**Purdue vs. Iowa Basketball Thread - 12/22/20 - 8:00pm - BTN**

Reaction score
I was watching CJ off the ball and it just looked like he was either hobbling or tired. I’m going to guess tired so that no one throws anything at me.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Weiskamp does seem to get a good portion of easy buckets down low, but if that were easy everyone would do it. He makes those situations happen.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Nunge can’t hit shit but at least his shot looks good.

I just assume Connor is going to miss every shot he takes just on how ugly it looks

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I was watching CJ off the ball and it just looked like he was either hobbling or tired. I’m going to guess tired so that no one throws anything at me.
It would be nice if he could get in the flow off the ball. Spends too much time standing in the corner just chillin.

Reaction score
I like good basketball. I dislike grabby defense. I was absolutely rooting for Iowa tonight. I also like the fact that Iowa has never won their conference in my lifetime, and hope that streak continues.
Much as I enjoy ISU never winning their conference in football in my lifetime, my mothers lifetime and my grandmothers lifetime and I also hope it continues.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The giant CZs from Claire’s were my go to.
My first weekend that I came back home during my freshman year I had pierced my ear at Claire’s. My dad said, “that’s real cute. If that thing isn’t out by tomorrow, you are cut off”. So, my ear was pierced for a grand total of 3-4 days.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
My first weekend that I came back home during my freshman year I had pierced my ear at Claire’s. My dad said, “that’s real cute. If that thing isn’t out by tomorrow, you are cut off”. So, my ear was pierced for a grand total of 3-4 days.
I bet you are thankful for his help.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
My first weekend that I came back home during my freshman year I had a pierced ear. My dad said, “that’s real cute. If that thing isn’t out by tomorrow, you are cut off”. So, my ear was pierced for a grand total of 3-4 days.
My dad never gave me anything so couldn't 'cut me off' but when I came home for Thanksgiving with hoops in my ears he looked at grandma and said "Finally got the daughter I always wanted."

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
My dad never gave me anything so couldn't 'cut me off' but when I came home for Thanksgiving with hoops in my ears he looked at grandma and said "Finally got the daughter I always wanted."
Did he keep yelling that at you while he hit you in the back of the head with a basketball all the way up the stairs while you went to your room?

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Did he keep yelling that at you while he hit you in the back of the head with a basketball all the way up the stairs while you went to your room?
Room? My room at his house was gutted and had a pool table in it before I unpacked in my dorm.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
So Clone fans don’t count conference tournament champs anymore?🤣
Don't need to when I saw regular season champions with my own eyes.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Teams don't leave connor open because he is a bad shooter necessarily, its just that Iowa is a juggernaut offensively right now and its pick your poison. Murray was great in his limited minutes this game. Garza is the GOAT -- I can't believe he is still not on any NBA radar.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Much as I enjoy ISU never winning their conference in football in my lifetime, my mothers lifetime and my grandmothers lifetime and I also hope it continues.
Only two of my great-grandparents were even born the last time Iowa State won a football conference championship.

Iowa basketball is good.

That's all I've got.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Teams don't leave connor open because he is a bad shooter necessarily, its just that Iowa is a juggernaut offensively right now and its pick your poison. Murray was great in his limited minutes this game. Garza is the GOAT -- I can't believe he is still not on any NBA radar.
If they don’t, they should

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Worst offense of the year, won because of defense refocused by loss.
Undefeated natty would be nice BUT.....

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I feel like people still don’t understand pace / # of possessions

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Just say you can’t explain it.
Really?

it’s pretty simple. More possession = more points. The best metric would be points per possession.

A team that plays slow and keeps scores in the 60s but gives up over 1.0 (approx) points per possession doesn’t play defense as well as a team that plays fast, has scores in the high 70’s/80’s but has a PPP defense efficiency in the .9’s.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Really?

it’s pretty simple. More possession = more points. The best metric would be points per possession.

A team that plays slow and keeps scores in the 60s but gives up over 1.0 (approx) points per possession doesn’t play defense as well as a team that plays fast, has scores in the high 70’s/80’s but has a PPP defense efficiency in the .9’s.
That doesn’t seem right. I’m going to go on thinking you don’t know what you’re talking about.