Royce White

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Y'all think he goes pro or not?

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
I don't think he does but as discussed in the NCAA Tourney thread, he really doesn't have much to gain draft position wise by staying another year.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
I don't think he does but as discussed in the NCAA Tourney thread, he really doesn't have much to gain draft position wise by staying another year.
I disagree. If he stays, White is a potential POY in the Big XII and a first-team All-American next season. That would most certainly translate to a better draft position and a lot more money.

As of the start of the tournament he was considered by a lot of projections to be borderline as even a second round pick for the 2013 draft, forget 2012.

White was an unknown for most of the season, and it wasn't until later in the year that he became better known nationally. If the Clones had made a deeper run in the tournament, I could see the draft talk heating up.

Right now I still think he's a year away. I think he's in a similar position to where Marcus Fizer was after the end of his sophomore year, although White had a better supporting cast this year and better visibility with the appearance in the tournament.

Hoiberg will be able to be straight with him on where he's going to land though.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
nbadraft.net currently has white as an early 2nd rounder in 2013

i do not think winning the big 12 player of the year award will help his draft position in any way. we already know he is a good college player. winning that award will not take care of his issues at the next level.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
i do not think winning the big 12 player of the year award will help his draft position in any way. we already know he is a good college player. winning that award will not take care of his issues at the next level.
No shit. LOL

ISUFan98

Reaction score
I love how the narrative of the Hawk fans has gone from White not being that good, and would be a off-the-court disaster for Hoiberg to it being a no-brainer that he has to leave Iowa State now.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Name one person on this board who said Royce White wasn't talented.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I love how the narrative of the Hawk fans has gone from White not being that good, and would be a off-the-court disaster for Hoiberg to it being a no-brainer that he has to leave Iowa State now.
I don't think many doubted Royce as a good player, it was Allen and that Booker kid that Iowa fans claimed suck.

Royce was an off-the-court risk, apparently he has stayed out of trouble.

Also, saying a Big 12 POY award won't help him is not the same thing as claiming it is a no-brainer for him to leave.

Reaction score
I think he stays but the who the fuck cares? Take this shit over to Cyclone Fanatic.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Also, saying a Big 12 POY award won't help him is not the same thing as claiming it is a no-brainer for him to leave.
Right. If he improves his draft position it will be because he improves his game. NBA teams don't care if he wins the conference player of the year.

ISUFan98

Reaction score
Right. If he improves his draft position it will be because he improves his game. NBA teams don't care if he wins the conference player of the year.
I like how you glossed over the All-American thing as well.

If he wins those sort of awards, it will be because he has improved his game.

Reaction score

not necessarily.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

This is what you said

I disagree. If he stays, White is a potential POY in the Big XII and a first-team All-American next season. That would most certainly translate to a better draft position and a lot more money.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

Um...the discussion is about if he can improve his game. Your entire post was about how no one knew about him before the tournament.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
He gone. You have to remember the absolute fucking retards in his "camp" he'll have advising him (excluding Hoiberg of course). It ain't exactly a brain trust.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
it was reported in the DMR the other day he has a real fear of flying. dont think the nba is conducive to driving from game to game..

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
it was reported in the DMR the other day he has a real fear of flying. dont think the nba is conducive to driving from game to game..
That isn't going to change with an assistant coach driving his ass around the Big 12.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Too bad they're not playing in the Maui Invitational next year. Also, didn't they go on a foreign tour last fall?

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
lilzaphod said:
Anxiety disorder or not, this belongs on a different board...
Was waiting for you to make this post :)

Reaction score
White's game is more suited to the NBA than the collegiate game

He's 6-8 270lbs and moves like a #2 or #3

He's going to play in the NBA for a long time if he takes care of his anxiety issues..I'm sure this is not a new issue within the NBA. He'll get plenty of help

IMO he should be a 1st round pick

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
RecreationalGynecologist said:

He's going to play in the NBA for a long time if he takes care of his anxiety issues..I'm sure this is not a new issue within the NBA. He'll get plenty of help

Notsureifserious.jpg

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

This is your first good post in a long time.

Reaction score
Minnesota fans have to be beside themselves right now.

Trevor Mbakwe, Royce White, Devoe Joseph, Colton Iverson..thats a hell of a lineup...Sampson III would be sitting on the bench.

Tubby has brought in some great players...keeping them is another issue

Wish we had a guy like Rodney Williams..he was impressive the other night

Last edited:

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score

I concur.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score

I completely agree.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Iowa State fan cousin on FB:

One more year Royce! We can get a big 12 championship, a NCAA title, and you'll be a top 5 pick in the draft. one more year!!

Reaction score
That was absolutely awful help defense by Iowa, twice. They took a half of a step combined to help on those drives.

That said, Iowa State students are weird.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Williams had 24 points tonight

He had 21 points the other night against Miami

Zach McCabe has 273 points on the season and will maybe get a chance to play in Turkey or Australia

Rodney Williams is Minnesota's leading scorer and has 435 points on the season and will play in the NBA.

Not sure why you're comparing the two or even trying to

Reaction score
Williams had 24 points tonight

He had 21 points the other night against Miami

Zach McCabe has 273 points on the season and will maybe get a chance to play in Turkey or Australia

Rodney Williams is Minnesota's leading scorer and has 435 points on the season and will play in the NBA.

Not sure why you're comparing the two or even trying to
probably because you brought up an NIT scoring accomplishment.

Reaction score
He’s intelligent — not only regarding a disorder that essentially has kept him out of the league after being the Houston Rockets' 2012 first-round draft choice, but he’s also brilliant about most everything.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
He’s intelligent — not only regarding a disorder that essentially has kept him out of the league after being the Houston Rockets' 2012 first-round draft choice, but he’s also brilliant about most everything.
Fuck off Randy.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
The NBA should make Randy its top mental disability advocate.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Royce White doing "most everything".

Royce White flying on a plane.