**SIUE vs. Iowa - 11/8/19 - 8pm - BTN**

Reaction score

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I liked what I saw, briefly, out of toussaint. My other main takeaway is how fucking skinny young McCaffrey is. That and his poor shooting form don't make me too optimistic for his future.
I wish I could think of a skinny, white kid, with a funny shot, who turned out to be a decent player in the I am a giant douche.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/john-shurna-1.html
Bowed. I don’t give a fuck what the situation is, if you’re using John fucking Shurna to make a point, you’re getting bowed.

Reaction score
People are being overly harsh, but it was concerning that Nunge managed a single rebound.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I liked what I saw, briefly, out of toussaint. My other main takeaway is how fucking skinny young McCaffrey is. That and his poor shooting form don't make me too optimistic for his future.
I wish I could think of a skinny, white kid, with a funny shot, who turned out to be a decent player in the I am a giant douche.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/john-shurna-1.html
Bowed. I don’t give a fuck what the situation is, if you’re using John fucking Shurna to make a point, you’re getting bowed.
John Shurna made a lot of points.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score

StinkyMcFadden

Has Seen a Decent Number of Mexican Penises
Reaction score
People are being overly harsh, but it was concerning that Nunge managed a single rebound.
Nunge is always going to wooden, but incredibly soft.

I feel like someone has to tie his shoes for him.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Shurna had a lot of white points in his face.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I still think Nunge is going to be really good. His programmer just needs to add a bit of flexibility during his next upgrade.

Reaction score
That team sucked but I really didn't think anyone outside of Garza played all that great and still won by 27. Interested to see what the rotations and minutes look like against tougher competition. The line change of Kriener, Evelyn, Bohannon, JoeT, and Pat is an interesting choice.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
What's Pemsl weighing?

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s going to happen again this year, but the “line change” is going to annoy the fuck out of me. Please baby Jesus don’t let Fran sub in 5 new guys to fuck everything up for a few minutes at a time.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s going to happen again this year, but the “line change” is going to annoy the fuck out of me. Please baby Jesus don’t let Fran sub in 5 new guys to fuck everything up for a few minutes at a time.
Bow away Douglas, you’re okay with this philosophy?

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
[Overreaction to the first game of the season]

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Toussaint will be starting by January.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Rebounding could be an issue when Garza isn’t on the court.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
Well it's good to know the Carver experience is as bad as ever. Let's start with the announcer. He gives the ridiculous over the top shouts after a hawkeye bucket "3 pointer by JOE WIESKAMP, assist by MCCAFFERY!!!" which is fine and pretty normal for most arenas, but then every time the other team scores he literally sounds like most of you faggots in the dead pet thread when your family iguana has to be put down. His voice had disgust in it with every opposing basket. It was borderline embarrassing. Then of course we have Barbie out there now at nearly every single fucking timeout in her tight jeans (bovert approved) yapping about black and gold this and that and blah blah blah. Just play some 90s party favorites over the speakers and shut that dumb whore up!! But without a doubt the dumbest and worst new thing is every time a hawkeye goes to the free throw line , as he gets the ball for his first shot they play "Everybody's hands go up!!" from that 'All I Do is Win Win Win" song by DJ Khaled and then about 100 fans would put their arms/hands up and then as our guy gets the ball for his 2nd free throw they blast "And they stay there!!" from the same song and then about 50 people put their hands/arms up. They did it for EVERY fucking hawkeye free throw the entire game, and I assume will for the entire season. Fuckin A. Just the worst. But holy shit were those Carver Cones delish...

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Well it's good to know the Carver experience is as bad as ever. Let's start with the announcer. He gives the ridiculous over the top shouts after a hawkeye bucket "3 pointer by JOE WIESKAMP, assist by MCCAFFERY!!!" which is fine and pretty normal for most arenas, but then every time the other team scores he literally sounds like most of you faggots in the dead pet thread when your family iguana has to be put down. His voice had disgust in it with every opposing basket. It was borderline embarrassing. Then of course we have Barbie out there now at nearly every single fucking timeout in her tight jeans (bovert approved) yapping about black and gold this and that and blah blah blah. Just play some 90s party favorites over the speakers and shut that dumb whore up!! But without a doubt the dumbest and worst new thing is every time a hawkeye goes to the free throw line , as he gets the ball for his first shot they play "Everybody's hands go up!!" from that 'All I Do is Win Win Win" song by DJ Khaled and then about 100 fans would put their arms/hands up and then as our guy gets the ball for his 2nd free throw they blast "And they stay there!!" from the same song and then about 50 people put their hands/arms up. They did it for EVERY fucking hawkeye free throw the entire game, and I assume will for the entire season. Fuckin A. Just the worst. But holy shit were those Carver Cones delish...
That’s not new, but it is awful.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Pretty sure they’ve been doing the DJ Khaled thing during free throws for a couple years now (last year for sure, at least). I haven’t been to a game in Carver during that timeframe and have still noticed it- it’s kind of hard not to. Where the fuck have you been?

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
They didn't do it at the 2 games I went to last year, although they were both pre-season games

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Does Foster like ice cream? Maybe that's just enough to sway him.

Reaction score
But without a doubt the dumbest and worst new thing is every time a hawkeye goes to the free throw line , as he gets the ball for his first shot they play "Everybody's hands go up!!" from that 'All I Do is Win Win Win" song by DJ Khaled and then about 100 fans would put their arms/hands up and then as our guy gets the ball for his 2nd free throw they blast "And they stay there!!" from the same song and then about 50 people put their hands/arms up. They did it for EVERY fucking hawkeye free throw the entire game, and I assume will for the entire season. Fuckin A. Just the worst. But holy shit were those Carver Cones delish...
This started last year. Not gonna catch on.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Huh, a complaint about too much Laura V. I guess that’s something.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Those were two of my thoughts, too (minus the final takeaway) I thought Joe T looked really good and assume he’ll continue to earn more minutes even if he doesn’t start.

Patrick is really slender and I think will struggle this year in a lot of games, but he has skills and will be good. Not sure about the White comps. He didn’t seem to have the same athleticism as White, but maybe I’m not remembering White as an underclassman.

Also, Frederick looked like a smart and talented player that should be a 7th man off the bench, not a starting Big10 SG

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
The point is that nobody wants to hear a bimbo (or anyone else) out there blathering on about rah rah this and don't forget the men's water polo team has a big match coming up and let's hear it for the women's field hockey team and blah blah blah. It was tolerable when they would only go to her maybe once per half but now it's basically every other timeout the entire game, as well as before the game and at halftime. She must've yammered into the mic 10 times over the course of the evening. It's boring and almost always stupid. I'd rather they play the Harlem Shake or Gangnam Style and watch all the little kids around the arena dance (cue Chris Hansen jpeg/gif)

6deuce

6douche
Reaction score
They didn't do it at the 2 games I went to last year, although they were both pre-season games
You went to a conference game with me you stupid faggot.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
“new thing” that they have been doing for 4-5 years?

I also hate fun.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
The point is that nobody wants to hear a bimbo (or anyone else) out there blathering on about rah rah this and don't forget the men's water polo team has a big match coming up and let's hear it for the women's field hockey team and blah blah blah. It was tolerable when they would only go to her maybe once per half but now it's basically every other timeout the entire game, as well as before the game and at halftime. She must've yammered into the mic 10 times over the course of the evening. It's boring and almost always stupid. I'd rather they play the Harlem Shake or Gangnam Style and watch all the little kids around the arena dance (cue Chris Hansen jpeg/gif)
I don’t always troll, but when I do I try to sound like an awkward misogynist.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
Then it 100% happened at a game he was at last season.
There is a 0% chance they did this at any of the games I attended last season. It was one of the dumbest things I can ever recall hearing at a game and a there is a 0% chance I would not have remembered it and bitched about it on here after the game as I did this morning

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Then it 100% happened at a game he was at last season.
There is a 0% chance they did this at any of the games I attended last season. It was one of the dumbest things I can ever recall hearing at a game and a there is a 0% chance I would not have remembered it and bitched about it on here after the game as I did this morning
You apparently don't and haven't watched any home games on TV because you can hear it clearly when watching.

Last edited:

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
I'm not going to fuck you, L Wade

Reaction score
I'm also dismayed that the athletic department is using a hot chick to promote non-revenue teams.

Reaction score
I'm not going to fuck you, L Wade
Everybody says that sober

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I, for one, think we need more Laura V. She really gets the people going

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
As a feminist I find the Laura V stuff a touch awkward. She is asked to do an impossible job because she is hot. She is competent but it still sucks.