**Official Indiana vs. Iowa Football Thread - 2:30pm - BTN**

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
He had happy feet every play that his first read wasn't there. He is far from comfortable back there. The good news and improvement is he didn't have a pirouette and throw it in the gut of a defender
I noticed this terribly at the beginning of the game but did notice it settled down a bit as the game went on. The spazzy feet is what bothers me most,(besides the "its ok I sucked there" clapping) and was one of the things I was looking for to see if he seemed more comfortable. At first definite no, then there was some hope. Next week is a big test- opposing fans

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
Just think, next week we get to see Petras not only on the road for the first time with fans, but probably in as tough of an environment as Iowa has ever played in. Should be fun.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I am hoping its another thing to add to the list to make fun of cryfan for after IOWA beats their best team ever.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
That was clearly 1-2 missed assignments. It is nice having a back that can score when that happens though.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Indiana blitzed a ton, the young OL did a nice job in pass pro. Defense was great but Korner may have worse hands than Tyler Cook.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Not sure on the lines (didn't purchase anything), but I saw a few people carrying whole 6 packs still in rings. Other people carrying 3 or 4 st a time. Figured it would be limited to 1 or 2 at a time, so allowing larger purchases an option should have shortened the lines.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
The entire Riley Moss family and friends were at Blackstone on the east side after the game for food and drinks. I resisted the urge to go up to Riley and say "great game today!" or some such crap. Sadly 3 or 4 others at the bar were not able to resist.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
The entire Riley Moss family and friends were at Blackstone on the east side after the game for food and drinks. I resisted the urge to go up to Riley and say "great game today!" or some such crap. Sadly 3 or 4 others at the bar were not able to resist.
I heard Doug gave him a high five and said “Hawks by a million!”

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
I think people are trying really hard to confirm their previous assessment that petras sucks.
It’s not a hard assertion to support.

Exhibits A, B, and C would be the A) shit throw to Tracy, B) the one where he rolled to his left and threw the ball 10 yards short of a wide open receiver, and C) the numerous times where he threw the ball out of bounds before he had to do so.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It’s not a hard assertion to support.

Exhibits A, B, and C would be the A) shit throw to Tracy, B) the one where he rolled to his left and threw the ball 10 yards short of a wide open receiver, and C) the numerous times where he threw the ball out of bounds before he had to do so.
we should definitely ignore the 5-6 great throws that he was struggling to make last year.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
Note: if Petras made 5 - 6 great throws that he wouldn’t have made last year you are saying that last year he would have been 8 - 27 for something like 80 yards.

Reaction score
Dude, he didn’t play well today. It’s ok to call a spade a spade. Iowa’s defense, once again, will carry this team to a solid season.
He also didn't play as bad as your making it.

He got hurt on his td run and you could see he was gimpy the rest of the game.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
He also didn't play as bad as your making it.

He got hurt on his td run and you could see he was gimpy the rest of the game.
Maybe that explains why Cloud didn't see as much spazzy feet later in the game.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I need to watch the game again. After the first half I thought petras looked okay. Made some good reads/throws but drops killed any momentum. Tracy giving him a "wtf" look is not a good sign however.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
BREAKING: Tracy is a demonstrative kid. He’s also a WR, and every WR thinks that they are open every play. Quit overthinking this.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Note: if Petras made 5 - 6 great throws that he wouldn’t have made last year you are saying that last year he would have been 8 - 27 for something like 80 yards.
lol, what?

so you are saying that if petras hadn’t completed throws that he was missing last year, he would be playing on level similar to last year?

thats some fucking analysis there and why I pay big money for this website.

Reaction score
I hate Petras as much as anyone but I don’t think we saw anything yesterday that would be fair to judge his overall hopeful improvement. Iowa jumped ahead 14-0 and you could tell they just managed the game from there on. His receivers dropped a lot of good throws. Outside of his roll out that he left 10 yards short of Tracy I can’t remember a play that made me think Wtf like dozens last year from him. Does he possibly suck? Probably but I think he’s good enough with this defense and most QBs suck honestly. Next week in an actual road test will show Iowa fans a lot about him. Keep in mind I was blacked out before the game so I missed half of his throws.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
BREAKING: Tracy is a demonstrative kid. He’s also a WR, and every WR thinks that they are open every play. Quit overthinking this.
If you were watching, in the huddle afterwards Tracy had his head down with slumped shoulders and Petras gave him a little tap on the shoulder.

It was a bad throw, but that suggested to me less that Tracy was mad at Petras than Tracy was mad at himself and Petras was telling him "you were fine, that's on me."

HaloMan likes to confirm his priors, and that's what we're seeing here. I, for one, am encouraged by how he looked yesterday.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
lol, what?

so you are saying that if petras hadn’t completed throws that he was missing last year, he would be playing on level similar to last year?

thats some fucking analysis there and why I pay big money for this website.
Petras went 13 - 27 for 145 yards yesterday.

If he truly made 5 - 6 great throws that he wouldn’t have made yesterday that takes away 5 of those 13 completions. That’s 8 - 27.

It’s math.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
If you were watching, in the huddle afterwards Tracy had his head down with slumped shoulders and Petras gave him a little tap on the shoulder.

It was a bad throw, but that suggested to me less that Tracy was mad at Petras than Tracy was mad at himself and Petras was telling him "you were fine, that's on me."

HaloMan likes to confirm his priors, and that's what we're seeing here. I, for one, am encouraged by how he looked yesterday.
I want to believe!

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score

You think Tracy was mad at himself for Petras underthrowing that ball??

Come on, man.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Tracy was pissed at him earlier in the game when he was open and Petras chucked it out of bounds.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
There is a huge chasm between “Petras played well” and “Petras is the worst QB in a power 5 conference.”

We are within that chasm.
Except we have a number of dumbfucks that treat this as a simple binary choice, and that if you aren’t firmly one…then the only possible alternative is the other.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Just rewatched and Petras was fine minus a few throws. He made some really good throws that were dropped. He isn’t great, but much better than last year.
Thats what I'm hearing as well