*Omnibus 2020-2021 College Basketball Thread*

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
A lot of time left, but Michigan is shooting poorly today in East Lansing. On the ropes.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Michigan State up 8 with 8 to go and Dickinson has 4 fouls.

Reaction score
Michigan looks like they'll down to MSU if MSU doesn't choke. Does Iowa jump them in the rankings? Open the door a little bit more for a 1 seed?

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Michigan with two Ls this week.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Took off Friday in the event Iowa had to play in the afternoon. Giant Douche tourney should be pretty fucking great this year.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
adults can enjoy some beers at any tip time and don‘t need permission
True. I guess I am more happy that it's easier to host a game watch at my house due to the late tip.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Didn't need it - Hawks and their opponents already locked in - but haha Maryland. Lead the whole game, but choked hard at the end and lose at home to Penn St.

Terrapins went from playing Indiana on Thursday evening in the BTT, to having to play Michigan St on Thursday morning. If survive, get Michigan on Friday morning.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Did they release the Big 10 bracket yet?

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Greg Gard can suck my balls. He has allowed his program to embody all that is wrong with college basketball since he got the job.
Even his own beat writers had to be thinking "Is this guy fucking serious!?", with all the 'poor Brad Davison' cryfest.

"They're singling him out, and its unfair to a quality team guy to be treated that way."

Well Greg, its hard not to single a guy out when he paints the target on his own back with all his dirty shenanigans.

FUCK YOU, Greg Gard, Brad Davison and Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Even his own beat writers had to be thinking "Is this guy fucking serious!?", with all the 'poor Brad Davison' cryfest.

"They're singling him out, and its unfair to a quality team guy to be treated that way."

Well Greg, its hard not to single a guy out when he paints the target on his own back with all his dirty shenanigans.

FUCK YOU, Greg Gard, Brad Davison and Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!
One would think, but from my brief venture into the Twitter world this afternoon and this evening they 100% have Gard's back, and think the game was stolen from Wisconsin. It is unbelievable after watching the game today, yet here we are.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
If Michigan loses in the BTT and Iowa wins it, you can argue that Iowa finished much stronger than Michigan.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
If Michigan loses in the BTT and Iowa wins it, you can argue that Iowa finished much stronger than Michigan.
It's funny, the narrative the entire Illinois/Ohio State game from the announcers and Linardi was that it was basically a game that would lock Illinois into the #1 seed if they won, and if Ohio State won it would nearly lock them in.

Iowa wasn't mentioned once. They were and are flying completely under the radar.

I think that changes if/when Iowa makes a run. It won't start until they beat Wisconsin or Penn State, but I think the second it does and Saturday afternoon rolls around and the story lines start for the game start to be written on the lead in game, at that point I think the conversation does flip to Iowa vs. Illinois could be the battle for the #1 seed. Iowa will be fully on the radar at that point if they win.

thrawn

Reaction score
Greg Lansing senseless as Indiana State head coach

thrawn

Reaction score
They haven’t won the Valley in ten years, even as winnable as it is. It was time.
Pretty small budget by MVC standards though. They were usually decent if forgettable. I get moving on, but I don’t see how they do much better without more investment.

thrawn

Reaction score
I was surprised he is only 53, not because he looks that old but because he’s been around as a local name for a while. He was only in his 20s when he was at TRHS.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
UNGC guy stole the ball with 12 seconds left up 8, went in for the exclamation point dunk but bricked it off the back iron and it ended up hitting the shot clock.

His bench was disappointed.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Kind of odd watching these smaller conference tournaments and heard a commentator mention, “he’s a senior at least for now. Some bigger programs are likely to come calling to have him play there next year with another season of eligibility.”

UNCG has a senior that is a two time conference player of the year. He will likely be playing elsewhere next year and there will probably be a ton of that from these mid majors.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Public Service Announcement/Reminder: Round 1 of the tournament does NOT start on Thursday of next week.

The Rounds of 64 and 32 are Friday - Monday. Dumb.
Reminds me of the first year they called the Play in Games Round 1. I took PTO. Boy was my face red...

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Public Service Announcement/Reminder: Round 1 of the tournament does NOT start on Thursday of next week.

The Rounds of 64 and 32 are Friday - Monday. Dumb.
Why on Earth would they fuck with this?