**2020-2021 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
There’s a very real possibility of Karen Warren fucking over Iowa by jamming in these postponed games

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Lestikow
Stay tuned to see if there's a chance that Iowa's postponed game against Michigan State could be replayed perhaps Jan. 25 or 26. The Spartans are scheduled to host Illinois on Saturday, but if they're able to return to the court sooner after their own COVID-19 pause, the Big Ten shouldn't have any trouble finding a TV partner willing to air Spartans at top-five Hawkeyes early next week.

Big Ten assistant commissioner Kerry Kenny (who is in charge of scheduling) told me last week that the league would look to make up the Iowa-Michigan State game sooner rather than later, knowing that more postponements could be coming. There are some built-in windows in the final two weeks of the regular-season schedule for makeup games.

“We understand that disruption is a part of this year’s season," Kenny said, "and we want to play as many games as we can early on."

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think early on the standings can be influenced not only by who you play, but where you play. We know how tough it is to win on the road. Below is another look at the league looking at the number of road wins minus home losses. Some teams have benefited early on by having a home heavy schedule, while others (like Ohio St) appear they could be positioned to hang around for awhile.

Iowa +3
Mich +2
Ohio St +2
Purdue +2
Wisconsin +1
Illinois +0
Minnesota +0
Indiana -1
NW -1
Mich St -1
MD -1
PSU -1
Rutgers -2
Neb -3

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Not playing the bottom of the league is going to fuck Iowa out of winning the league.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score

Would really like to see Iowa take care of business down the stretch and get a 1 seed. Or if the committee is truly going to stick to the S curve, I suppose Iowa just needs to be top 6 if Baylor and Gonzaga stay top 2. While Iowa can compete with either, it’d suck to be in the same region with one of them.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Iowa and Baylor have 5 players shooting 40%+ from 3 this year (minimum 15 attempts)

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Nunge with his best 5 minute stretch by far yesterday.

I know we were all pissed when he was getting decent minutes early in the season... but it's gonna pay off.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
We should jump ‘Nova today, right? They haven’t played in 3 weeks.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Really is too bad that the Gonzaga/Baylor game earlier this year was cancelled. Would have been nice to have that as another data point for how good Gonzaga/Baylor/Iowa are.
What if they had a make up game on a court with three hoops and they all just played each other at once?

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Anybody ever check out The Bracket Matrix?

For the first time, in my memory, the Hawks are on the (aggregate) 1-line in its collection of bracketologist predictions.

I know pragmatists, at this part of the season, its nearly pointless and meaningless - but I still fucking love seeing IOWA as a projected 1-seed by a bunch of wannabe bracketeering experts.

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Pretty sure they were on the 1-line by most experts during Uthoff’s senior year when they were ranked 3rd in the polls.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Anybody ever check out The Bracket Matrix?

For the first time, in my memory, the Hawks are on the (aggregate) 1-line in its collection of bracketologist predictions.

I know pragmatists, at this part of the season, its nearly pointless and meaningless - but I still fucking love seeing IOWA as a projected 1-seed by a bunch of wannabe bracketeering experts.
I contribute to The Bracket Matrix.