2020 recruiting

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Is this a good class now?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Thankfully on paper doesn’t mean much sometimes.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The class is shitty on paper though. That is without debate

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I’m pretty excited about Ulis and Perkins. I think they’ll both be productive.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
This is great, looks way more athletic than I thought.
good footwork, can pass and shoot it, just a bit chubby and needs some conditioning. sounds familiar.

to make a lousy car metaphor, hopefully he ends up the Civic SI to Garza's Type R.

Last edited:

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
I don't even know if anyone tracks it, but Iowa's current team has to be somewhere near the bottom in terms of dunks. It doesn't really matter but it seems like the next wave of recruits bring a bit more to the table in that department.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't even know if anyone tracks it, but Iowa's current team has to be somewhere near the bottom in terms of dunks. It doesn't really matter but it seems like the next wave of recruits bring a bit more to the table in that department.
It is tracked. I was just looking at it the other day. Iowa has 26 dunks this year in 18 games.

Bob

Reaction score
I was wrong, my man. Never happier to be wrong. Not even going to waste a RATT. That was a dark day.
Think it's probably okay to still be annoyed with offering the Murray twins, but yeah otherwise the class looks fine. Perkins looks much better now and I always felt pretty good about Ulis and Ogundele

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
It is tracked. I was just looking at it the other day. Iowa has 26 dunks this year in 18 games.
Do you have a link? I'm curious how this would compare to past years.

Also, for as much as I love Garza, if there's one knock on him from an NBA perspective, it's probably that he doesn't really elevate. He makes up for it skill-wise though.

Last edited:

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Think it's probably okay to still be annoyed with offering the Murray twins, but yeah otherwise the class looks fine. Perkins looks much better now and I always felt pretty good about Ulis and Ogundele
I guess but I'm not under the impression that every recruit needs to be a star. In a couple years we will need some more shooting and they fit that role. It also looks like they are long and can defend there position. I'm good with that as your 4th and 5th recruits. If they continue to develop physically maybe they turn into something more but I like them as role players.

Bob

Reaction score
I guess but I'm not under the impression that every recruit needs to be a star. In a couple years we will need some more shooting and they fit that role. It also looks like they are long and can defend there position. I'm good with that as your 4th and 5th recruits. If they continue to develop physically maybe they turn into something more but I like them as role players.
I guess I just don't see what the rush in offering them was given the lack of interest they had otherwise. They are the lowest profile recruits I think he's signed

douglasbader

Reaction score
I guess I just don't see what the rush in offering them was given the lack of interest they had otherwise. They are the lowest profile recruits I think he's signed
That was always my contention as well and the biggest criticism of it. They clearly, desperately wanted to go to Iowa. There was no serious program that was going to offer and sign them in the fall.

Fran could have simply told Kenyon he was really interested and there was a good shot they might want to offer them in the spring after seeing how their development was coming along. Track them and make a decision in April.

It also would have left open options. What if Iowa makes a deep tourney run and suddenly turns the head of a really good grad transfer or highly ranked high school kid that isn't signed? What if a couple traditional transfers that are better options than the Murray twins happens?

I'm hoping they both turn out to be really solid 6'8'' three point shooters, but still would have made sense to make them wait before you offered them.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Since this is the first thing we have seen from them since November, I looked up their DME team scores.

What a joke of a program for $40k tuition. Nearly every game they play is a 30+ or 40+ point blowout. They aren't getting any benefit of competition.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This year's returning scholarship players + next seasons incoming recruits. Till will obviously not be on scholarship, Pemsl may be gone, Garza may be gone (hopefully not), and there's always the possibility for a surprise. Taking off Till and accounting for one loss (Pemsl) that gets Fran to his 13 with the flexibility of using one of the McCaffery boy's scholarships if he truly landed a big time recruit or transfer. I don't think he would do this, but he could with this team as I don't see much of a need for any of the freshmen guards or wings playing much next season. I could see a need for another post with Garza's uncertainty, Pemsl's shitty play, and Nunge coming off an ACL.

bohannon
Garza
Pemsl
Till
Wieskamp
Nunge
McCaffery
Toussaint
Fredrick
McCaffery
Ulis
Perkins
Ogundele
Murray
Murray

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score
Since this is the first thing we have seen from them since November, I looked up their DME team scores.

What a joke of a program for $40k tuition. Nearly every game they play is a 30+ or 40+ point blowout. They aren't getting any benefit of competition.
That's DME's rep across all sports. They offer -- allegedly -- superior coaching and skill development, the proof of which lies in cupcake blowouts.

Nice work if you can get it.

Bob

Reaction score
They should have come in as walk ons and earned their scholarships
And it's not like this would be without precedent. Baer got one as a sophomore after he proved himself as a legit rotation player and he put Till on one despite him only being on the fringe on the rotation.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
That's DME's rep across all sports. They offer -- allegedly -- superior coaching and skill development, the proof of which lies in cupcake blowouts.

Nice work if you can get it.
Some of their games are online but you have to search until you find the right DME team. I watched about 5 minutes of one of them earlier in the season and it is all around awful basketball. It would be like taking the top 4A team in the state and having them play the worst 1A team.

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score
Some of their games are online but you have to search until you find the right DME team. I watched about 5 minutes of one of them earlier in the season and it is all around awful basketball. It would be like taking the top 4A team in the state and having them play the worst 1A team.
One of my AP Lang kids plays for a good regional soccer club (he's getting low D1 interest now). They played DME last fall, and his observation was "for a sports school, they're not that good."

J1973s

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Checked IMG’s roster and they have 6 players who’ve signed with good programs, two from Duke including the kid from Wisconsin who didn’t play.

Reaction score
Checked IMG’s roster and they have 6 players who’ve signed with good programs, two from Duke including the kid from Wisconsin who didn’t play.
They have several teams and think this was the "Post Grad" team that doesn't have those guys but still several guys headed to d1.