guy like that you make it work.

I said it in the chat, but this team really is probably the closest version to what Fran did at Sienna and what he wants to do here. This is his ideal roster as he has quick guards, good shooters, and long athletic wings and forwards.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I think Fran's offense (and defense to an extent) flow better without a slow prodding big out there. I loved Garza but in many ways he wasn't really a fit for Fran's system but obviously with a guy like that you make it work.

I said it in the chat, but this team really is probably the closest version to what Fran did at Sienna and what he wants to do here. This is his ideal roster as he has quick guards, good shooters, and long athletic wings and forwards.
Well actually I said that and you just copied me. Copier.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
He's a Fran hardon player -- skinny, mobile but not really quick or athletic, skilled, and gets abused in the post. We've seen this before. He'll put some points up, have some good nights, and some pipe totin' young gentleman from Purdue or MSU will have his wicked way with him in a double-digit loss.
Glad you didn't say Minnesota because Rebraca had his way with them

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
The small amount of the game I was able to catch was quite eye opening. Keegan Murray could be one of the best all around players in Hawk history. Given I am basing this off of a game against Longwood, but watching hit threes, block shots and hustle down rebounds was awesome.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The small amount of the game I was able to catch was quite eye opening. Keegan Murray could be one of the best all around players in Hawk history. Given I am basing this off of a game against Longwood, but watching hit threes, block shots and hustle down rebounds was awesome.
Yep, and his brother is going to be really good as well.

The only thing about Keegan is he won't be here long enough. He will be gone after this year.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score

The only thing about Keegan is he won't be here long enough. He will be gone after this year.
Unless he's a sure top 20 pick I could see Keegan coming back next year to play with his brother again

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score

I like to picture him as Iowa's version of Glen Robinson, just taking motherfuckers to the rack and hitting threes and swatting shit.

But again, I need to temper expectations after Keegan essentially dropped a shit all over a glorified D-3 squad.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I like to picture him as Iowa's version of Glen Robinson, just taking motherfuckers to the rack and hitting threes and swatting shit.

But again, I need to temper expectations after Keegan essentially dropped a shit all over a glorified D-3 squad.
I mean, you do realize he played last year as well, right? This wasn't his first game.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Keegan is the kind of player that will just find points too and so you don't really have to work the offense thru him like Garza (and Cook the year before). Just awesome all around. 5 blocks and a couple of them highlight reel ones, plus everything on offense. And Kris was really good too.

Perkins seemed like he was playing sideways all night and was falling over every time he touched the ball. Still actually looked pretty decent weirdly enough.

Pat did a euro step from the 3 pt line that was one of the ugliest moves I think I've ever seen. Got 2 FTs tho.

I like Mulvey more than Flip at this point. He seems bigger and just as quick.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Yup, a MSU or Purdue will kill us on the boards, but this could be a fun but flawed team.
Agreed. This team will be very fun to watch at times. If they limit turnovers, and the perimeter shooters are hot, they will be a handful for many teams. On the other hand, they are really gonna have problems in the paint during the Big 10 schedule.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
1st round is 3 years of guaranteed money. a kid would be crazy not to take it, especially with the chance of injury in college the following season.

he's gone if he's 1st round.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Never heard of this website. Is Jaden Ivey of Purdue that much better of a prospect than Keegan? Ivey looked like a poor mans Ayo out there last year. There are basically three players in that mock draft first round that are not freshman. Really shows the value of being young and why it's best to make the leap to the NBA ASAP.