Rutgers @ Iowa Basketball Thread ~ 2/10/21 ~ 6:30pm ~ BTN

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Tilde Swinton out here starting the game threads now!

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score

although I don’t believe you to be one of these 5’6 145 haloites so perhaps I’ll be the one catching the walloping.
I’ve got the fucking Fran Fade Frigid February blues, Leebert. I don’t know if that makes me more or less dangerous. If we fight let’s do it indoors.

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
Iowa by 10.
StanCo, you're boring piece of shit but maybe that's what we need now in the game threads.

Reaction score
Why don't you start the threads. You're wasting your office just sitting there

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
When I saw the description of Bohannons newest podcast and that him and Patrick were going to talk about officiating I decided to listen.

Assuming it’s the same official. They don’t think that guy should ever call another Iowa game.

L. Wade Childress

Has no idea what you are asking
Reaction score
When I saw the description of Bohannons newest podcast and that him and Patrick were going to talk about officiating I decided to listen.

Assuming it’s the same official. They don’t think that guy should ever call another Iowa game.
Normally I would not support bitching about refs because it comes off whiny, but I am glad they specifically called out Borowski for his bullshit. He is undoubtedly on the take and clearly has it in for Fran.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Was Borowski the one they are referring to and the one who T'd Fran? I assume it was because I actually know his name.

BngHawk

Florida Man
Reaction score
The ~ usage in the title is something

Reaction score
Can someone quote what the players said about borowski? Not listening to Bohannons pod to find out

L. Wade Childress

Has no idea what you are asking
Reaction score
Can someone quote what the players said about borowski? Not listening to Bohannons pod to find out
He didn’t say names but Connors comments were pretty fucking good. He probably crossed a line or two, maybe three, but he was speaking candidly. He didn’t come off as making excuses.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Gonna need some guts to beat Rutgers, while our confidence is shaky. They are about the last team I'd like to play tonight, honestly.

JamesMouton

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
He didn’t say names but Connors comments were pretty fucking good. He probably crossed a line or two, maybe three, but he was speaking candidly. He didn’t come off as making excuses.

I think he is talking about Paul Szelc here and not Boroski. Szelc made the block call on Connor and also refed our game at Illinois.

Boroski was under the basket, had a better view of the contact and did not make the call. Szelc called it behind the play from damn near half court.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I think he is talking about Paul Szelc here and not Boroski. Szelc made the block call on Connor and also refed our game at Illinois.

Boroski was under the basket, had a better view of the contact and did not make the call. Szelc called it behind the play from damn near half court.
I DMOFR, and determined that Paul Szelc was on the crew that worked the OSU game in 2019 when Fran accosted! Steve McJunkins in the hallway afterwards.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Some teams can rally around "everyone is against us - let's show them they're wrong!" But I have yet to see a Fran-coached team do that. They have seemed to slink away and pout.

This shit makes me really leery about the rest of this year.

JamesMouton

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I DMOFR, and determined that Paul Szelc was on the crew that worked the OSU game in 2019 when Fran accosted! Steve McJunkins in the hallway afterwards.
Iowa's record in Douche games officiated by Paul Szelc since the Cheatin' MFers game in 2019: 2-6
Iowa's record in Douche games officiated by McJunkins in that same time: 3-0 (for comparison sake)

It's not a Fran Fade, gentlemen....it's a Szelc Slip!

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
I like Iowa's chances tonight even though Rutgers loves to play slappy D