2021 Basketball Recruiting

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I don’t know how this Bayless dude hasn’t fouled out yet.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
DeVries biggest mouth breather ever.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I'll take a billion shooters given how basketball is today. You are fucked if you don't have at least 3-4 shooters.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I'll take a billion shooters given how basketball is today. You are fucked if you don't have at least 3-4 shooters.
But yet you don’t think they should find room for a 40% three point shooter in Carton?

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
But yet you don’t think they should find room for a 40% three point shooter in Carton?
Nobody is denying he is really good, but the making room is difficult and potentially shitty.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Let me be clear, IF they could find a place for Carton, sure. With that said Iowa already is going into next year with 5 or 6 shooters.

bohannon, Wieskamp, Fredrick can be or are elite to very good shooters. Garza is good. Nunge is good. Even Connor improved a lot and Patrick can shoot.

Reaction score
Junior year highlights for Yaya Keita.

I watched one his games from the season and was unimpressed, but he must have been sick or injured, because he didn’t play like this. I previously thought Iowa might be cooling on him, but this is a kid with a lot of upside.

Reaction score
Details on Gabe Wiznitzer:
  • 6-11
  • Plays for perennial powerhouse Hargrave Military Academy
  • Has offers from Clemson, LSU, Nebrantska, Penn St, Depaul and others
  • Is technically eligible to be in the 2020 class, but is planning on being in the 2021 class. Said he could change that if the right offer came along

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Just when you didn’t think Fran could do it again, he rolls out an offer to a Wiznitzer.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Junior year highlights for Yaya Keita.

I watched one his games from the season and was unimpressed, but he must have been sick or injured, because he didn’t play like this. I previously thought Iowa might be cooling on him, but this is a kid with a lot of upside.
Too springy. Do not want.

Reaction score
Junior year highlights for Emarion Ellis, formerly of Davenport Central and now at Assumption. No offers yet, but a talented kid Iowa has been tracking.

He shot 26% from 3 as a junior, so that’s obviously an area that needs improving. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him eventually get some high major offers. The Iowa football staff is also keeping an eye on him and had him in for a visit.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The Davenport schools seem like they’re in a different state. You could call it Davenport Jefferson High and I’d trust you that it existed.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
The Davenport schools seem like they’re in a different state. You could call it Davenport Jefferson High and I’d trust you that it existed.
You didn’t grow up in a dirty Mississippi River town? I’m the same way with Cedar Rapids schools. I’ve heard of them, but no idea where they are located or if I could even name them all.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
In a recent interview with a national recruiting analyst, it sounded like Iowa and Providence are the two schools he’s most interested in currently.

This would be perfect. With the Garza comparisons I feel like Iowa’s best shot is to bring him in and let him work with Luka for a year. Just feels like Iowa’s chances are going to go down the longer his recruitment goes and the ore offers that come his way

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
This would be perfect. With the Garza comparisons I feel like Iowa’s best shot is to bring him in and let him work with Luka for a year. Just feels like Iowa’s chances are going to go down the longer his recruitment goes and the ore offers that come his way
Stay back Colorado and South Dakota schools of mines!