2020 recruiting

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
I understand one is a better shooter and the other is more of a slasher, which one is Keegan?
From what limited info I've been able to glean via highlights and write-ups, they have similar games but Keegan is a little taller and more skilled.

Reaction score
Keegan is a bit taller, sturdier of build and more of a scorer. i think he is a stretch 4 in college, playing in the role Wieskamp does right now.

Kris looks quicker and seems to be a better ballhandler and passer. I think Kris has more potential to be a defender on par with his dad.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
“I try to look out for my teammates and trust in them,” he said. “That’s always been my game. I think that helps. I think they boost their energy off of me. If I’m out there dishing, they are going to reflect off me. I love playing like that and helping my teammates out.”
This is consistent with most Fran players offensively. He seems to put alot of value into guys that understand how to play and are skilled. The few clips I've seen of the Murray twins are the same. They don't force garbage and are pretty good passers. I don't see any Brandon Huttons or Ahmad Wagners that aren't skilled in this bunch. None of them are as limited physically as Fleming or as retarded as Moss. I'm all in.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
ogundele doing doug-approved things against kids 6 inches shorter

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I feel like this class has material that can be worked with, and fits Frans expectations.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
JO looks like the Rutgers big man prototype (they all seemed to be named Shaq). Size that you can’t teach. As long as the kid wants to be successful it seems likely that Fran can teach him skills and finesse.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
JO looks like the Rutgers big man prototype (they all seemed to be named Shaq). Size that you can’t teach. As long as the kid wants to be successful it seems likely that Fran can teach him skills and finesse.
Some if it will just be program expectations. Every big man has at least run to the rim well, so I don’t expect on court effort to be a thing. He looks like he has good hands and feet. I am pretty excited.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I like him more every time I see highlights. The good thing is that Fran can teach him the motor and consistency. What you can't teach is the fuck you aggression he has in those highlights. He is vocal, big, screams and plays tough.

Iowa has had enough quiet pussies to fill a stadium. They need guys like this one who look like they might enjoy beating the shit out of people.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I like him more every time I see highlights. The good thing is that Fran can teach him the motor and consistency. What you can't teach is the fuck you aggression he has in those highlights. He is vocal, big, screams and plays tough.

Iowa has had enough quiet pussies to fill a stadium. They need guys like this one who look like they might enjoy beating the shit out of people.
Yep. He clearly needs to be in better basketball shape, but that will come. I wouldn’t expect much from him next year, though.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Luka has the best hands of any big ever at Iowa. Possibly any player. It's uncanny.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Luka has the best hands of any big ever at Iowa. Possibly any player. It's uncanny.
This.

I think it was Kreiner yesterday that had the ball on the wing and dribbled down to get a passing angle and actually took his man into Garza before turning it over on a bounce pass. Fuck that. Just throw it in, he will grab it. Pass doesn’t need to be perfect.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Also, probably the best motor ever. Probably best player ever. Wish we didn't have the injuries, could have been a special season. Next year hopefully.

Reaction score
From PrepHoops.com coverage of a recent prep school showcase event:

“For DME Blue, 6’8″ Iowa commit Keegan Murray was battling all game long. A very poised and long big man, he has good instincts as a shooter and a driver to the basket. He kept his side in it until very late against Spire Institute. I love the upside that Murray has and if he gets stronger and improves his ballhandling skills a bit, he’ll be a very dangerous Big Ten performer in the fall.”

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score
I'm going full RATTard on Ogundele.

He has the basic skillset Fran looks for in a big, and just needs further polish. Strong kid, good hands, tough, good work ethic.

Foster looks to have good hands, lacks some strength, plays soft, and is less than driven.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm going full RATTard on Ogundele.

He has the basic skillset Fran looks for in a big, and just needs further polish. Strong kid, good hands, tough, good work ethic.

Foster looks to have good hands, lacks some strength, plays soft, and is less than driven.
Foster is kind of a higher rated recruit version of Nunge out of high school. I think Nunge will ultimately be very good at Iowa.

I think the Old Man and Foster could play with each other and Fran could do a ton with the development of both. But Foster fucked up and that's on him, so fuck him.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Foster is kind of a higher rated recruit version of Nunge out of high school. I think Nunge will ultimately be very good at Iowa.

I think the Old Man and Foster could play with each other and Fran could do a ton with the development of both. But Foster fucked up and that's on him, so fuck him.
Exactly. Foster lacks some want to right now, but I think Iowa fans who act like he couldn’t have worked out with Fran are doing some we didn’t want him anyways stuff. I’d still take Foster over anyone else in Iowa’s class. But he’s going to go play for an enabler, so he will get what he deserves

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Exactly. Foster lacks some want to right now, but I think Iowa fans who act like he couldn’t have worked out with Fran are doing some we didn’t want him anyways stuff. I’d still take Foster over anyone else in Iowa’s class. But he’s going to go play for an enabler, so he will get what he deserves
It's pretty tough to know exactly how high to be on a guy that's lazy. He has all the tools, no question.

douglasbader

Reaction score
They both do appear to be skilled and the right handed one especially has an effortless shooting form.

I think the biggest negative is both of them are physically soft as far as their body composition. Kenyon was ripped with wide shoulders and built like a brick shithouse even as a freshman. It's weird seeing both of his sons carrying so much baby fat and having no definition.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
They both do appear to be skilled and the right handed one especially has an effortless shooting form.

I think the biggest negative is both of them are physically soft as far as their body composition. Kenyon was ripped with wide shoulders and built like a brick shithouse even as a freshman. It's weird seeing both of his sons carrying so much baby fat and having no definition.
31 reminds me of Kyle Galloway, if my memory is any good.

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score
the late growth spurt is why they are a little soft. Give them a couple of years and they'll be fine. They look skilled and have good frames. Solid guys to bring off the bench.

Reaction score
They grew 2 inches and added 20-25 pounds in the last several months. Let's see where they are in another 8-9 months.

douglasbader

Reaction score
They grew 2 inches and added 20-25 pounds in the last several months. Let's see where they are in another 8-9 months.
For sure, and hopefully if things go right we won't need to see where they are for another 18-20 months.

Reaction score
In a thread on TOS about possible redshirts next year, Barnstormers said he doesn't see how Perkins won't be in the rotation next year regardless of who is back.

douglasbader

Reaction score
In a thread on TOS about possible redshirts next year, Barnstormers said he doesn't see how Perkins won't be in the rotation next year regardless of who is back.
Make all of us (well, most of us) look stupid for shit talking you Fran!

Would be great if this was the anti-2015 class.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Like the idea of the Murray twins redshirting next year and continuing to work on their game. Outside of any game-related development, they need to turn their bodies into D1 athletes in the weight room. They were born in August and would be 21 their freshman season (if they red shirt) with the potential to be 24 by senior year. The advantage of age/maturity could be a major reason they develop into something more than filler.

I don't see any way that Ulis doesn't RS unless Connor decides to play baseball full time and stop playing basketball (something Kakert was seeding on his podcast this week).

Last edited:

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Like the idea of the Murray twins redshirting next year and continuing to work on their game. Outside of any game-related development, they need to turn their bodies into D1 athletes in the weight room. They were born in August and would be 21 years old their freshman season (if they red shirt) with the potential to be 24 by senior year. The advantage of age/maturity could be a major reason they develop into something more than filler.

I don't see any way that Ullis doesn't RS unless Connor decides to play baseball full time and stop playing basketball (something Kakert was seeding on his podcast this week).

Connor deciding not to be on the team next year would be just ridiculously stupid. Sounds about right that Kakert would float it.