**Purdue vs. Iowa Basketball Thread - 12/22/20 - 8:00pm - BTN**

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Second half officiating was fucking terrible on both sides. That crew fucking sucked balls.
When Keegan draw a foul after blatantly committing pass interference, that was pretty good. Neither team sniffed the bonus in the second half and that was a joke.

I would like more JoeT and less Pat. Unfortunately I don’t think he’s ready.

The defense and rebounding were much improved and lasted all game. Wieskamp was great in both areas. His help defense was key to limiting points in the paint.

One thing that is disappointing about these games in the pandemic is that I miss Fran getting into a fight in the handshake line. He’s long overdue.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
I get that, but we need to be more dimensional than just chucking 3's.
Not to be “blame it on the refs” guy, but Purdue’s defenders put a hand or a forearm into the dribbler’s chest every time an Iowa player put the ball on the floor. I fucking hate teams like Purdue (and the officials who enable it) so much.

Reaction score
Hot takes all around on Nunge. Glad we can all forget how good he was in the previous 2 games
Also, he was 2-4 from 3 in his first game and 1-2 in his 3rd game against ISU. 0-5 UNC, 0-4 tonight with two other 0-2's. His misses tonight were all short or way off so it looked really bad. He's had several in and out earlier. He'll be fine.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
46% but you’re not going to tell a guard to not take open 3s if they’re there.
Nunge was pretty open as well, and we know he can make that shot. They're just not falling (right now).

[same for CMac]

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Not to be “blame it on the refs” guy, but Purdue’s defenders put a hand or a forearm into the dribbler’s chest every time an Iowa player put the ball on the floor. I fucking hate teams like Purdue (and the officials who enable it) so much.
Not looking forward to the games @ Rutgers and MSU, from that aspect - not to mention all the reaching, grabbing and holding that they call "great defense".

Reaction score
The nice thing about tonight defensively beyond the overall results is that Painter has been able to carve us up pretty consistently in recent years and either get open 3's or dunks. And outrebounded an elite rebounding team.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
You've been rooting for Iowa, haven't you?

It's ok, I know you boyz are hard to watch nowadays.
I like good basketball. I dislike grabby defense. I was absolutely rooting for Iowa tonight. I also like the fact that Iowa has never won their conference in my lifetime, and hope that streak continues.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I like good basketball. I dislike grabby defense. I was absolutely rooting for Iowa tonight. I also like the fact that Iowa has never won their conference in my lifetime, and hope that streak continues.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
"Iowa had nothing to do with our loss tonight, we just didn't play well [/shortly simplified]" - Matt Painter

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I completely understand that feeling. I get a lot of joy from Iowa State’s streaks without a conference football championship or first round draft pick.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I'll never forget your face when you found out.
Im gay as fuck but never pierced anything.

Dick piercings were super common in the army. I knew a super little dude who allegedly had 7 piercings in his dick. No way he had a hammer.

He also had to sit down to pee.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Again, 25-69 (36.2%) last year in 20 Big Ten games. 34% on the year. He'll make enough and has to shoot them when they leave him wide open on a double down.
His shot looks worse this year. If they go in, who cares. I just don’t think he’s going in the right direction.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Wieskamp being good again is pretty big. If you would have asked most of us before the season to rate the players on our team best to worst, most would have had him 4th because he was fucking dogshit the final 6 games of the year.

He gets a lot of easy buckets close in. Shooting 47% from 3 as well.

Final 6 games last year he was 13-46 (28%), 3-21 from 3 (14%).

Matt Rodgers was Iowa's QB in 1990 and 1991.

Reaction score
Example of how +/- can be totally misleading, especially in a single game. Keegan was -6 tonight, 8 points worse than anyone else. Flip side, Nunge was 2nd best at +13 then bohannon +12. CJ was +25.