Officially Done With Ferentz Thread

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
Top Tier or Obvious

Phil Parker (likely should get the chance if he wanted it, but I don't think he wants the bullshit that goes along with it)
Bob Stoops (too old and too much weirdness and rumor and issues when he left Oklahoma)
Mark Stoops (maybe but meh)
Chris Klieman (great option)
Bert Bielema (FAT!!)

Second Tier Mostly Younger

Brian Ferentz (used to be in the top tier, very unlikely now)
Jerry Montgomery (would be a good option)
David Raih (more likely a OC hire)
Seth Wallace, Levar Woods (more likely DC)

I just don't see them making an outside the program hire, so not even going to list anyone other than Klieman who is a pseudo-Iowa guy.

Don't think it matters though, Kirk isn't leaving for 4-5 years.

Reaction score
Is interesting to reread the beginning of this thread. Hard to believe the shittiness (Greg Davis) and fall off after the the Orange Bowl only to be where we are now in 2021. Holy shit, football-life is good.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
It's been 4 years I've been saying that kirk needs to go. Hope it's not another 4 years before he's gone. Don't think I want Barta to be the one to hire someone, but honestly most ANYBODY would likely do better with game management. I think a lot of coaches would love to come back to IC.
I lost faith at one point but imagine saying this in 2014...that in 2010 you wanted Kirk to be fired. Good lord.

Reaction score
It's weird on the timing of how we always seem to hit (from a fan perspective) rock bottom about every six years - 2008 Pitt game when they went with Christian leads to 2009. 2014 ISU debacle and whole season leads to Beathard 2015. 2020 we had the race stuff and started 0-2 with Petras digging a hole he's still not completely out of and have proceed to win 12 (should be 14 straight but for pussy Covid cancellations).

Reaction score
It's weird on the timing of how we always seem to hit (from a fan perspective) rock bottom about every six years - 2008 Pitt game when they went with Christian leads to 2009. 2014 ISU debacle and whole season leads to Beathard 2015. 2020 we had the race stuff and started 0-2 with Petras digging a hole he's still not completely out of and have proceed to win 12 (should be 14 straight but for pussy Covid cancellations).
8-0 Iowa plays in Indy, then playoff had they won. So, don’t think you can really say this.

Reaction score
Honestly if we were 8-2 last year we might have been as hyped as Iowa State. They got the benefit of being one of the only teams to play essentially a full schedule.

Reaction score
Lots of peeps wanting Dantonio in the first few pages...not naming names for the fear of retribution/banning.

Reaction score
I like how the thread turned out to be utterly misguided but benchmarks where people would be willing to move ahead with a firing were sometimes met. Imagine learning in 2014 that in 16 we would in fact lose to NDSU and yet 99% of fans were not calling for his firing at that time.

get real dude

you know KF isn't getting fired. maybe if we get our asses handed to us by ndsu in '16 then we can start talking about the possibility.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Lol at this thread. Ferentz isn't going anywhere until he decides to retire. Period. He is pretty much Hayden Fry as far as figurehead of the program goes. Stop these silly fucking threads.
Dougie was RATT for real in this thread and a whole bunch of you were a mini-version of Tom Brady Career Over with the hot takes.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I really do think that Iowa has seen their best days for Football. We have been pretty lucky to have Hayden and Ferentz for the past 35 years. With the population shift and demographics changes to the South, increased competition in the Midwest through SEC expansion and influence along with the rise of Wisconsin and Michigan State within the Big Ten, I can see Iowa pulling back the reigns or simply being satisfied with being competitive every once in a while. That is pretty much what we have right now.

They have built and upgraded the facilities to last the next 20+ years at a minimum. Kinnick is pretty much set for decades. I can see them not wanting to further enter the arms race beyond what they already have. With the new influx of TV money that is about to happen, I can see Iowa becoming even more comfortable than they already are.

You are NEVER going to be able to recruit well at Iowa outside once every decade or so you get a stellar class. Look at Wisconsin and even Michigan State. They have had unprecedented success and both are still barely moving the needle when it comes to recruiting, and they are situated in much better recruiting areas than Iowa. The only hope is to have a developer of talent and hope you catch fire every few years.
I was also fucking WATT. Sheesh.

Reaction score
He isn't able to bring any quality players in anymore either...there are zero playmakers on the team
Oh brother
Let this sink in: Davis makes you want KOK
Best Howler post of all time
I Want Lou Holtzs balls over KF right now
Worst howler post of all time
Watching KF's post game press conference now, god damn what a fucking pompous asswipe.

And the fucking reporters continue to lob him fucking softballs. Who is their responsibility to? KF and the program? Or their readers? It's almost as if their checks are being signed by the athletic department....
They fixed that problem for ya CJ
It's an unwatchable product. KF is a stubborn dumbfuck. He needs to go.
GLCNN!
We are all in agreement that Greg Davis isn't the problem, right?
Yikes

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Things will never get better!

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
I was full-throttle "Fire Kirk" after the Tax-slayer Bowl. Dead program, no hope in sight. Life comes at you fast.
That was almost 7 years ago. In some ways it feels like longer.

Reaction score
Today will mark the beginning of the end for KF. They are not a good football and are unwatchable. I respect the job he has done but it's over.
I've got great news for ya
This is why Ferentz will be here as long as he wants. The low expectations of a significant chunk of the fan base.
Fuck you
Greg Davis sucked as an OC with top talent. Not sure wtf made captain conservative think he was going to do anything other than suck a sack of cocks with our 2 stars.
Good point
I would suck a penus for a bag man.
@YugoslavianMountainHound
KF gives out apples and toothbrushes at Halloween.
Ha
I would suck a penus for Brett Bielema.
I'd let you

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I also (correctly) wanted everyone in marketing fired after the 2013 Wisconsin game.

Lee Beevers

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Heavens did not handle Iowa being bested on the football field very well if my memory serves me.

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
I fully admit to being on the “Fire Kirk, hire Bert,” train.

StinkyMcFadden

Loyal Son Forever True
Reaction score
I fully admit to being on the “Fire Kirk, hire Bert,” train.
Kirk has been a dumbfuck a LOT during his tenure. There's no reason to apologize for it, just because he's having a good season.

I'll always remember him for making this mouth breathing faggot our recruiting coordinator:

Kirk has evolved. We've all evolved. Thinking that Kirk wouldn't was a completely rational thought.

Reaction score
Top 10 worst Ferentz hires?

1. GDGD
2. Chris White
3. Bobby Kennedy (a package deal with GDGD)
4. Eric Johnson
5. Rick Kaczenski
6. Pat Flaherty (only around first year)

Might start to get alittle controversial after that.

Floyd R

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Top 10 worst Ferentz hires?

1. GDGD
2. Chris White
3. Bobby Kennedy (a package deal with GDGD)
4. Eric Johnson
5. Rick Kaczenski
6. Pat Flaherty (only around first year)

Might start to get alittle controversial after that.
Rick should higher on that list (like #1). He was a prick as a coach (and was despised by about every player), sucked at recruiting because he was a prick, and was a wife beater to boot.
He decimated a position that is critical to any defense and especially for Norm Parker's system.

Reaction score
Rick should higher on that list (like #1). He was a prick as a coach (and was despised by about every player), sucked at recruiting because he was a prick, and was a wife beater to boot.
He decimated a position that is critical to any defense and especially for Norm Parker's system.
Sort of agree, but the 2009 and 2010 dls were excellent though. I'm tempted to put Chris White #1 because he sucked, it was a mistake not to hire an African-American coach for that position (the staff only had one from 13-15). None of hte players respected White. His recruiting sucked ... almost none panned out, and it turned out a lot of those guys were the same ones raising the race stuff last summer (Joly, Harris)

GDGD get's #1 though (even with 2015 year) because it was such a critical hire and such a miss. Then you bring in Kennedy to replace Campbell who compounds hte issue (including staff make up).

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
Kirk has been a dumbfuck a LOT during his tenure. There's no reason to apologize for it, just because he's having a good season.

I'll always remember him for making this mouth breathing faggot our recruiting coordinator:

Kirk has evolved. We've all evolved. Thinking that Kirk wouldn't was a completely rational thought.
I didn’t say I was sorry. Iowa could have and likely should have canned Kirk in 2014. They didn’t and it worked out.

I was still right.

Reaction score
I hold no ill will to anyone who harboured negative thoughts during the GDGD era- those were some recent dark days of Hawkeye football my friends.
I had moved back from Texas a few years prior to the hire; had quite a few friends that were UT fans.

I took a BEATING in a group text thread for the entire duration of his time at Iowa

Gushawk

DGAFIAP
Reaction score
Ol Thom Worsely is happy about his join date rn. The taxslayer bowl and loss to CMU in 2012 were two moments where *I had had ENOUGH!!!*
My initial I’m ready for a change! game was Michigan 2001. Prolly had 4 or 5 since.