Wow, Tennessee

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Cuonzo Martin........

Bad move. Trust me on this one.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Who else was going to take the job with probation looming?

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Some people are really high on Martin.

I'm not one of those people.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
But MSU [STRIKE]is in as an at-large[/STRIKE] is going to join a new major conference just as soon as the Big East blows up and the remnants come and get them. They have money! They're big time!

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
But MSU [STRIKE]is in as an at-large[/STRIKE] is going to join a new major conference just as soon as the Big East blows up and the remnants come and get them. They have money! They're big time!
??????

Reaction score
Oh no! Who will guide Missouri to inexplicable road losses and NIT appearances now?

Reaction score
Other than Painter and Weber, I'm trying to think of a Valley coach that was actually successful at the major conference level.

Keno- disaster
McDermott- disaster
Alford- below average
Turgeon- slightly above average
Stallings- above average
Altman- poor so far

even Weber has sucked since Self's recruits left (just two wins in NCAAs the last six seasons).

this is an admittedly unscientific study.

Reaction score
Other than Painter and Weber, I'm trying to think of a Valley coach that was actually successful at the major conference level.

Keno- disaster
McDermott- disaster
Alford- below average
Stallings- above average
Altman- poor so far

even Weber has sucked since Self's recruits left (just two wins in NCAAs the last six seasons).

Does Painter even count?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Keno- disaster
McDermott- disaster
Alford- below average
Stallings- above average
Altman- poor so far

I would say Turgeon has been more than "slightly above average" and Stallings has been great for Vanderbilt. Plus you have to add Painter who has been successful.

Reaction score
Seems like Turgeon is getting credit for the work done by Billy G.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score

Keno- disaster
McDermott- disaster
Alford- below average
Stallings- above average
Altman- poor so far

I wouldn't be shocked to see Weber fired within the next couple of years.

Reaction score
Seems like Turgeon is getting credit for the work done by Billy G.
He's been there 4 years, gone 97-40 and 38-26 in the Big 12 with 4 NCAA trips and 3 of them in the 2nd round. He's been better the last two years with his own guys. It's not the total rebuild it was for BCG but he's been really solid.

Reaction score

Keno- disaster
McDermott- disaster
Alford- below average
Stallings- above average
Altman- poor so far

I would say Turgeon has been more than "slightly above average" and Stallings has been great for Vanderbilt. Plus you have to add Painter who has been successful.
He did a nice job initially, but the SEC is somewhat lacking in depth. I don't think he can be great when he loses to double-digit seeds in the first round of the tournament every year.

Reaction score
It's mostly the SEC West that is down though. Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee have been very good recently and Georgia has been better than most of the West. The last 5 years he's gone to 4 tournaments with 1 Sweet 16 but the other 3 times they've been upset as you said. Still he's won 22, 26, 19, 24, 23 and gone 10-6, 10-6, 8-8, 12-4, 9-7 in conference in the last 5 years. At Vanderbilt, that's pretty impressive.