**Nebrantska vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/8/20 - 5pm - BTN**

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
That was the longest Iowa scoreless drought that I can remember. If it had only lasted three minutes instead of eight, they might have scored 110 points. Good thing they were playing Nebrantska. A drought like that against an upper level team will kill them.

Wieskamp is the best pure athlete on the team.

Ash has a weird looking shot. In some ways, Toussaint does too.

Also, fwiw, I was watching Duke-North Carolina yesterday. Both had on blue uniforms. just different shades of blue. It was a little confusing. How the fuck did they let that happen? There were a couple of times during the fast-moving parts of the game when players got confused and almost passed the ball to opposing players before realizing their mistake.
They got permission from the NCAA. Next time try watching on a color TV

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
bohannon has to lose that fucking headband

either that or come back next year will full beard, headband, and antoine joubert wristbands. work the douchiness off the charts while you're raining 3s.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
bohannon has to lose that fucking headband

either that or come back next year will full beard, headband, and antoine joubert wristbands. work the douchiness off the charts while you're raining 3s.

douglasbader

Was RATT
Reaction score
Here is my experience with this game. I had an event to go to and wasn't able to watch the game. Dropped my daughter off at the in-laws and decided to put the game on in the car and listen to it on bluetooth. It is fairly early and Iowa is up 25-9. Awesome.

The drive to the event was about 25 minutes. Traffic was light so it was closer to 20 minutes.

Iowa didn't score the entire drive.

Found out when I got home they somehow scored 96 points with an 8+ minute drought and starters resting for the last 10 minutes of the game.

Reaction score
Here is my experience with this game. I had an event to go to and wasn't able to watch the game. Dropped my daughter off at the in-laws and decided to put the game on in the car and listen to it on bluetooth. It is fairly early and Iowa is up 25-9. Awesome.

The drive to the event was about 25 minutes. Traffic was light so it was closer to 20 minutes.

Iowa didn't score the entire drive.

Found out when I got home they somehow scored 96 points with an 8+ minute drought and starters resting for the last 10 minutes of the game.

douglasbader

Was RATT
Reaction score
Watched the game this afternoon....

- The most encouraging thing was Wieskamp played the sort of game he should play all the time. He wasn't settling for jump shots or hesitating. Drove hard to the rim and used his jump stop as a weapon. That should be his go to move as it is a lot harder for defenders to time their jump and block his shot. He shot 8 free throws. 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and 0 turnovers. Needs to translate all of this on the road the rest of the year.

- Fran has got to get a clue when it comes to the subs at the 12 minute mark. I know he is short handed and there isn't many options, but this is yet another game that goes straight into the shitter because you have Bakari, Pemsl, Kreiner and Connor on the court at the same time. He tried to fix it by bringing Garza back in, but it was too late and the flow was shit at that point.

- I'm not saying this based on yesterday, but there are some games where I think I would rather have Austin Ash play that Bakari. He at least is a threat to score. Bakari is just terrible for the most part. It is great he had that one good game against Cincinnati (which really wasn't all that great considering the 5 turnovers), but he is a 25% shooter that turns the ball over and fouls at a high rate. He plays adequate defense and that is about it.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Fran should consider pulling Garza out around the 14 minute mark then subbing him in with that second group. It just doesn’t make sense to me for him to have both Garza and Wieskamp out of the game at the same time.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Fran should consider pulling Garza out around the 14 minute mark then subbing him in with that second group. It just doesn’t make sense to me for him to have both Garza and Wieskamp out of the game at the same time.
Agree

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Watched the game this afternoon....

- The most encouraging thing was Wieskamp played the sort of game he should play all the time. He wasn't settling for jump shots or hesitating. Drove hard to the rim and used his jump stop as a weapon. That should be his go to move as it is a lot harder for defenders to time their jump and block his shot. He shot 8 free throws. 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and 0 turnovers. Needs to translate all of this on the road the rest of the year.

- Fran has got to get a clue when it comes to the subs at the 12 minute mark. I know he is short handed and there isn't many options, but this is yet another game that goes straight into the shitter because you have Bakari, Pemsl, Kreiner and Connor on the court at the same time. He tried to fix it by bringing Garza back in, but it was too late and the flow was shit at that point.

- I'm not saying this based on yesterday, but there are some games where I think I would rather have Austin Ash play that Bakari. He at least is a threat to score. Bakari is just terrible for the most part. It is great he had that one good game against Cincinnati (which really wasn't all that great considering the 5 turnovers), but he is a 25% shooter that turns the ball over and fouls at a high rate. He plays adequate defense and that is about it.
I don’t think Fran will be making the same subs in future games that don’t involve a big lead against a bad team at home.

Reaction score
Kind of thought he was doing that yesterday. He took out Garza first at 12:44 but left CJ and Joe out there together which hasn't happened much. Joe came out at like 11:30 but CJ stayed. Then he had Luka and Joe back ready to check in around 10:30.

The last 3+ minutes or so of that drought came with the starters in.

Rolo Tomassi

Friend to All Small Animals
Reaction score
They got permission from the NCAA. Next time try watching on a color TV
Yes, I broke down recently and bought me one of them there new-fangled color tv things. That's how I could tell both teams had on blue uniforms, moron.