2021 Basketball Recruiting

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
all well and good, but this is like drooling over a mclaren

let's see who fran can actually land

Reaction score
I'm aware he's not going to Iowa. I just think it's funny that the thread started by poking fun at a kid that blew up like this.

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score
halomen should know by now not to complain about a fran early interest

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
A front line of Chet and Patrick going into East Lansing would be....interesting.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Butt whippin
Butt whippin
Butt whippin
Butt whippin

BUTTWHIPPIIIIIIIIIIN
BUTTWHIPPIIIIIIIIIIN

Reaction score
It really feels that as a program, Iowa has paid their skinny white dork dues, and kind of deserves this one.

Last edited:

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
FWIW I am not sure Sandfort could commit to iowa right now. That said I would be surprised if he’s not a husker based on what I heard this weekend.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Who is Sandfort? I’m not DMOFR

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
BTW the guy I was talking to (who is recruiting him for another school) says he’s an elite shooter. And it’s wasnt PJ Fleck.

StinkyMcFadden

Has Seen a Decent Number of Mexican Penises
Reaction score
He looks like an elite shooter in his videos. I've heard he doesn't do much else.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
It will be fun to revisit the Chet posts in five years

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Iowa State is getting more involved in recruiting the Waukee duo.

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score
The one positive thing that the 2020 recruiting flameout that Fran had is that I will never pay more than passing attention to any future Iowa recruiting. It has been 10 years of Kakert or Howe and then Bain articles about how Fran is totally in on 30 different 4* and 5* players and blah blah blah blah....

Fran then somehow pulls out of his ass the nephew of a guy he knows from Kentucky that is lightly recruited and wanted to come in as a greyshirt/redshirt and everyone gets pissed and then forgets about and writes off and out of nowhere suddenly he is better than most 4* players as a freshman.

We all bitch and moan about the Murray Twins and somehow they will end up being All-Big Ten.

Keep winning and I don't care who the fuck Fran gets.

Reaction score
The one positive thing that the 2020 recruiting flameout that Fran had is that I will never pay more than passing attention to any future Iowa recruiting. It has been 10 years of Kakert or Howe and then Bain articles about how Fran is totally in on 30 different 4* and 5* players and blah blah blah blah....

Fran then somehow pulls out of his ass the nephew of a guy he knows from Kentucky that is lightly recruited and wanted to come in as a greyshirt/redshirt and everyone gets pissed and then forgets about and writes off and out of nowhere suddenly he is better than most 4* players as a freshman.

We all bitch and moan about the Murray Twins and somehow they will end up being All-Big Ten.

Kakert and Co. haven't got a clue when it comes to recruiting. They blather on and on but have zero insight.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Kakert and Co. haven't got a clue when it comes to recruiting. They blather on and on but have zero insight.
I sort of don't blame them, mostly because it doesn't seem that Fran really has any clue when it comes to recruiting a lot of times lately.

He is chasing these 4*/5* guys and letting himself get led on (as he sort of has to do) and then grabbing the actual players that sign after recruiting them for a few weeks.

Fran has to be better at closing, but he no doubt has an eye for talent (except for the horrendous 2014/2015 classes).

douglasbader

Reaction score
What is the math again for 2020/2021?

1 open scholarship with Kreiner / Evelyn done and Till likely coming off scholarship. That makes 4 open spots for 5 signees. My guess is Pemsl gets sent packing. Fran might let Till keep his scholarship and put one of his kids off but I doubt it.

Then the following year it would be Bohannon and Garza gone for sure. So I guess they will sign 2-3 players for the 2021 class.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Connor will go off scholarship on my opinion. I don’t know if there would be any consideration to the fact that he would likely be in grad school instead of undergrad.

Insert in state tuition jokes here.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score

"Stars don't matter" takes way less time to type.

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score
Hard to fault that. If he has the credits to graduate, and he wants to enjoy the pay and the lifestyle of being a stud on a first division euro team, and, assuming he's single, bang models like the ones in this ad, why the hell not.

(the abarth is a riot on the track -- though the position is way too upright and the pedal reach is a joke, but that's kind of the point -- but, it is still a "hairdressers car;" Haloman would not be caught dead in one)

douglasbader

Reaction score
Luka is playing at national player of the year level, but we are 10 games in. He isn't going anywhere unless he gets a 1st round promise.

He isn't going anywhere.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I do absolutely think he will do the NBA Draft process this year.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score

1 open scholarship with Kreiner / Evelyn done and Till likely coming off scholarship. That makes 4 open spots for 5 signees. My guess is Pemsl gets sent packing. Fran might let Till keep his scholarship and put one of his kids off but I doubt it.

Then the following year it would be Bohannon and Garza gone for sure. So I guess they will sign 2-3 players for the 2021 class.
Bluder showing interest.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This made me LOL:

...I will never pay more than passing attention to any future Iowa recruiting.
3 posts (31 minutes) later:

:roll:@douglasbader
That qualifies as passing attention for me. I'm talking about giving a shit who the recruits are until they actually commit.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

CamelTones

Reaction score
Frans recruiting approach is probably fine for what Iowa is. Fans just have to understand seasons like 2 years ago will happen every now and then because of it.

Last edited:

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Since Goat is too lazy to do it himself, I’ll fire it up. We’ve gotta have one eventually.

LATFG!!!!!
This dude had 12 blocks while blowing out the #2 team in the country tonight. Didn’t realize he plays with Jalen Suggs.