**2018 Big Ten Tournament Thread**

Reaction score
You absolutely do not want Moss to transfer. These are college kids that are not going to make every shot. Moss has loads of potential, just needs to be more consistent. A guy like Brady does not have loads of potential and is taking up space on the roster.

I’d be shocked if one of Pemsl/Kriener doesn’t leave. It goes back and forth as to which one is awful from night to night.

I don’t feel like getting rid of Wagner is really necessary. He rebounds well and is probably their best defender so he has some value and will be a Senior. Iowa really only needs to open up one spot for a grad transfer on the wing and their roster will be damn good going into next year.

And Fran needs to be honest with himself and set a rotation.
I refuse to believe this. I have never seen him rebound well. In fact, I often wonder why he doesn't get more rebounds.

If someone has a stat or stats to back up the assertion that Wagner rebounds well or even average I'm willing to listen and admit wrong. I will not DMOFR
He's a good offensive rebounder but bad defensively. His offensive rebounding percentage was 2nd best on the team and if he played the 40% of minutes necessary to qualify, would rank 7th in the Big Ten. Last year it was higher.

Reaction score
Had to watch the game streaming and haven't seen a lot of discussion on today but what a weird game. Obviously we got helped out by them missing jumpers but the defense had some really good moments. Everything seemed to be breaking right at times and with their foul outs I was pretty confident in a win. Ultimately missing some good looks and dumb decisions on offense were the killer.

Kriener out of nowhere. He's not there but the concussions fucked with his season and I still think he's a very good backup center his last two years. I probably viewed Cook's game totally different with all the rumors but he was really frustrating today. Baer was terrible at times but came up with some big boards, did a good job on Robinson for a good stretch and hit that big 3. Pemsl was terrible, Nunge was overmatched. Thought Fran forgot about Dailey a bit today.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Kriener is going to be a very important player even if Cook stays, but particularly if Cook leaves. I hope he's able to avoid the concussion problem and keep developing his strength and his game.

Moss is often frustrating, but in addition to the fact that he may yet raise his game, I want him to stay because he's the first reasonably high-profile player we've landed from the CPL in a long time. (I'm probably overlooking someone, but wasn't Alvin Robinson who TD signed from Carver the last CPL recruit before him?) Our chances to repeat that story line won't be helped if Moss ends up leaving, particularly if it smells like a runoff.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
The Moss potential thing made sense last year. Now he can GFH. And I still completely agree he has tons of potential. Just not in Iowa City.
Are you more comfortable going into next year with potentially only bohannon, Connor, Weiskamp and a last resort Juco? He has shown he can play in short spurts. You just have to hope it clicks. I think he's a better bet than what you'll get in the market. IMO we don't have the depth to be kicking are second best guard to the curb.
Yes. I’m done with the Moss tease. It could backfire in a big way, but him being nothing just kills this team. Let someone else take the risk.
What risk are they taking? Even if he doesn't reach his full potential, he's proven to be effective in short bursts. You need guys like that on your bench. I get that he's frustrating but most of that comes from his inconsistency and because we've all seen flashes of what he can do. Here's a wild thought - what if he somehow improves over the next two years? What if the coaches actually do their job and help him develop into a more complete player? I know, it's crazy, but just imagine if players weren't done developing their game at 20.

Also, for whatever reason, it appears that Iowa has struggled to get black athletes to buy into their program. The last thing they need is to run off a talented kid from a Chicago powerhouse so they can sign some gritty, try-hard, that has a ceiling where Moss's floor is.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Moss was attacking the basket a lot more the last 2 weeks. The light bulb started turning on for the entire team towards the end, although the dimmer was only about 1/4 of the way up.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Are you more comfortable going into next year with potentially only bohannon, Connor, Weiskamp and a last resort Juco? He has shown he can play in short spurts. You just have to hope it clicks. I think he's a better bet than what you'll get in the market. IMO we don't have the depth to be kicking are second best guard to the curb.
Yes. I’m done with the Moss tease. It could backfire in a big way, but him being nothing just kills this team. Let someone else take the risk.
What risk are they taking? Even if he doesn't reach his full potential, he's proven to be effective in short bursts. You need guys like that on your bench. I get that he's frustrating but most of that comes from his inconsistency and because we've all seen flashes of what he can do. Here's a wild thought - what if he somehow improves over the next two years? What if the coaches actually do their job and help him develop into a more complete player? I know, it's crazy, but just imagine if players weren't done developing their game at 20.

Also, for whatever reason, it appears that Iowa has struggled to get black athletes to buy into their program. The last thing they need is to run off a talented kid from a Chicago powerhouse so they can sign some gritty, try-hard, that has a ceiling where Moss's floor is.
No kidding. Let's get rid of a guy who averaged in double figures in the Big Ten. Will just plug in another guy who's a great shooter in practice, like Brady

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Holy crap what an awful last possession by Wisconsin. They had 19 seconds and ended up with a contested prayer of a 3. Looked quite familiar, actually.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Holy crap what an awful last possession by Wisconsin. They had 19 seconds and ended up with a contested prayer of a 3. Looked quite familiar, actually.
Couldn’t happen to a faggier bunch of douchebags.

Slidewilly

Reaction score
I'm glad to have seen the last of Ethan Happ. He was a unique player. Not a great leaper, but had terrific hands and footwork, and he was a witch at getting to the hoop and getting a shot up with opposing bigs all over him. It'll be interesting to see if he makes it to the NBA. If not, he'll probably have a long career in Euroball.

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
Of course Michigan is ass pounding Nebby right now.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm glad to have seen the last of Ethan Happ. He was a unique player. Not a great leaper, but had terrific hands and footwork, and he was a witch at getting to the hoop and getting a shot up with opposing bigs all over him. It'll be interesting to see if he makes it to the NBA. If not, he'll probably have a long career in Euroball.
He still has a year of eligibility left. He will return if not first round pick.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
He is signing with an agent? Scooped!!!!!

Slidewilly

Reaction score
How in the HELL did Miles land all those transfers last offseason? Has to be the assistants.

Slidewilly

Reaction score
He is signing with an agent? Scooped!!!!!
My bad--wishful thinking on my part. I thought he'd been at Wisconsin for about 40 years.

Slidewilly

Reaction score
According to this article, Happ wants to go to the combine, but doesn't want to enter the draft unless he's confident of going in the first round. I'd be surprised if he goes first round, but I'm often surprised at how the draft goes down. If anyone might value him that high, I'd guess it would be someone like Popovich.

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/wisconsin-ethan-happ-nba-draft-2018

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
How in the HELL did Miles land all those transfers last offseason? Has to be the assistants.
Copeland was a childhood friend of Gill so they lucked into that by taking a shitty transfer the year prior. Palmer was a 3 ppg scorer at Miami that turned into a first team all big ten player. So in short they got fucking lucky and will still likely miss the tourney.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Michigan with work to do, but it seems obvious Thursday's overtime was for the championship.

:)

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Damn, woulda waited but didn't think they'd beat Purdue.
That's 8 straight for Mich in the tourny, pretty pretty good.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
In retrospect its obvious we played a 5 minute overtime to make the national championship game. Missed by this much.