2019 recruiting thread

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
so what you're saying is that he was an unranked three-star that did not appear on anyone's recruiting radar until july-august before his senior year, was the fourth option on his high school team, and was universally regarded as a project recruit* -- the kind of guy that, with the exception of a few outliers, generally turns out to be adequate but not outstanding.

*yes, athletic guards can also be "projects"

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
so what you're saying is that he was an unranked three-star that did not appear on anyone's recruiting radar until july-august before his senior year, was the fourth option on his high school team, and was universally regarded as a project recruit* -- the kind of guy that, with the exception of a few outliers, generally turns out to be adequate but not outstanding.

I don't give a shit what kind of recruit he was. I watch him look like Peter Jok for five minutes and then Devan Bawinkel for ten all the fucking time. I'm glad it doesn't drive anyone else insane, really I am. But it drives me batshit.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

I don't give a shit what kind of recruit he was. I watch him look like Peter Jok for five minutes and then Devan Bawinkel for ten all the fucking time. I'm glad it doesn't drive anyone else insane, really I am. But it drives me batshit.
That appears to be because you’re stupid.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
And let me be clear, I like Moss. He's come a long way and is an asset to the team. But I find him maddening. I haven't seen a player with as many offensive tools as he has so thoroughly lose his way so frequently.

I ate shit for calling him a role player earlier this week, but that's what he is. He's Bill Jones when he could be Roy Marble.
Bill Jones played in the NBA.

Creed

Doesn't go to the dentist
Reaction score
I have no inside sources like some of the experts around here, but I have a feeling Moss is going to grad transfer after this season. I probably would if I were him after being a forgotten man time and time again.
This is fucking ridiculous, not because it couldn’t happen, but because of the reasoning why.
True. I like Moss most of the time because he’s got the type of talent that can be really fun to watch and I’m setting myself up for disappointment if he were to grad transfer after this season.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
And let me be clear, I like Moss. He's come a long way and is an asset to the team. But I find him maddening. I haven't seen a player with as many offensive tools as he has so thoroughly lose his way so frequently.

I ate shit for calling him a role player earlier this week, but that's what he is. He's Bill Jones when he could be Roy Marble.
Neat

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
I have no inside sources like some of the experts around here, but I have a feeling Moss is going to grad transfer after this season. I probably would if I were him after being a forgotten man time and time again.
This is fucking ridiculous, not because it couldn’t happen, but because of the reasoning why.
True. I like Moss most of the time because he’s got the type of talent that can be really fun to watch and I’m setting myself up for disappointment if he were to grad transfer after this season.
He also isn’t a good student so I don’t think he graduates even after 4 years.

Reaction score
my favorite part of that video is the complete absence of unauthentic white guys

Several of his teammates did as well. Old George could get players.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
How do you even know this, and why would you post it?

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Getting worked up by Isaiah Moss and The Hobbit trilogy. You bored, grape?

Reaction score
Pretty common knowledge amongst the Lincoln Way East burbs. His parents are great but he struggled to stay eligible. Word was his junior year he was going to need to sit for grades at LWE

Reaction score
One of the reason Moss gets criticized, maybe more than he deserves, is that his flaws are easy to see, and all seem to be within his athletic ability to fix.

Bohannon will never be quick or anything more than marginally stronger than he is now. Moss could stop head faking good threes only to fade away from just inside the arc as soon as tomorrow.

Easily corrected mistakes that continue to get made, are frustrating.

Reaction score
He had averaged over 28 mpg the last 10
Moss has been almost universally praised the last month.
agreed

mostly calling out Fran for his odd usage at times
It's really only once since the Wisconsin game.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
I and everyone else that follows Iowa basketball halfway close knows about this. It was in every article about him the summer of 2015 when he was the only player to not join the team because he had to stay home and do extra academics due to his grades to be eligible. It led him to redshirting.

I would post it because we are talking about him being a graduate transfer, and given his academic history I would bet he isn't going to graduate in 4 years.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/iowa-sophomore-isaiah-moss-shifts-shooting-guard-and-his-potential-excites-his-fellow-hawkeyes/yVKmR5D9SQgScm5vXWf2cJ/

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Most kids don't graduate in four years, but you really don't know anything about his relevant academic history. Has there been any mention of him struggling with grades at Iowa?

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
This may come as a surprise, but I did not graduate in 4 years. Why would I want to cut short the best 6 years of my life. Seems dumb.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
This may come as a surprise, but I did not graduate in 4 years. Why would I want to cut short the best 6 years of my life. Seems dumb.
I regret it. My parents said they would pay for fours years of college and after that I was on my own. I should have gone another four

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Most kids don't graduate in four years, but you really don't know anything about his relevant academic history. Has there been any mention of him struggling with grades at Iowa?
Have you met Doug? Did you know Nixon raped someone last year?

Reaction score
From yesterday:
Some Hawk fan did the Lord's work and attended Toussaint's game. He posted some videos that I'll put up in the next post.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
You can see Patrick slowly but surely adding muscle and definition. It’s gotta be tough for him. He’s a more advanced, better ball handling Aaron White at the same age right now.

Reaction score
There are interviews with Joe and his coach in that link, and I think one more video of an assist.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
And why is that cop posing in pictures?

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Didn't read the story just thought the quote was funny

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
I hope Moss is back next season. I also look forward to seeing CJ Fredrick get his feet wet. I watched his last two high school games last year as he led his team to a state title. He's an all-around skilled guard, but he'll need to get stronger to thrive in the Big Ten. Hopefully he's been hitting the weights and will continue to do so through the summer.

I just hope he doesn't follow Covington Catholic tradition and show up at a game in blackface.

Reaction score
Missed this one from over the weekend:
They played and won again tonight, but there are zero stats available.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Where is this fear that Moss is leaving coming from?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I hope Moss is back next season. I also look forward to seeing CJ Fredrick get his feet wet. I watched his last two high school games last year as he led his team to a state title. He's an all-around skilled guard, but he'll need to get stronger to thrive in the Big Ten. Hopefully he's been hitting the weights and will continue to do so through the summer.

I just hope he doesn't follow Covington Catholic tradition and show up at a game in blackface.