**Western Illinois vs. Iowa Basketball - 12/3/20 - 7:00pm - BTN**

Reaction score
I'm as comfortable with Patrick in the game as Weiskamp at this point. It's nice when a player has developed a mid range game, a floater and can also pass the ball. Weiskamp struggles with all 3.

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
I'm as comfortable with Patrick in the game as Weiskamp at this point. It's nice when a player has developed a mid range game, a floater and can also pass the ball. Weiskamp struggles with all 3.
Lol. Come on man. No.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Wieskamp, but Patrick is just a really good all around player. He’s skilled and smooth. I’m not sure he will ever be an all big ten level guy but he’s the type of role player that Iowa usually doesn’t have

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Love Patty, but Meyer is still the guy you want out there with Luka on the floor.

Reactions: Jim

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
My god. Iowa beats a bottom 5 team and here we are talking about being as comfortable with Patrick and him being more dynamic and having a higher ceiling than Wieskamp.

Lolz.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I really like what I’ve seen out of Ahron Ulis so far. Hustles and seems to be pretty smooth with the ball in his hands.

L. Wade Childress

Has no idea what you are asking
Reaction score
Patrick is playing about half as good as joe did before joe became a focus of the scouting report

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
@HiawathaHawk was right, the Joe stuff is getting annoying. Maybe we thought as a recruit and after his freshman year he would be an all timer but for fucks sake he averaged 15/6 in the Giant Douche last year.
You definitely typed that out and did not use the autocorrect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@HiawathaHawk was right, the Joe stuff is getting annoying. Maybe we thought as a recruit and after his freshman year he would be an all timer but for fucks sake he averaged 15/6 in the Giant Douche last year.
Yep. I'm pretty sure some of the people beating that drum the loudest and saying Patrick is better now, are the ones who said he would suck based on watching him in the HS state tournament. Some good "old takes exposed" in that thread for whoever wants to sift through it.

Patrick is going to be a big piece this year and has a bright future. Been fun to watch him and Keegan flash in these early games. They've also been able to shine against bad teams as complimentary pieces. Joe, CJ and Bohannon have just fit in and taken a back seat early on. When there are Big Ten bodies with scouting reports, those two are going to look like a mess at times while the veteran guys pick up the slack when it matters.

Charles

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
You guys realize a big part of the Joe stupidity is because of the Doug connection, right?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
off topic but settles is awful at his job. Big lol when they were talking about luka being a tight end

he would be slower than most offensive lineman

Reaction score
off topic but settles is awful at his job. Big lol when they were talking about luka being a tight end

he would be slower than most offensive lineman
I enjoy Settles, not because he’s a good broadcaster. But, because he’s a Hawkeye working in broadcasting. And, he is willing to tell stories and reference older Iowa players.

And, he lit up Weiskamp in that engagement segment. Between the halo chat and Settles, I was laughing out loud.

Charles

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
No, you fucking weirdo.
Oh ok. Yeah if he was from bumfuck Iowa and you didn't talk endlessly about how you know his dad and family that he'd be getting the same amount of shit. Sure thing. People like to poke you Doug and they see that as one way to poke at you.