**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The black looks so much better, I wish we could switch out all the taupe or whatever seats for black.

Wayne Rogers

Has Bad Ideas
Reaction score
Dear Wayne Rogers,

I am writing today introducing to you an exciting new premium seat opportunity for our men’s basketball fans within historic Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Carver Terrace Tables will be the best place in Carver to entertain clients, friends, and/or family.

Carver Terrace Tables are tables of 4 located just off the concourse at the north end of the arena. Each table features extra-wide mesh seats with armrests and a generous table area for food and beverage. Amenities at each table include:

-Access to Feller Club Room

-VIP Parking in Lot 33 (Dental Building Lot)

-Inclusive food service to your table

-menu includes burgers/hotdogs/sandwiches, various sides, soft drinks/water, ICE CREAM

-Cash beer and wine service to your table

-Complimentary game program

-Game stats delivered at halftime

Each table of 4 is priced at $6,500 for the 2018-19 season including 19 home games. This includes your season tickets and all amenities described above. You will also have 40 priority points added to your ticket office priority.

Thank you for all you do for our Hawkeye student-athletes and for taking the time to review this new opportunity. If you have any questions or are interested in these tables please contact us via premium@hawkeyesports.com we will prioritize requests and assign tables in the month of October. Please visit the website below for more information and pictures.

Click here:

Carver Terrace Tables

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Dear Wayne Rogers,

I am writing today introducing to you an exciting new premium seat opportunity for our men’s basketball fans within historic Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Carver Terrace Tables will be the best place in Carver to entertain clients, friends, and/or family.

Carver Terrace Tables are tables of 4 located just off the concourse at the north end of the arena. Each table features extra-wide mesh seats with armrests and a generous table area for food and beverage. Amenities at each table include:

-menu includes burgers/hotdogs/sandwiches, various sides, soft drinks/water, ICE CREAM

Each table of 4 is priced at $6,500 for the 2018-19 season including 19 home games. This includes your season tickets and all amenities described above. You will also have 40 priority points added to your ticket office priority.

Thank you for all you do for our Hawkeye student-athletes and for taking the time to review this new opportunity. If you have any questions or are interested in these tables please contact us via premium@hawkeyesports.com we will prioritize requests and assign tables in the month of October. Please visit the website below for more information and pictures.

Click here:

Carver Terrace Tables
I'm sold.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
$85.50 per ticket? At least you can get those elusive halftime stats!

ICE CREAM. Lulz.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
A dozen or more people you don't know or like will be leaning over the railing directly above your head watching the game for most of the second half. Try to ignore them.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
The seats on the sides of the table aren't even angled at the court.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
just like the club seats in the new NEZ, I will never be sitting in those

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
why did they not use that large gap of space between the court side seats and the bleachers?

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Dear Wayne Rogers,

Click here:

Carver Terrace Tables
So is the food inclusive even if they run out of all of those at 6:20 for a 6:00 PM tip per usual for the first couple of games?

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Dear Wayne Rogers,

Click here:

Carver Terrace Tables
They are now saying no booze to the terrace seating area.

I am now saying fuck that.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
No booze is retarded. I wonder what happened there. They will fail without booze.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The only real positive to getting one of those tables seems to be the ability to have a twist cone delivered to you.

Revolver

Reaction score
"Inclusive food"

Lol that the types dropping the jack to get those seats are going to be eating burgers and hot dogs at Carver Hawkeye Arena.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
"Inclusive food"

Lol that the types dropping the jack to get those seats are going to be eating burgers and hot dogs at Carver Hawkeye Arena.
Umm. When was the last time you were at Carver? Gasser ain’t passing up a free burger or hot dog.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
No booze is retarded. I wonder what happened there. They will fail without booze.
This is why the Budweiser Club at I-Cubs games works. Unlimited beer and food. The food is average, but you can start drinking 90 minutes before the first pitch and it probably ends up being a lot cheaper than drinking silos in the stands.

Revolver

Reaction score
"Inclusive food"

Umm. When was the last time you were at Carver? Gasser ain’t passing up a free burger or hot dog.
You think Gasser is going to give up his chance to look like a complete dick in the front row for some burgers and dogs?

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Not him per se, but the average Iowa b-ball donor or group along for the ride on the company dime is not turning down free shitty food.

Either way, the only way I’d sit in those seats is the option of booze.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
There is no way anyone buys the seats other than corporations
Maybe some old farts who don’t want to climb the stairs and need the room to read the paper, but you are right. Those seats suck without the booze.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
NBA combine invites get sent out Friday.

FWIW, my *source* from the athletic department told me today that the staff expects TC to return to Iowa.
/CSB alert

After I read your post, I sent a text to my buddy who works as a scout for the Clippers (who I periodically check in with about Cook and his NBA / DL prospects).

My text said: "Final time I ask, is Cook finally on your radar and within your top 75 players?" His response: "Dude -- he's not even in our top 100 and he's not a candidate for a 2 way contract. Not gonna happen."

/CSB alert over
Clippers offered Cook an Ex-10 -- let's see if he takes it.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
NBA combine invites get sent out Friday.

FWIW, my *source* from the athletic department told me today that the staff expects TC to return to Iowa.
/CSB alert

After I read your post, I sent a text to my buddy who works as a scout for the Clippers (who I periodically check in with about Cook and his NBA / DL prospects).

My text said: "Final time I ask, is Cook finally on your radar and within your top 75 players?" His response: "Dude -- he's not even in our top 100 and he's not a candidate for a 2 way contract. Not gonna happen."

/CSB alert over
Clippers offered Cook an Ex-10 -- let's see if he takes it.
He declined. Probably thinks he can play himself into a 2-way contract in Summer League and thinks there may be a better roster situation. He’ll be able to get an ex 10 when he wants one.