**North Carolina vs. Iowa Basketball - 12/8/20 - 6:35pm - ESPN**

Mustangs989

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Someone on Twitter said Iowa is 4-1 all time vs UNC. Is that accurate?
My dad gave me a good story tonight I'd somehow never heard. Said 31 years ago (tomorrow) he went to Carver to watch Iowa vs. UNC and gave my mom a call on the pay phone at Wig & Pen after the game. She was in labor so he rushed home to take her to the hospital and had me the next day.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I am hoping this is the game where bohannon makes his grand return behind the 3 point line while NC focuses on Garza.
gloat gloat gloat. Didn’t expect weezy and CJ to join in too but I welcomed it

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Nunge is going to be inconsistent but he will have some massive games mixed in. His shot wasn’t falling and it was asking a lot against their physical bigs but he’s so much better than Pemsl. Probably doesn’t need to pull from three so often though :-|
He had some good takes to the hoop.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Just a bunch of hard-nosed red asses. This is Fran’s wet dream. Every guy on this team is a shit talking, fuck you.
Like halo in basketball form, with actual athletic talent

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Just a bunch of hard-nosed red asses. This is Fran’s wet dream. Every guy on this team is a shit talking, fuck you.
Absolutely true. And it’s fucking awesome as long as the shooters back it up.

Mustangs989

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Looking back I think my biggest positive is that Fran had a real feel for the rotation tonight. Like others have said we really don't have anyone in the rotation that plays that is a blackhole but thought he managed Garza's minutes and putting Joe T with the backups when he should have to make plays well. He can probably push the CJ and Wieskamp minutes more than he did tonight as well but it really wasn't necessary. His rotations been a huge knock so really encouraging.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think that is supposed to be against a non-conference ranked opponent as they did this against Illinois in 1987 (as well as three other times in 1987).
They beat three top 10 teams in a row in 87. Two of them on the road and the other, they hung 101 on Indiana.

Reactions: BBK

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
How didn’t you expect CJ? If he had as many shots as bohannon had, he’d of scored 50. Best shooter they’ve ever had.
bohannon is the record holder for 3 pointers in school history and he has one season left. Hard to label anyone else on the team as the best shooter

Reaction score
Not many players impacting a game like Connor while not attempting a shot.
It's like the thing that would be the joke on PMT or Titus and Tate where you're making fun of the guy who is smarter than everyone else and says "well actually, the guy who doesn't score is kind of one of their most important players..." but it's totally true. There are so many times where he's off the floor that I want him back out there.
He bodied up a 6'10, 240 pound preseason ACC player of the year and held his own for the most part. He doesn't make mistakes. He's the guy I always want with the ball in the half court in any big spot. He has no ego, brings toughness and an edge. He's so good and his box scores will be empty most of the time.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Keegan Murray wasn’t in long, but he had two key plays. Joe T. started out slow, but also made a couple of big plays. Patrick rebounded well. The bench was fine tonight.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Pat was fairly shitty tonight, but still good to get him some key minutes.

Reaction score
It does seem like 40 shots (more than half of total shots) from 3 is probably a little on the high end for attempts. Maybe not with how the NBA is these days. Who knows.
In theory I'm with you but not if you get the looks we had. A couple may have been early in the clock but none were really forced or rushed. We hit a couple of the more contested ones.

UNC has the perfect mix to defend Luka. 4 big, athletic dudes with fouls to give who were physical all night. If teams try to double him, knockdown shooters are gonna be left open. I'm guessing a handful of teams at least are going to go the Michigan route and leave him 1 on 1 all night to not leave shooters from 3. Obviously we'll have bad shooting nights and struggle with pressure sometimes, but holy shit this team is an absolute bitch to defend.

jquintana

Refuses to use capital letters
Reaction score
It's like the thing that would be the joke on PMT or Titus and Tate where you're making fun of the guy who is smarter than everyone else and says "well actually, the guy who doesn't score is kind of one of their most important players..." but it's totally true. There are so many times where he's off the floor that I want him back out there.
He bodied up a 6'10, 240 pound preseason ACC player of the year and held his own for the most part. He doesn't make mistakes. He's the guy I always want with the ball in the half court in any big spot. He has no ego, brings toughness and an edge. He's so good and his box scores will be empty most of the time.
When JoBo was handling the ball late in the game, I'm hollering at my wife, "why is Connor not in the game?' Something I can't imagine 2 years ago.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I thought Patrick was pretty good, despite the three point attempt that looked like something I would put up.

He need to use his ballhandling to his advantage.