**Rutgers vs. Iowa Basketball - 1/22/20 - 8pm - BTN**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa is #15 in KenPom. #3 Offense and #79 Defense.

Rutgers is #28 in KenPom. #113 Offense and #8 Defense.

Sort of a match of opposites. Home court usually is an advantage for good offensive teams and a disadvantage for road defensive teams.

Ron Harper Jr. killed Iowa last year. He looks even more like a lesbian than Pemsl. Maybe they will meet up at halfcourt and scissor for the halftime show.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Will be a tough game but I like the sound of beating fuckin Rutgers to get to 5-3 in conference

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
They are athletic, but short and not very good at shooting from out.

Make em shoot, feed the post, win by 20.

douglasbader

Reaction score
IowaFan better fucking show up at Carver Hawkeye the rest of the year. There is zero reason for every game to not be a sellout unless there is bad weather.

Reactions: BBK

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
If you want to know when the next storm is coming just check and see when the next home game is

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I watched Rutgers against Minnesota today and as said their guards can cause problems but Garza should have another big game. It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to play a lot of zone and force them to shoot to win. Mixing in the 3/4 court pressure should help too and if Weiskamp and CJ are aggressive I like our chances.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I watched Rutgers against Minnesota today and as said their guards can cause problems but Garza should have another big game. It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to play a lot of zone and force them to shoot to win. Mixing in the 3/4 court pressure should help too and if Weiskamp and CJ are aggressive I like our chances.
I would have probably said Teske had the best chance to slow down Garza at the start of conference play. I just don't see anyone that can slow him down at this point.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
At Maryland and at Michigan State are the only games I'm worried about the rest of the year.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
At Maryland and at Michigan State are the only games I'm worried about the rest of the year.
All the away games will be tough. They really just need to get a split out of the 4 games @Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, and Illinois.

douglasbader

Reaction score
All the away games will be tough. They really just need to get a split out of the 4 games @Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, and Illinois.
13 games left. 7 home and 6 road.

8 wins more likely gets Iowa a #2 or #3 seed in the BTT and a good seed in the NCAA Tournament.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
I’ve seen this movie too many times. I’m hopeful they continue to play well and win, as the team seems to be full of non pussies, but Fran teams have a knack for cracking towards the end of the season.

I’m cautiously optimistic.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
My only concern is I thought Joe T would have cut down on the some of the dumb decisions by now.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Am I stupid to think bohannon might be best for Iowa off the bench next year?

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
bohannon is one of the best shooters in the country and will leave Iowa as one of the better players in the last 20 years. You start that guy

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Not necessarily bench minutes, but better served not tripling up what they already have on the floor and give them something they wouldnt have in the second unit.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Not necessarily bench minutes, but better served not tripling up what they already have on the floor and give them something they wouldnt have in the second unit.
As long as Fran doesn’t go 12 deep, it shouldn’t matter. There should always be shooters on the floor.

Iowa is absolutely unguardable with a healthy bohannon. Garza down low and three of the best shooters in the country around him. Good fucking luck with that.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Refs won’t let Rutgers play Izzo thugball on the road. Iowa is going to shoot 30+ free throws and win easily.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
I would have probably said Teske had the best chance to slow down Garza at the start of conference play. I just don't see anyone that can slow him down at this point.
Only three men can slow down Luka:

Fran, Frank, and Luka.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Must be tough to recruit basketball players in the New York City metropolitan area

Bob

Reaction score
It should be made fun of, that's embarrassing.
Rutgers is good this year but still probably isn't going to jump off the page to most fans and it's a midweek game when the weather is supposed to be shitty again, which is going to discourage anyone who had to drive from very far out. They're getting really shitty luck with the weather this year, but not much they can do about that.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Rutgers is good this year but still probably isn't going to jump off the page to most fans and it's a midweek game when the weather is supposed to be shitty again, which is going to discourage anyone who had to drive from very far out. They're getting really shitty luck with the weather this year, but not much they can do about that.
It would be much easier saying that Iowa fans would rather watch the game on TV. It's an understandable explanation. It has snowed during basketball season in Iowa forever.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
8:00 start is a big time discouraging factor.