!!!THE official Iowa/NW basketball thread!!!! Saturday 3/2 4:30 tip BTN

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Get this motherfucker up early to get the team fired up!
Will Iowa continue to build their tourney resume in Evanston? Or will they shit their pants on the road and blow it big time?
Stay Tuned!!!

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Will Iowa continue to build their tourney resume in Evanston? Or will they shit their pants on the road and blow it big time?
Stay Tuned!!!
Damn right! If there's anyone who can give this team a boost with full support, it's you all!

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
You have to feel good for kids like Patrick McCaffery, who has received a lot of hate from so called Iowa "fans"

SondyRules

Reaction score
Stay Tuned!!!
TYFYS.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Ol Cletey got a ban from the football threads and is just dying to get one from basketball too

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Got lucky with some injuries but hell of a win especially when Freeman didn't play all that well. Perkins is a stud but end of games with the ball in Dix's hands is about as comfortable as I've been since Fran got here. Good ball handler, good passer and can get the step back off whenever he wants.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
That makes no sense, but at least you found a way to be pissed the Hawks won.

Jim Tebow

Proud Supporter of Bluder's Bunch
Reaction score
The key to victory was nw not having an athletic forward to abuse krikke defensively and on the boards, as most other teams in the big ten do. Iowa outrebounded the wildcats by a wide margin. Weird but true.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Watching highlights on BTN and lol that NW wanted a travel called on Tony’s pass the Pat. Was not even close to a travel.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Uuuuuhhhhhh.... this is turning into one of my favorite Fran teams to watch offensively. The analytic dorks probably hate the midrange game but I love it. All of it. Keep winning.
I had the same conversation earlier with some dudes regarding the midrange game we settled on “we are just old”

the current offensive trends are built around kids that either win vs man or shoot very well. It doesn’t translate as well to (enter pretty much any other level of basketball here) because they can’t shoot from outside. So while most coaches preach outside shooting due to analytics, it’s opening up the midrange game for kids that have had drilled into minds that you need to be able to shoot but “holy shit i am open from 15 every play”

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Uuuuuhhhhhh.... this is turning into one of my favorite Fran teams to watch offensively. The analytic dorks probably hate the midrange game but I love it. All of it. Keep winning.
If it works it works, and it feels like every time dix takes that at the ft line it's going to go in.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Watching highlights on BTN and lol that NW wanted a travel called on Tony’s pass the Pat. Was not even close to a travel.
And he was fouled thrice on his drive prior to the pass so pick thy poison

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Assuming Sandfort sticks around, Fran should have the nucleus of a pretty decent team next year.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It is amazing how frequently his ^ posts cause the thought "what an accurate avatar."