**2020 Iowa Basketball Off-Season Thread**

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Usually someone hurt that much doesn't stick around long enough to use it.

Reaction score
IIRC Nunge did have a stress fracture that he was sitting out with during his redshirt year. I realize he was planning to sit out the year anyways but who knows

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
IIRC Nunge did have a stress fracture that he was sitting out with during his redshirt year. I realize he was planning to sit out the year anyways but who knows
I was thinking that was the case, also. I'm sure it's documented and could just add to the evidence *IF* he wanted to apply for a 6th year *AND* the school supported his application. That late uncertainty is tough with basketball recruiting...easier with football.

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score
Bohannon is the example of this. He will have left Iowa never using his redshirt.

He has played in 4 seasons so far. He only played in 10 games last year or whatever so he is eligible for a medical waiver. He didn't redshirt because he couldn't.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I can hardly remember a year where we've had as much hype for all three of our major men's sports teams (football, basketball, wrestling), as we do right now going into this season.

It's a great time to be a Hawkeye. Them fuckers better play.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I can hardly remember a year where we've had as much hype for all three of our major men's sports teams (football, basketball, wrestling), as we do right now going into this season.

It's a great time to be a Hawkeye. Them fuckers better play.
yeah it’s great until the best fucking winter of my fucking lifetime gets fucking canceled because fucking old fat fucks are fucking dying.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Nunge is going to be a doctor by the time he is done playing.
Ehhh not so sure about that. I don’t think he’s in med school. In fact I know he’s not.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
That must be who he is making a baby with.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Ehhh not so sure about that. I don’t think he’s in med school. In fact I know he’s not.
Maybe he’s driving to Davenport and taking classes at Palmer.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Former University of Iowa basketball player Zach McCabe was arrested Friday for allegedly punching a man in a bar.

McCabe, who finished his college career in March, turned himself in Friday and is being held on $1,500 bond at the Johnson County jail. He was charged with assault causing bodily injury resulting from an incident in D.C.’s bar in downtown Iowa City just after midnight Thursday night.

According to police reports, security video showed McCabe and a woman arguing in the bar. When a man attempted to intervene in the dispute, McCabe allegedly punched him, knocking him to the floor. He then blew the man a kiss and walked out the door.

Reaction score
Suck a fat one!

Remember how hot McCabe's GF was? That aint ever happening again for that guy.
I Know her well and although I don’t have personal experience I can promise you her box stunk

Reaction score
I forgot how off the mark that shot was. Haloman could’ve done much better.

That said, I enjoyed watching McCabe more than most because he made up for his lack of skill with general assholery and he was actually usually a solid shooter.

Reaction score
You’ll have that. Also Doug, with regards to the bow, Fran made him look worse than he was by routinely playing him at the 4 when everyone knew he couldn’t handle it. Fortunately we now have a squad where he’d barely see the floor but I don’t forget where we came from.

douglasbader

Reaction score
You’ll have that. Also Doug, with regards to the bow, Fran made him look worse than he was by routinely playing him at the 4 when everyone knew he couldn’t handle it. Fortunately we now have a squad where he’d barely see the floor but I don’t forget where we came from.
No, Fran actually made him look much better than he ever was. The reality is he was garbage and wouldn't have played after the first year at any other Power 5 team. Fran fucked up badly with him by playing him at any position, not by playing him at the 4.

He wouldn't see a single fucking minute on the 2020-2021 team.

Reaction score
No, Fran actually made him look much better than he ever was. The reality is he was garbage and wouldn't have played after the first year at any other Power 5 team. Fran fucked up badly with him by playing him at any position, not by playing him at the 4.

He wouldn't see a single fucking minute on the 2020-2021 team.
I get where you’re coming from but who on those teams should’ve played more at the 3-5? If you say Olaseni I’m with you but Woodbury played about as much as he could and Basabe kind of hit his ceiling early on.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I get where you’re coming from but who on those teams should’ve played more at the 3-5? If you say Olaseni I’m with you but Woodbury played about as much as he could and Basabe kind of hit his ceiling early on.
Olaseni should have gotten every single minute.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Win Shares:

Eric May: 6.3
McCabe: 6.7
Fat white guy that works at a bank 6 months after college.

Athletic black guy that has been playing pro basketball for years.

Tough choice.