**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
No wonder the NBA didn't want Cook he's only 6'3 lol

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Practice was fun to watch. They were running a lot of JBo, Cook, Weiskamp, Moss, and Baer together. Weiskamp does not look like a freshman. Cook was leading the way and really active, but the other 5 were hanging with them. Kreiner was all over the court with the second group. Had some really nice moves around the basket and hitting threes. Pemsl sat out the scrimmage, but warmed up. Almost didn’t recognize him. Overall, practice was a lot more intense than I expected for a Saturday afternoon in September.

First time in the practice gym. Man, that’s nice. You enter the gym through the coaches offices. Main floor was being used by Michigan volleyball team, so really nice they don’t have to juggle that schedule.

A couple recruits in attendance. Al was lurking around, but I didn’t see him with any bags of money.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Oh you mean Kreiner doesn’t suck?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I’m still of the belief kreiner will be decent. Pemsl not so much

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Pemsl is not an athlete, but he does have a basketball knack. I get the sense he will continue to be garbage until his senior year, when his old man game will allow him to dominate like Old Real Estate Agent Fitness Man at the local rec center.

He'll go 12/8 as a senior and receive nearly unanimous "I always loved that guy" plaudits even though it will be complete bullshit.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Pemsl is not an athlete, but he does have a basketball knack. I get the sense he will continue to be garbage until his senior year, when his old man game will allow him to dominate like Old Real Estate Agent Fitness Man at the local rec center.

He'll go 12/8 as a senior and receive nearly unanimous "I always loved that guy" plaudits even though it will be complete bullshit.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Wieskamps smile..... Da fuck is on Garzas chin???

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Pretty sure Al Seibert threatened Weiskamp's family if he didn't smile. That smirk is great.

Reaction score

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
should have had Ash and CJ switch spots so Pemsl can get comfortbale sitting with those four during games

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Tickets acquired for the 2K classic, 3 rows behind the bench.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Tickets acquired for the 2K classic, 3 rows behind the bench.
I fully expect all the bitching you do in chat to be verbalized behind the bench. It’s only fair they get to hear you too

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
The view just sells itself...

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score

Just put Metamucil on the menu and I think we have a way to get all the blue hairs to sit up there and move the students down around the court.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Oh. Maybe put in some recliners and monitors?

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Why use bolted down stadium seats?
That was the second thing I noticed after the tiny court. I assume to keep from having issues with the walkway being blocked. But those can’t be comfortable.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score

Just put Metamucil on the menu and I think we have a way to get all the blue hairs to sit up there and move the students down around the court.
I don't think they will sit up there, because they can't see from there.
It does avoid the brutal walk up and back from the court sides every time you have to pee. Give me about 4 IPAs pregame and I’m breathing like @Hawk&Balls dry humping on his couch by the time I make it up there.