Officially Done With Ferentz Thread

Reaction score
People probably know that I've been a stalwart Ferentz supporter. I've only believed he was done one prior time - Pitt 2008. However, I'm done with him at this point. It has a lot to do with hitching his wagon to Greg Davis, but Ferentz in general has lost his killer instinct. He does not get the ISU game and never has. It is folly to have these things coming down to the wire. At this point I don't think he's got the scheme or fortitude to try to get up several scores in any game (unless they other team lets us run all over them).

Davis' system is not working for us. I watced NDSU v. ISU and the Bizon basically run a KOK style pro style offense. What happened to putting the TEs in motion or rolling out the QB to throw? We threw it downfield one time today. I like Bullock in passing situations but those series with him running were inexcusable and destroyed our momentum.

The biggest issue is Ferentz now is basically assured of having a losing career record v. ISU. Let that sink in. This is an Iowa State team that is probably going to win three games this year while we will still win 8 or 9. And they beat us. At home.

It's time to turn the page. Sorry. Love Ferentz and many parts of his era but this is not acceptable. The fact he thinks the ISU games should be close (especially at home) are telling.

Last edited:

Slyhawk

Gus
Reaction score
People probably know that I've a stalwart Ferentz supporter. I've only believed he was done one prior time - Pitt 2008. However, I'm done with him at this point. It has a lot to do with hitching his wagon to Greg Davis, but Ferentz in general has lost his killer instinct. He does not get the ISU game and never has. It is folly to have these things coming down to the wire. At this point I don't think he's got a scheme or fortitude to try to get up several scores in any game (unless they other team lets us run all over them).

Davis' system is not working for us. I watced NDSU v. ISU and the Bizon basically run a KOK style pro style offense./ What happened to putting the TEs in motion or rolling out the QB to throw? We threw it downfield one time today. I llike Bullock in passing situations but those series with him running were inexcusable and destroyed our momentum.

The biggest issue is Ferentz now is basically assured of having a losing career record v. ISU. Let that sink in./ This is an Iowa State that is probably going to win three games this year while we will still win 8 or 9. And they beat us. At home.

It's time to turn the page. Sorry. Love Ferentz and many parts of his era but this is not acceptable. The fact he thinks the ISU games should be close (especially at home) are telling.
GTFO with that.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Jfc, YM, you destroy any credibility you might be striving for with stupid ass statements about Iowa winning 8 or 9 games this year. It'll be more like 5 or 6.

Reaction score
I believe Iowa had 75 potential recruits at today's game. I have a hard time seeing anyone of them coming away impressed with anything from this game. I've tried to tow the line with Ferentz. Fantastic person. Solid mentor for all the kids that have come and gone. But, the garbage we seen today on the field, is pretty much indefensible and it has really run it's course with me. Really at a loss for words. It's just....a bunch of shit, I guess.

MickerHawk

Drives a 22R
Reaction score
It's been 4 years I've been saying that kirk needs to go. Hope it's not another 4 years before he's gone. Don't think I want Barta to be the one to hire someone, but honestly most ANYBODY would likely do better with game management. I think a lot of coaches would love to come back to IC.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
C'mon guys... Brian's a genius! He got Bellicheks coffee for 2 years. PS how's Charlie Weis doing?

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
"Officially Done With Ferentz With Greg Davis As Offensive Coordinator Thread"

Reaction score
He isn't able to bring any quality players in anymore either...there are zero playmakers on the team

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
It's been 4 years I've been saying that kirk needs to go. Hope it's not another 4 years before he's gone. Don't think I want Barta to be the one to hire someone, but honestly most ANYBODY would likely do better with game management. I think a lot of coaches would love to come back to IC.
At some point the "I'm afraid we will do worse" argument will have to go away. But it is a persistent one, and apparently with large donors. I can think of no other reason a change hasn't been made before this.

The good news, I suppose, is that Dollar Bob isn't here to give Kirk another raise and extension as a vote of confidence.

Reaction score
He isn't able to bring any quality players in anymore either...there are zero playmakers on the team
I wholeheartedly disagree with that. It's how they're being used. If O'Keefe were running this offense, he'd be using these tight ends all day along with Willies and Smith at least. And have a hell of a lot better run game.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Let this sink in: Davis makes you want KOK

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly disagree with that. It's how they're being used. If O'Keefe were running this offense, he'd be using these tight ends all day along with Willies and Smith at least. And have a hell of a lot better run game.
I don't disagree that what is there could be used better but a better coach makes anyone better. There still isn't a highlight reel guy on this team. Either side of the ball. No big AC blocked punts, no passes across the middle for more than 20 yards like McNutt would make.

opiate of the masses

Not Executive Material
Reaction score
kf isn't getting fired and we all know it. he took us to some heights that you rly can't expect at one of the smallest schools in the B10, and one that shares a smallish state w/ another D1 program.

the orange bowl victory was a great moment. so was tate to holloway. an what was it, like 3 top 8 national finishes in 4 yrs or something like that?

but yah, iowa football is no longer fun. what a waste of an afternoon. and I'm a tavern hok. I wonder how those feel who wasted a whole day at kinnick.

it's hard as hell to watch this crap. we lost to an inferior team today.

Reaction score
kf isn't getting fired and we all know it. he took us to some heights that you rly can't expect at one of the smallest schools in the B10, and one that shares a smallish state w/ another D1 program.
I disagree. A lot of stallwart KF supporters are fed up after today. The home schedule next year is turrible. Tickets/donations are hugely expensive. It's shaping up to be a bloodbath. Iowa has a shitload of money right now and a brand new facility. I don't know if Barta has the stones but this is the to usher in a new era (before it gets worse).

PipeDaddy

Reaction score
Here is a depressing thought.

It is pretty clear that a change in head coach is highly unlikely. And yet the product of the field has suffered greatly. But the worst part is that it almost puts the fans in a bad spot. The only way KF gets a warm seat is going 6-6 this season, despite a cupcake schedule. Even then i have my doubts. So there is this paralysis that sets in knowing that nothing will ever change. It feels similar to BB with Alford.

The absolute worst thing that could happen for this program is for Iowa to go 7-5. Just enough to make Barta and the apologists scoff at wanting to make a change in coach. And just enough to make Kirk scoff at making a change in coaching style or coordinators.

Reaction score
I am so fucking sick of Iowa being hilariously bad when we have the easiest fucking schedules

opiate of the masses

Not Executive Material
Reaction score
I disagree. A lot of stallwart KF supporters are fed up after today. The home schedule next year is turrible. Tickets/donations are hugely expensive. It's shaping up to be a bloodbath. Iowa has a shitload of money right now and a brand new facility. I don't know if Barta has the stones but this is the to usher in a new era (before it gets worse).
get real dude

you know KF isn't getting fired. maybe if we get our asses handed to us by ndsu in '16 then we can start talking about the possibility.

it would cost a fortune to fire KF. and it would prolly be tom davis part II.

but there is no doubt that iowa football is torture to watch right now. almost as bad as watching lick bball teams used to be

Reaction score
Here is a depressing thought.

It is pretty clear that a change in head coach is highly unlikely. And yet the product of the field has suffered greatly. But the worst part is that it almost puts the fans in a bad spot. The only way KF gets a warm seat is going 6-6 this season, despite a cupcake schedule. Even then i have my doubts. So there is this paralysis that sets in knowing that nothing will ever change. It feels similar to BB with Alford.

The absolute worst thing that could happen for this program is for Iowa to go 7-5. Just enough to make Barta and the apologists scoff at wanting to make a change in coach. And just enough to make Kirk scoff at making a change in coaching style or coordinators.
so to want change they need to win what...4 games? Would that be shitty enough? I have no idea but 4 wins might be as good as it gets this season.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
If you want to see a team(s) with talent watch the game that's on CBS right now. Can any coach come to Iowa and be nationally competitive year in and year out? No.....but Iowa should be beating Iowa state most every year, and not struggle with the Ball State's of the world.

HoundedHawk

STILL LURKS BUT DELETED ALL OF HIS CONTENT
Reaction score

Last edited:

PipeDaddy

Reaction score
so to want change they need to win what...4 games? Would that be shitty enough? I have no idea but 4 wins might be as good as it gets this season.
I honestly don't know what it would take. The aw shucks he is a good guy (true btw) is strong in the fanbase.

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what it would take. The aw shucks he is a good guy (true btw) is strong in the fanbase.
Yea. I'm sure he is great but he needs to win. I don't think he gets canned. As much as I would like to see change. The format doesn't work and it hasn't changed.

MickerHawk

Drives a 22R
Reaction score
it would cost a fortune to fire KF. and it would prolly be tom davis part II.
No, it wouldn't. Most of the fans objected to Tom Davis getting fired, including me.

The amount who would object to Kirk getting fired wouldn't fill Kinnick's bathrooms.

Reaction score
Let this is sink in: Davis makes you want KOK
O'Keefe was fine and better than fine when he had talent. I saw a tweet a little bit ago from Bomani Jones where he said hardly any fan base likes their OC. If they're liked, they're gone for a promotion.

MickerHawk

Drives a 22R
Reaction score
Remember in years past when Doug & Crew was lauding Kirk in comparison to Bielema?

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
The talent isn't amazing, but it's not really any worse than we should really expect at Iowa. This is scheme, coaching, and decision-making.

howler

Reaction score
I Want Lou Holtzs balls over KF right now

Vepr

Ignorant Slut
Reaction score
I don't like him, but your team's coach has balls. I'd trade KF in an mmmbop.
It takes balls to give the other teams kicker another shot at a missed field goal...

Reaction score
Watching KF's post game press conference now, god damn what a fucking pompous asswipe.

And the fucking reporters continue to lob him fucking softballs. Who is their responsibility to? KF and the program? Or their readers? It's almost as if their checks are being signed by the athletic department....

howler

Reaction score
I'll be exiled, but I'd take Dantonio over Urban Meyer.

Reaction score

against weaker to decent competition (Nicholls State and Texas Tech) the Razorbacks have rushed for 495 and 438 yards the last two weeks. ole bret might have things going on down there, gonna be tough in that division though

howler

Reaction score
In 07 I predicted Dantonio would be the class of the B10, and I lamented the recruitment of JVB.

I was torn a new poopshoot.

I regret being right.

PipeDaddy

Reaction score
Dantanio is a prick and JVB can go screw himself.

Reaction score

We're using TEs but not properly. KMM should be running the routes GD has them running. They can't get separation because GD's personnel packages are fucking retarded.

MickerHawk

Drives a 22R
Reaction score
I'd take Bob Stoops. Maybe he wouldn't interview again though he interviewed the same day as Ferentz, but maybe he'd consider a change, and bring back his brothers too.

Reaction score
Watching KF's post game press conference now, god damn what a fucking pompous asswipe.

And the fucking reporters continue to lob him fucking softballs. Who is their responsibility to? KF and the program? Or their readers? It's almost as if their checks are being signed by the athletic department....
KF makes a lot of money. Probably has one of his kids float them a couple of Benjamins. Only excuse I can come up with as to why the media consistently tosses him nothing but pansy questions.

Reaction score
We are all in agreement that Greg Davis isn't the problem, right?

Glen

Administrator
Reaction score
It's an unwatchable product. KF is a stubborn dumbfuck. He needs to go.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
100% agree withy this.