2021 Basketball Recruiting

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I was fairly concerned about Stanford offering him. He is an exceptional student and very intelligent. The question is whether or not they offered too late with everything that’s going on.

UVA was another but they never pulled the trigger with an offer.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
If you read the thread yes. Kid from Davenport that the Iowa staff is following and could end up with an offer

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Should I know who that is?
It’s alright. I also follow this thread and have no clue who he is. Like Doug, though, it’s only a passing interest these days.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Emarion Ellis from Davenport Assumption picked up a Texas offer today. Seems like an odd one.

Big time scoop. Not sure why today's posts didn't show initially...

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
There are not open gyms or tournaments either right now, what the hell did Texas see to all of the sudden offer him?

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
There are not open gyms or tournaments either right now, what the hell did Texas see to all of the sudden offer him?
There are tournaments all over.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Yeah, there are lots and lots of tournaments going on right now.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Smart by him. Shaka must have been blown away by video of him recently. Not even a Drake or UNI offer.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Sure but little different when you're Texas taking this kid from Iowa with no real profile compared to Fran taking a couple local legacy kids at Iowa.
I think that is going to happen over and over this year and maybe even some of next year. Lots of kids didn't get seen by scouts or coaches all spring and summer, and if they did it was limited or luck. Evaluations being made over a shitty internet stream on a 15 inch screen or smaller or packaged highlights. Going to be what looks like reaches on kids.

Think how many kids every year seem to come out of nowhere in July/August and then sign with a high major a few months later, and vice versa how many kids that looked awesome as Sophomores stop growing and don't develop.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Thankfully for Iowa they only have maybe 2 kids to sign and they pretty much know exactly who they want, and if they do have to get someone and rely on evaluation, Fran is good at jumping on kids early that others ignore.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Jesus. Pitino clearly still has pull in that state, even at Iona.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
That Texas offer earned Ellis 4 stars and a top 100 ranking. :icon_rolleyes:

eclone

Reaction score
Bain with an update from the Waukee kids

Sounds like DeVries is looking hard at ISU and Sandfort is pushing toward Iowa or Stanford. A big class might be slipping through Drake's fingers.

thrawn

Reaction score
Sandfort was never going to Drake but I thought there was a 30% chance at DeVries, that is probably more like 3%.

Last edited:

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Not sure why it’s not being reported but Devries has some other big offers out there including Creighton and Florida. He also has some big boys sniffing around.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Or I could read the article.

most people think Sandfort is going to Iowa. He wants to go to a big school in a top conference.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I've said before I think Devries is the better prospect. I only watched two of his games but he appeared to be the go to guy and was much more versatile than Sandfort.

On the other hand I also said I thought Sandfort belonged at Drake so I probably don't know shit.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
So is Iowa not recruiting Devries because they want a big in the class?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Serious question.... if you are woke Jordan bohannon that seems to love and desire the stage so he can have a voice, if the season is delayed and the NCAA does what they did with football not counting the year against any players, do you come back for the following year as well and shatter and destroy the 3 point records for all time?

Hawk4Life25

LIAR and SCUMBAG
Reaction score
Based on what I saw last year I think Sandfort is the better shooter but Tanner is a better all-around player.

eclone

Reaction score
Based on what I saw last year I think Sandfort is the better shooter but Tanner is a better all-around player.
DeVries was more impressive the two games I saw. But Sandfort looks to have the bigger upside with his height and shooting skills

Reaction score
A farmer is concerned that all 3 of his daughters are going on a date tonight. He decided he'll greet each man who shows up tonight with his shotgun in hand.

The first man to ring the doorbell greets the farmer with, "Hi, my names Joe. I'm here for Flo. We're going to see the show. Is she ready to go?"

The farmer likes this fellow and sends Joe and Flo off.

The second man to show up says, "Hello, I'm Eddy. I'm looking for Betty. We're gonna go eat some spaghetti. Is she ready?"

The farmer decides this guys okay too so off they go.

The third man rings the doorbell says, "Hey, my name's Tucker...."

And the farmer shot him.