**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
Why would he transfer to UNI?
To get playing time. His minutes should absolutely diminish this coming season. Should.
I'm not saying you're wrong, or you're dumb, etc...

I just don't see it. He plays, in my opinion, plenty. I don't see him going to UNI and playing that much more. MAYBE 12-18 minutes? I can see him, as a junior, getting that at Iowa next year.
I'm sure he totally wants to come off the bench for 15 minutes per game the rest of his career.

My guess is he thinks he should be starting somewhere and knows that the chances of that at Iowa are becoming less every year, especially if Cook is back.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,930
Reaction score
3,188
To get playing time. His minutes should absolutely diminish this coming season. Should.
I'm not saying you're wrong, or you're dumb, etc...

I just don't see it. He plays, in my opinion, plenty. I don't see him going to UNI and playing that much more. MAYBE 12-18 minutes? I can see him, as a junior, getting that at Iowa next year.
I'm sure he totally wants to come off the bench for 15 minutes per game the rest of his career.

My guess is he thinks he should be starting somewhere and knows that the chances of that at Iowa are becoming less every year, especially if Cook is back.
Possibly. Or he's happy at Iowa? Nah that can't be it.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
I'm not saying you're wrong, or you're dumb, etc...

I just don't see it. He plays, in my opinion, plenty. I don't see him going to UNI and playing that much more. MAYBE 12-18 minutes? I can see him, as a junior, getting that at Iowa next year.
I'm sure he totally wants to come off the bench for 15 minutes per game the rest of his career.

My guess is he thinks he should be starting somewhere and knows that the chances of that at Iowa are becoming less every year, especially if Cook is back.
Possibly. Or he's happy at Iowa? Nah that can't be it.
He might be, but going off rumor right now there seems to be some smoke that he might not be.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
There hasn't been an actual update in 10 pages
 

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Joined
Jan 9, 2015
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
832
I can’t blame any player for being unhappy with his fucked up rotations.
I can blame Pemsl if he's unhappy. We are loaded in the front court and he got far too many minutes. The fucked up rotations at SG and SF were understandable given that we had a total of about 1.5 competent guys to play those positions. Garza sitting for stretches and Nunge playing out of position without consistent minutes seems like it would be far more frustrating than what Pemsl had to deal with.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,268
Reaction score
1,533
We seem to have differing views on pemsl but that’s ok. He was pretty damn good last year when he got consistent minutes. This year minutes have been erratic for about 9 guys. I wouldn’t blame any of them.
 

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
98,226
Reaction score
51,888
Seemed like this took forever.

Now if Wagner or Pemsl leaves, I think we are set.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
I hope Brady reads this thread!!
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
Almost as happy as when GDGD retired
 

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
53,341
Reaction score
-12,504
This will give Fran the flexibility to fill Cook's spot should he decide to leave.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,441
Seemed like this took forever.

Now if Wagner or Pemsl leaves, I think we are set.
I'm indifferent on Wagner, but Pemsl leaving would probably be for the best. Particularly if Fran is looking at a JUCO.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,930
Reaction score
3,188
Seemed like this took forever.

Now if Wagner or Pemsl leaves, I think we are set.
I'm indifferent on Wagner, but Pemsl leaving would probably be for the best. Particularly if Fran is looking at a JUCO.
So keep the guy with zero ability but get rid of the other one. Makes sense.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
This will give Fran the flexibility to fill Cook's spot should he decide to leave.
WE DO NOT NEED ANY MORE PLAYERS
They should still take at least one more guard or a wing that can defend and shoot unless you want to rely on Moss and Dailey ever figuring it out.

bohannon / Connor
Moss / Juco or Transfer
Wieskamp / Dailey
Nunge / Baer / Pemsl or Wagner
Garza / Kreiner

That right there can be a tournament team and they can redshirt Frederick and save a scholarship.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,268
Reaction score
1,533
Now that this rumor is out there it would not surprise me if they report all the transfer news immediately after they release the football two deeps.
 
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
6,003
Reaction score
-1,389
But never forget, he shot totally awesome for like 5 games last year.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,441

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
Remember that time Brady played Notre Dame? That was cool.
 

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
98,226
Reaction score
51,888
This will give Fran the flexibility to fill Cook's spot should he decide to leave.
WE DO NOT NEED ANY MORE PLAYERS
They should still take at least one more guard or a wing that can defend and shoot unless you want to rely on Moss and Dailey ever figuring it out.

bohannon / Connor
Moss / Juco or Transfer
Wieskamp / Dailey
Nunge / Baer / Pemsl or Wagner
Garza / Kreiner

That right there can be a tournament team and they can redshirt Frederick and save a scholarship.
 
Top