**SAVE DOLPH** *Pitt vs. Iowa - 11/27/18 - 8:00 pm - ESPNU**

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Hassel would be a great replacement for Dolphin, although some of his past productions may have rubbed some Iowa officials the wrong way.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Hassel would be a great replacement for Dolphin, although some of his past productions may have rubbed some Iowa officials the wrong way.
I think it'd be a good hire but I don't know if Iowa would hire him. He's not buttoned-up enough for their liking

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Hassel would become a company man in about .37 seconds should the job become a real possibility.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Thought he tweeted Barta is not a fan of him

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Dolph can't offer some constructive criticism but Barta can run around with that bear trap of a mouth and no one says shit.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I could see Hassell, but I’d think a boring, homespun Albright type is more likely.

I’m not sure it pays enough to be a full time gig, but it takes too much time to have another real job. That makes it a tough thing to put together, unless a TV station in CR or DSM can put something together for Hassell.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Do people think Hassel would want the job?

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
What's dolphs salary, you think?

What do we think Hassel gets currently?

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Dolph has to make a decent salary, he does a lot of promotional work for Iowa. Hassel might have done ok financially when ESPN cut ties.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I have no idea what a gig like that would pay. $50k? $100k? $3.50?

Bob

Reaction score
Do people think Hassel would want the job?
I think he's said he does in the past and he's currently calling, like, Pat League games on Facebook and doing that boring sportscenter ripoff for the CBS sports app, so it's not like he'd really be going backwards.

He'd be good at it but I agree they probably wouldn't actually hire him. A lot of the trolling stuff he's done would probably horrify a lot of the older I club folks who love Dolph, and he's been openly critical of Kirk in the past in a way that probably wouldn't fly

Last edited:

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score
It's 2018, no one except geriatric hillbillies listen to games on radio. Just air the arena PA announcer and spend the extra money on recruits.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Dolph can't offer some constructive criticism but Barta can run around with that bear trap of a mouth and no one says shit.
Just a fucking second here, constructive criticism?

That disgusting put down of our student-athlete was anything but constructive. Stick up for him for other reasons, hate Barta and/or Fran all you want, but the babbling play by play man erred.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score

That disgusting put down of our student-athlete was anything but constructive. Stick up for him for other reasons, hate Barta and/or Fran all you want, but the babbling play by play man erred.
Well, at least you're not being dramatic.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

:icon_neutral:

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

I was in the meh hot mic camp until listening to the comment, but hearing the derision and disgust in his voice talking about a kid playing for the Hawks was disgusting to me. Just imagine if you are Maishe, or Maishe's teammate, or a recruit-guessing it was a pretty dramatic moment when they heard it.

ivan_drago

Reaction score

I was in the meh hot mic camp until listening to the comment, but hearing the derision and disgust in his voice talking about a kid playing for the Hawks was disgusting to me. Just imagine if you are Maishe, or Maishe's teammate, or a recruit-guessing it was a pretty dramatic moment when they heard it.
Oh, you're going to dig in here?

Mashie is an adult. He's a limited minute player who gets a full scholarship to a Big 10 school. He's going to be fine if someone says he sucks.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Oh, you're going to dig in here?

Mashie is an adult. He's a limited minute player who gets a full scholarship to a Big 10 school. He's going to be fine if someone says he sucks.
No kidding. What a snowflake

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Jesus Christ guys, you think it is OK for the voice of the team to talk shit like that? This is a guy with a supposedly close relationship to the team.

It is not about being a snowflake, it is about common courtesy and respect.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
Jesus Christ guys, you think it is OK for the voice of the team to talk shit like that? This is a guy with a supposedly close relationship to the team.

You're going to shit yourself, but I bet Dolph didn't think Jake Christensen was a good QB either.

The horror!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

You're going to shit yourself, but I bet Dolph didn't think Jake Christensen was a good QB either.

The horror!
Link to audio?

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
JFC Ivan, you really don't see a difference between performance evaluation and that audio?

Dig in snowflake.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
If I'm the one saying you're overreacting, you probably need to take a step back.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I'm gonna draw a distinction here between agreeing that it was a bad thing for a school play by play guy to get caught saying and clutching my pearls and wailing about how disgusting it was.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Hey Maishe, want to sit here on the plane? Care to come on the postgame show? It's horrible our pathetic recruiting stuck us with you, but do you want an appetizer while we wait for the bus?

newsbreaker

Reaction score
That poor child. He might have to sit on a plane with someone who thinks he’s a bad basketball player.

Can you even imagine? I hope he doesn’t sue.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score

LOL

whoooosh

newsbreaker

Reaction score
What if the child and Dolph are in traffic together? Same gas station? How close is to close to someone who has harmed you so terribly?

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Fuck, you guys are being stupid. Move on. Dolph screwed up and it is understandable and acceptable for Fran and his team to be upset about it. That’s the bottom line and end of story

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
These athletes hear far worse from their own coaches/students/social media/ on a regular basis.

Shoot did you participate in high school athletics? A lot of shitty comments openly shared at that level too.

It wasn't ideal but the kid is a division 1 athlete. He's fine.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I thought we were friends. This means war.