Starting 5 in 2023

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Do you actually pay attention to anything? We tried to get transfers last year, we didn't have any money. Now we do.

Fran has made videos asking for support to Swarm, and I would be shocked if we don't get at least a high profile big and probably a supporting piece as well.
Fran was a transfer hound before NIL.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
This isn’t about what you want, but rather what Fran will do.

Ulis
Perkins
Sandfort
Pat
Portal
This is probably true. I'd maybe rather see Dix at PG than Ulis, but Fran will probably go with Ulis.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I wonder if any of the Kentucky guys would like to come and learn how to play basketball.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
If Bowen takes a leap he will start over Ulis
If Bowen takes a leap he'll be able to play 10-12 minutes a game next year.

He can dribble really fast with his right hand in a straight line but he's also got the lowest b-ball IQ of any player I've ever seen Fran recruit so I'll be surprised if it happens.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
If Bowen takes a leap he'll be able to play 10-12 minutes a game next year.

He can dribble really fast with his right hand in a straight line but he's also got the lowest b-ball IQ of any player I've ever seen Fran recruit so I'll be surprised if it happens.
I don't get it. A year ago, HALO said he'd be starting by now.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Dix is way ahead of Bowen. I assume he will be ahead of Ulis by next year as well.

One or both of Mulvey and Ogundele leaving would be ideal. If Fran is looking for a transfer big, he thinks those dudes suck as well. Why keep them on the roster

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think Debit is correct. I do wonder if Pat is thinking about being done, though.

I doubt it's likely, but after his first game back, he's been kinda off. Even for him. Throw in Connor leaving, maybe the stress isn't good for him.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ogundele will try to go. No one will want him.

Mulvey has some use, so he's the more likely of the two to actually make a transfer stick.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That's not true.

But he won't want them.
Ogundele will be encouraged to go, rather.

And no one will want him. He's even less desirable as a transfer commodity than he was last year, unless you're looking for a tall chubby kid who gets hurt a lot and doesn't contribute much when he does play.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
If Patrick decides to be done, it would not surprise me if this is Frans last year.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa will be taking their overseas trip in August. I kind of have my doubts that it's an appreciable difference, but the freshmen and any potential transfers will at least get to play with returning players.

Reactions: BBK
Reaction score
Clitty has reached the Hounded/Nolook level of aggressive stupidity.
But much weirder. You never know what crusade he’ll go on next. He’s beyond pissed that Fran won’t play an 11 man rotation.

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hard (ing)
Dix
Perkins
Sandfart
Portal Big

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I love that Fran has done such a great job recruiting with the current roster that we are already inserting next year's class and the infamous PORTAL BIG (WTF) into the starting lineup.
Yet, there is a far more likely chance that Riley Mulvey is an all conference player than there is that we miss the tournament.

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I love that Fran has done such a great job recruiting with the current roster that we are already inserting next year's class and the infamous PORTAL BIG (WTF) into the starting lineup.
Truly awful recruiting to have two of your 6'8" players leave school early to be first round draft picks. Thanks for your super smart and truly constructive criticism.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
But much weirder. You never know what crusade he’ll go on next. He’s beyond pissed that Fran won’t play an 11 man rotation.
Nah, he's pretty predictable. Whatever the general HaLo consensus is, he's against it. HaLo hates Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz, so Clete loves Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz. HaLo likes Fran, so Clete hates him. Etc.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Do you actually pay attention to anything? We tried to get transfers last year, we didn't have any money. Now we do.

Fran has made videos asking for support to Swarm, and I would be shocked if we don't get at least a high profile big and probably a supporting piece as well.
The Swarm absolutely SUCKS at supporting basketball. A very small percentage of funds raised by them go to basketball….and they plan almost nothing for them.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Ogundele will try to go. No one will want him.

Mulvey has some use, so he's the more likely of the two to actually make a transfer stick.
I haven’t COMPLETELY given up on Mulvey. Between him and Big Josh…he’s the more likely of the two to put in the immense amount of work needed to earn the minutes

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don’t get why Mulvey isn’t playing more, honestly. I am sure there’s a good reason. But I bet he’s pretty good the next 3 years.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I don’t get why Mulvey isn’t playing more, honestly. I am sure there’s a good reason. But I bet he’s pretty good the next 3 years.
He was super young when he got here and then had to navigate some pretty weird health stuff. I haven’t given up hope on him yet.

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
The Swarm absolutely SUCKS at supporting basketball. A very small percentage of funds raised by them go to basketball….and they plan almost nothing for them.
Enlighten me please. I’m sure it’s not getting a full ratio compared to football, but how bad is it?

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Watching Pat fuckin light up Iowa State at the moment tells me he still has value.

But my God does he not hustle, give a fuck on defense, and he's the king of giving up on a play.

So fuckin mopey when he's not on, as well. Can this be coached out of him at this point? Can the NIL compensate Connor for beating the shit out of him every day?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The Swarm didn't really pick up for football until the transfer portal season began. There's not a whole lot they could have done between then and now for basketball. We'll see if they can make any difference once we get to April.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
The Swarm didn't really pick up for football until the transfer portal season began. There's not a whole lot they could have done between then and now for basketball. We'll see if they can make any difference once we get to April.
Interesting. Seems like some other folks don’t have an issue planning events/fundraisers this time of year….

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I think Ulis starts over Bowen at pg next year. Hopefully Bowen sees how much Ulis has improved (yes he’s still prone to dumbfuckery) and recognizes that he can do the same with a higher ceiling because that kid could be very good someday.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
A lil double barrel Sandfart action?

Tony
Dix or Ulis
Sandfart
Sandfart
Freeman or Portal

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score