**Official 2021 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
By all accounts Spencer is a a good team mate, stand up guy and has a good grasp of Brian's offense that apparently takes years to master. However he is bad at executing said offense with any degree of consistency. He lacks decision making skills and is unable to execute physically plays that are often right there for the taking. This is all on the Kirk and Brian for not having another option developed and/or the willingness to try other options. We have seen stubborn Kirk before particularly at the QB position but things will get ugly for Spencer unfortunately if Kirk and Brian don't pull their head out of their ass. Actually, I blame Kirk more than Brian on this b/c it has been apparent in the past that Brian is no fan of Petras either.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Do you think his mom sees the horrifically thrown balls, lack of execution of simple plays, and complete lack of awareness in the pocket- Then she thinks to herself man the fans are going to be mean to Spence for that one, over and over all game.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
at this point, getting mad at Brian is like getting mad at the guy who built your house when you forced him to buy the cheapest possible materials.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It isn’t a good idea for Spencer to stay in Iowa City. Every game Iowa loses that he plays QB is just going to be just brutal for him. Also, he does suck at football which is unfortunate.
Some goober from Riverside is likely to lose it and take him out.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
That's more fucking embarrassing than his play on the field. His mom is seeking out feedback on her son from dorks on the internet and really taking it to heart. Instead of saying don't read that shit, I'm a grown man he cries out for help in the media. I didn't think I could hate him more but here we are.

ddevries

Loved and Defended Kirk's Son Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
So if it isn’t Petras, what are the possibilities?
1. Labas
2. Bazelak (Mizzou)
3. Other Transfer Portal Candidates?

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
I don’t understand why anyone in the public spotlight, would read any comments on social media.

Especially if you’re really shitty at what you do.
Let alone, make personal statements about those comments.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
That's more fucking embarrassing than his play on the field. His mom is seeking out feedback on her son from dorks on the internet and really taking it to heart. Instead of saying don't read that shit, I'm a grown man he cries out for help in the media. I didn't think I could hate him more but here we are.
if you’re reading Spencer’s mom, I don’t wish him ill. I just don’t want him playing another snap as Iowa’s QB

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
So if it isn’t Petras, what are the possibilities?
1. Labas
2. Bazelak (Mizzou)
3. Other Transfer Portal Candidates?
Just look at the depth chart and OSU or Alabama and offer the 4th string guy the job