- Northwestern vs Iowa. 12/29/20. 8:00pm. FS1 -

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
bohannon has totally redeemed himself. Hope he can keep it up. CJ’s pull-up game is awesome. Nothing tonight seemed forced by anyone, especially Garza. Keegan needs more minutes, he does great things. I did not like Patrick first off the bench in the first half and jack first off of it in the second but now I’m just finding things to bitch about because I am Iowafan.

Reaction score
bohannon has totally redeemed himself. Hope he can keep it up. CJ’s pull-up game is awesome. Nothing tonight seemed forced by anyone, especially Garza. Keegan needs more minutes, he does great things. I did not like Patrick first off the bench in the first half and jack first off of it in the second but now I’m just finding things to bitch about because I am Iowafan.
Patrick played well 1st half. He's trying to get Nunge going. I know it leads to a million "makes 'em in practice" jokes but he's obviously better than he's playing in games right now. Can't give up on him.

Keegan ended up playing 21 minutes, Pat 12, Nunge 9.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I was confused with pat first off the bench but he was fine. Other than his WTF lob pass to nunge, I think he has the passing instincts of his brother. Based on how ugly their shots are I’m just going to assume they didn’t have a basketball hoop at home growing up and just played pass.

Nunge was awful in the first half so I don’t at all understand that.

Reaction score
Keegan got more minutes because Connor picked up 2 early fouls. I wouldn't count on it moving forward.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Patrick played well 1st half. He's trying to get Nunge going. I know it leads to a million "makes 'em in practice" jokes but he's obviously better than he's playing in games right now. Can't give up on him.

Keegan ended up playing 21 minutes, Pat 12, Nunge 9.
I like nunge down on the block. I know fran is telling him to shoot those but he’s not hitting anything and it seems to be causing defensive lapses as well

Reaction score
Fran giving Keegan decent minutes was great. Nunge coming in and immediately shooting a long two made me want to punch him in the throat.
Feel bad for the kid, he's struggling. Didn't think the wide open 3 he gave up off the offensive board was as bad as it looked though. He left the ball on a non-shooter to find their 46% guy when no one else could've gotten there. Looked bad obviously when the kid drilled it.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Not different than any other year, but our team appears to be very different on the road v. at home.

We had 9 road games remaining. 7 are against current top 25 teams.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Fran giving Keegan decent minutes was great. Nunge coming in and immediately shooting a long two made me want to punch him in the throat.

Nunge had been in the game about 2 minutes when he took that shot. Already had a rebound and 2 assists.

But his shot is broke, I agree.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Keegan got more minutes because Connor picked up 2 early fouls. I wouldn't count on it moving forward.
It would be nice to have four shooters surrounding Garza but at the same time Connor is the reason we can play through Garza half the time.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
I hope Fran moves away from Nunge at the PF. It may only be a few minutes a game but it makes no sense when Keegan is sitting on the bench.
im at this point as well. Jacks minutes not subbing for Garza specifically need to start getting squeezed for Keegan. You can always go game to game with this and ride Nunge is he’s giving good minutes.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don’t think you can extract intra-season numbers but our tempo is really slowing down.

Reaction score
From the Northwestern Rivals basketball board:

“Watching Iowa hoops is really annoying. They just don’t miss.”

“They're a smart, disciplined team.”

“Iowa's rep is well deserved”

“Iowa is the best shooting team in the country, not named Gonzaga! They have not taken a bad shot all night!”

“Buie was underestimating their length and he’s now rushing everything. Iowa players are freaks.”

“Garza definitely bumps a ton of people in lane, but he’s pretty crafty about it. Always has his hands up and moves his feet very well.”

“Effing bohannon. Skinny white metronome of death.”

Reaction score
Super early so the projections don't mean that much but right now KenPom has us, Illinois and Wisconsin all projected at 13-7, Michigan and Rutgers at 12-8 then six teams with 9 or 10 wins.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

“Iowa is the best shooting team in the country, not named Gonzaga! They have not taken a bad shot all night!”

“Buie was underestimating their length and he’s now rushing everything. Iowa players are freaks.”

“Garza definitely bumps a ton of people in lane, but he’s pretty crafty about it. Always has his hands up and moves his feet very well.”

LOL

hawkeyealum

Reaction score

And I’m spent

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Super early so the projections don't mean that much but right now KenPom has us, Illinois and Wisconsin all projected at 13-7, Michigan and Rutgers at 12-8 then six teams with 9 or 10 wins.
Whichever team wins the league this year will have earned it.

except Wisconsin. I’ll just assume they cheated

Reaction score
I don’t think you can extract intra-season numbers but our tempo is really slowing down.
Best I can get in that regard...
Overall we're 88th in tempo but our offensive possessions are 26th fastest in the country at 15 seconds, defense is 17.1.
In the four Big Ten games we're 10th in tempo in league. Our offensive possessions are 7th fastest at 17.2 seconds, defense is 18.0 seconds, 10th fastest.

And obviously the Big Ten games are slightly pulling down the overall numbers so the game has really slowed down in the conference games on both ends.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score

It’s almost like Northwestern fans...do their homework

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I was gonna look at their board but then I realize that no one cheers for NW except NW grads so I would be by far the stupidest person there.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
As good as the league is, looking at the schedule Iowa could finish the season with a 20-9/19-10 type récord.

That doesn't look sexy at all. What seed could Iowa end up with having that type of record?

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
As good as the league is, looking at the schedule Iowa could finish the season with a 20-9/19-10 type récord.

That doesn't look sexy at all. What seed could Iowa end up with having that type of record?
3 or 4

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Nunge is getting way too much hate. His shot selection needs to improve but I’m confident he’ll figure it out.

He needs to play both 4 and 5 and needs to develop bc they’re gonna need him a lot next year.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Nunge is getting way too much hate. His shot selection needs to improve but I’m confident he’ll figure it out.

He needs to play both 4 and 5 and needs to develop bc they’re gonna need him a lot next year.
I agree it's nitpicky when you're talking a couple minutes but why does he need to play the 4? I guess I would rather have developemental minutes go to Keegan than Nunge.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score

The narrative shifts game to game are hilarious.

• Ulis is better than Touissant. I hope Ulis takes his minutes.
  • bohannon sucks now. I hope Touissant takes his minutes.
  • Wieskamp is a pussy. Wait, he's awesome again. Nope, once again a pussy.
  • Nunge looks amazing. NBA scouts looking at him. Bench him/take his minutes away for a true freshman.

Reaction score

Reaction score
Rutgers has been worse defensively than us in Big Ten games which seems weird. The 3 Big Ten teams below us in conference games are Rutgers, PSU and Michigan State. Sample size but still surprising.

Reactions: BBK