**SAVE DOLPH** *Pitt vs. Iowa - 11/27/18 - 8:00 pm - ESPNU**

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
If I’ve learned anything from all this, it’s that I would like to sit down with Dolph and get hammered and talk Iowa sports.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Why are so many people listening to Dolph anyway? These games are televised. I could give a fuck who our pbp guy is

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm sick and fucking tired of all these elitists bragging about having a TV set.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Why are so many people listening to Dolph anyway? These games are televised. I could give a fuck who our pbp guy is
That's part of the point. If Barta and Fran would have left this alone hardly anyone would have even known about it. No one would even be talking about it right now. Fran saying Dolph "attacked" Maishe is hilarious. Fran can slam chairs, kick scoreboards, slap clipboards out of manager's hands, but Dolph just went too far lmao.

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I feel GD should go. He doesn't get along with 1/2 of our major sports coaches, and is bad at his announcing job.

Why are people defending him again, a aside from the media people who are his friends?
Considering a sizable portion of the fanbase would like to see Barta and/or Fran go, I'd say they're not the best messengers for saying someone else needs to go. And that's a real problem when you're the AD.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Because he essentially said what we've all been thinking for the last several years about Fran and his recruiting.
And it's not his job to say it. @HerkyHopeful saying it on hawkeyelounge.com and Gary Dolphin saying it on a Hawkeye Sports broadcast, while sitting courtside, at work, are not the same thing.
I didn't say it's his job. You asked why some defend him, I gave the reason why.

This entire situation is a cluster. No one wins. Some people hate Dolph for saying what he did (and overall job performance) and love Fran for sticking up for his guys. Some hate Fran for always having a stick up his ass and overreacting with Gary but love Dolph for his personality and role of Iowa athletics for over 20 years. Some love both. Some hate both. Everyone hates Barta for being a neanderthal who has once again mismanaged a situation. But the argument for who is right and who is wrong in this situation has no definitive end. And it's sad because it takes away from what the team has done so far

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Shawnee doesn’t give a shit about this thing other than to say I lol at anyone supporting a pbp guy over a coach. Even if that coach is average, which Fran is.

Exception would have been the guy @AZmess defended until the bitter end.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Seriously, quit being a fucktard. There are plenty of people who listen to sporting events on the radio for a variety of reasons.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If I’ve learned anything from all this, it’s that I would like to sit down with Dolph and get hammered and talk Iowa sports.
No doubt.

Had the pleasure of a number of coffee clatch/lunches with Bob Brooks. One day in the car on the way we had a Notre Dame ahole, and somebody says fainting Irish, and somebody else wonders something about that game, and there was this kinda eerie silence of math and contemplation before somebody says Yeah, we can just ask Bob.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
Somebody is running an ad on KCJJ with clips of Dolph's radio calls and a voiceover saying "Bring Dolph back".

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily mind all that much if it happened but if I were Fran I'd be looking to get the fuck out of Iowa City. Most Iowa fans are retards and support a dumbfuck pbp guy over the basketball program. Not to mention that the AD he works for is probably one of the top 5 worse ADs in the history of history.

I'll be shocked if Fran doesn't leave. He's a bigger retard than I think he is if he stays.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily mind all that much if it happened but if I were Fran I'd be looking to get the fuck out of Iowa City. Most Iowa fans are retards and support a dumbfuck pbp guy over the basketball program. Not to mention that the AD he works for is probably one of the top 5 worse ADs in the history of history.

I'll be shocked if Fran doesn't leave. He's a bigger retard than I think he is if he stays.
he's late 50s and hardly a hot commodity.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score

true but he wouldn't have a problem getting a lower level job out east where he really wants to be anyway.
Then the fun would really begin...watching Gary Barta try to hire another head coach.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

true but he wouldn't have a problem getting a lower level job out east where he really wants to be anyway.
Then the fun would really begin...watching Gary Barta try to hire another head coach.
yeah I'm sure he'd be fired up taking a pay cut and having his kids play at a lower level. c'mon man.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
yeah I'm sure he'd be fired up taking a pay cut and having his kids play at a lower level. c'mon man.
lets be honest, Iowa is Power 5 in association only. They're essentially a mid major in basketball. Pat could go wherever he wants & Connor could just decide to play baseball. In Pat's case, the road to a potential NBA career may actually be easier at a smaller school.

Probably won't happen but I'd bet Fran is kicking himself for not leaving about 2 years ago. Would have set his kids up just fine elsewhere.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Our radio guy said something stupid, coach and AD acted stupid, we lost one close game to a top 25 team and you guys are losing your fucking minds.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
lets be honest, Iowa is Power 5 in association only. They're essentially a mid major in basketball. Pat could go wherever he wants & Connor could just decide to play baseball. In Pat's case, the road to a potential NBA career may actually be easier at a smaller school.

Probably won't happen but I'd bet Fran is kicking himself for not leaving about 2 years ago. Would have set his kids up just fine elsewhere.
That’s not “being honest”; that’s being stupid.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Lol Shawnee you clearly are a fucking idiot.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

LOFL

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Kirk is a Dolphin supporter all the way, apparently

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
It's been a pleasure of mine a handful of times 2003-2007. I use to go to a lot of away games with a mutual friend so we always stayed at the same hotel and hung out with he and podolak about every time. The shit that I have heard his great voice say to me will be always be heard in my head. And shots with Eddie.... So many shots.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
It's been a pleasure of mine a handful of times 2003-2007. I use to go to a lot of away games with a mutual friend so we always stayed at the same hotel and hung out with he and podolak about every time. The shit that I have heard his great voice say to me will be always be heard in my head. And shots with Eddie.... So many shots.
Did you and Dolph run the Eiffel Tower on that hot chick in Arizona?