**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
The good news is everyone is back, the bad news is they aren't good at basketball.
Disagree with this. Hawks are going to bounce back. JW is a massive upgrade and that’s going to prevent other guys playing out of position on the wing.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Lol here comes the annual strat bitch-fest

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Lol here comes the annual strat bitch-fest
The 2019 class is kind of a downer. And the team picked a helluva time to underperform and not give a shit - worst season from a talent to record perspective in a long time.

But I’m positive about the upcoming season. A little more effort on defense, ok a lot more, and adding JW and Connor to the mix and we will be bubble team at worst.

The problem is more long term though. It’s probably too late to salvage Foster. And we can see how 2019 is shaping up. So it would take more than a bubble team or even a first round exit of the NCAAs to turn things around. Kinda missed the golden opportunity that we had. A couple more 4 star types, particularly at PG, and we could have had something pretty special and be relevant on the national stage. But unless Connor turns out to be spectacular I’m not sure that happens.

Reaction score
First conference game in November :icon_eek: and a bunch of home Sunday games (with some Fridays mixed in).

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The new NET stat does take into consideration margin of victory but caps it at 10 points for dumb reasons. Hurts Iowa somewhat because with our depth, we tend to bury our really shit opponents. I suppose they couldn't just copy entirely kenpom's site.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
If Iowa continues to lose a high percentage of close games, this change will greatly benefit us

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Pretty big jump, but he looked like a kid that could put on some weight pretty easily.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

212 is pretty damn big for Connor
I don’t like how Baer was included on the same pedestal as Cook and bohannon. We better see less of him, not more.
Probably having to do with it being his senior season. Except for Uhl, Fran really trumpets up his seniors ala McCabe and May. Agree with you regardless.

Last edited:

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I have reached the point with Fran where when reading an article & he is being quoted I just skip over it entirely without thought because I think I’ve heard it all yet heard nothing from him for so long now.

I don’t like him yet I don’t hate him like that piece of shit @HoundedHawk

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I appreciate frans enthusiasm. It offsets Kirk a bit.
I mean how can you not enjoy listening to Fran? Yeah he pumps his guys up a little too much at times but he's always thougtful, gives real answers, and is pretty engaging.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Think you and Castic can get him in for an interview?

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
When Fran signs a real point guard I will read what he has to say about that.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Peter Jok has turned into a most unlikely, but seemingly genuine, Program Guy.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
He’s matured a ton and it’s fun to watch. Everyone has always loved him. Now he has shown drive and perseverance, and great success, to back it up.

He will be a great recruiter some day. I hope it’s for us.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
As we get some distance from his career, it's unfortunate that Pete never got his national moment.

Of Fran's first big four, White and Uthoff were both well known, had appearances in the top ten. Pete's senior year was arguably the best of the lot, but the exposure just wasn't there.

I talk to Ohio people and they remember White and Uthoff. They don't know Jok. Sucks to be them.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Part of me applauds him for being himself and not worrying about living up to some college athlete stereotype. The other part of me wants to repeatedly dunk his dorky head in the toilet.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
In my defense

"At the Battle of Hogwarts nearly as many Hufflepuffs fought as Gryffindors."