*Omnibus 2020-2021 College Basketball Thread*

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I saw that Marcus Carr was withdrawing his name from the draft. He was already in the transfer portal and Kentucky was a leading suiter. Not sure if they're still interested.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
When will the first HALO sponsored athlete announcement be coming out?

thrawn

Reaction score
My favourite part of that logo is that they used both serif and san serif fonts. Schools will develop custom fonts for all branding and valpo couldn’t even pick just one from MS Paint.

thrawn

Reaction score
I'm assuming they will be adding another member to make it 12. Any guesses as to who?
Murray has been a popular choice but apparently football in the MVFC would be bad. There was earlier talk of UT-Arlington but per the link it has fallen off.

It’s a pain for scheduling with byes, but I could see them staying at 11 and going to 20 conference games because scheduling has been getting tougher.

thrawn

Reaction score
Unless SLU or Dayton wants in just wait for St. Thomas.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Nobody is pretending that large boosters won’t pay players to go to their school. We’re saying this is basically happening now at a disadvantage to schools that play be the rules. We are also saying it’s not sustainable to continue to deny your athletes their name, image and likeness.

I think the idea that this fundamentally changes where the top athletes are going to school is unfounded. As I said before, I could be way wrong. But what benefit to Nike is steering kids to Oregon? What Oregon athlete has ever made Nike money? Nike is better served continuing to fund grassroots and college teams to sell merchandise.

The thing I like about college sports is watching the Iowa Hawkeyes. I pay more attention when they are good. That doesn’t change because J Bo makes money on his podcast or twitch stream. Or Tyler Goodson does commercials for Big Grove. Or Catlin Clark runs a basketball camp in central Iowa all summer.
Is this guy a fucking retard or what?

demmert4

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Is this guy a fucking retard or what?
You got me Frodo. NIL has fundamentally changed everything to the point Georgia, Alabama, A&M, Ohio State and Texas have the top five football recruiting classes. And Duke and Kentucky have the most five star basketball prospects. You’ve really shown everyone how stupid I am.

For context, your post I was replying to talked about Nike paying athletes to go to Oregon. To date, Nike has one NIL deal. A women’s soccer player at UCLA. Take your victory lap!

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Hey you said it, I didn't. It fundamentally changed where one of the top prospects went to school.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Plus it was just a question. People can answer any way they'd like.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
Wisconsin is losing 37-28 to Nicholls St at halftime without Johnny Davis (sick)

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Chucky Hepburn sounds like the name of a retarded person