- Mich St vs Iowa. 2/2/21. 6:00pm. FS1 -

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Nope. Not this fucking year.

I'll just say it; Iowa will be 1or2or3-0 vs MSU this season. (& NW gets a rested and ready opponent early Sunday afternoon)

The Hawks will beat him so bad this year, Izzo will reenact his crybaby act about Iowa firing The Criminal.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The Big Ten should easily be able to fit this game in on January 25th or 26th.

Iowa plays Jan. 21st and then not again until Jan. 29th. Michigan State plays Jan. 23rd and 28th.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
The Big Ten should easily be able to fit this game in on January 25th or 26th.

Iowa plays Jan. 21st and then not again until Jan. 29th. Michigan State plays Jan. 23rd and 28th.
Izzo cryface will not let that happen.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Karen Warren is gonna fuck Iowa & somehow make them play 4 games in 6 days or some shit.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
If the big ten had a leader with balls they’d start counting these as forfeits. It’s obvious MSU & izzo don’t give a shit.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
is there a point to having a conference tournament this year? Every decent team is getting in. Priority should be playing all regular season games

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
is there a point to having a conference tournament this year? Every decent team is getting in. Priority should be playing all regular season games
Yes. You don’t want Michigan or Iowa missing a seed line for not getting those extra 3 wins.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
The Big Ten has been very under seeded the past several years. Maybe less games & less loses is the way to go for a conference that hasn’t won a damn title in over two decades.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The Big Ten has been very under seeded the past several years. Maybe less games & less loses is the way to go for a conference that hasn’t won a damn title in over two decades.
or maybe fix the officiating issue so our best teams don’t lose road games to average teams because the refs let the home team commit assault.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Even if it didn't mean anything for NCAA seeding purposes - which it most certainly does - why would you not wish to see this Iowa team play as many games as possible this season!?!?

This is a "historical" kind of team and potential results that makes being a Hawk fan great. I want to watch them play AMAP!

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
or maybe fix the officiating issue so our best teams don’t lose road games to average teams because the refs let the home team commit assault.
^ This.

If the games - no matter where they are played, or vs whom - were officiated even half as much as they should be consistently, most of Fran's teams would average about (or more) 100ppg. And a squad like this one? 120+ppg.

douglasbader

Reaction score
^ This.

If the games - no matter where they are played, or vs whom - were officiated even half as much as they should be consistently, most of Fran's teams would average about (or more) 100ppg. And a squad like this one? 120+ppg.
Lol, no. Calm down. They would score more, but 120+ per game is absurd and not happening even if they called everything.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Even if it didn't mean anything for NCAA seeding purposes - which it most certainly does - why would you not wish to see this Iowa team play as many games as possible this season!?!?

This is a "historical" kind of team and potential results that makes being a Hawk fan great. I want to watch them play AMAP!
This is correct. I had to laugh when I kept reading people say “what is the point of the non con this year?” Or “what is the point of having bowl games?” We are Iowa fans because we enjoy watching Iowa sports. Let’s not root against games happening- especially with a team as good as this one

douglasbader

Reaction score
If Iowa were some 7 seed and hadn't been hit with COVID-19 and thought skipping the Big Ten Tournament would in some way get them to the Sweet 16 or better, then MAYBE if you were a total pussy you would have a point.

I want to see this wonderful Iowa team play as many games as possible. Every fucking game. This is a once in a lifetime team at Iowa that most of us will never see again, so every fucking second they can be on the court is a blessing.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
This is correct. I had to laugh when I kept reading people say “what is the point of the non con this year?” Or “what is the point of having bowl games?” We are Iowa fans because we enjoy watching Iowa sports. Let’s not root against games happening- especially with a team as good as this one
When Mizzou flaked out of the bowl game, I saw some Mizzou blogger say as some sort of attempted pwn "Wow looks like Iowa fans really cared about this game." Like, yeah. I like to watch Iowa play games. Good one, asshole.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
FS1 shows Penn St Wisconsin in this time slot btw. I am looking to record and can't find the game.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Penn State and Wisconsin are playing back to back games against each other.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Penn State and Wisconsin are playing back to back games against each other.
Didn’t the conference schedule always used to be like this? I seem to remember the second half of the season being a mirror image of the first.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Didn’t the conference schedule always used to be like this? I seem to remember the second half of the season being a mirror image of the first.
When it was a 16 game schedule the first 6 were against the double plays, the middle 4 were the single plays then the last 6 were the double plays in reverse order. So the last double play of the first 6 was the first double play of the last 6. They were separated by the 4 single plays though which was usually 2 weeks.

Once the conference went to 18 games the schedule became a jumble of shit.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It’s becoming apparent that this is one of Izzo’s worst teams and while we could definitely get beat, I think Iowa cruises to a 10-15 point win in this one. They don’t have the bodies down low to rape like they have in past years and they lack a guard that can get the timely buckets on command.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
It’s a little too quiet here for this game. It feels odd that Iowa is a much better team than Michigan State currently. Let’s hope they play that way tonight.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I replaced my tiger hawk flag with the American flag on Inauguration Day. Iowa has not won since I did that. So I will flip the flag back tonight.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I replaced my tiger hawk flag with the American flag on Inauguration Day. Iowa has not won since I did that. So I will flip the flag back tonight.
Can we send him to halo court just because?