**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Yeah, hate to keep being head shaking over this, but won't be shocked if a few years from now we get the article on how a bunch of Iowa fans were bilked out of a bunch of money. He paid his time back for the previous shit, but always have to be wary. I'm surprised the thing with selling the peacock t-shirts and supposed to give the proceeds to charity but never did hasn't come up yet.
I have no doubt this is true but where did you get this info?

Edit: How does Frank have so much free time to attend games, train Luka, etc?

Reaction score
I'm not seeing it with Rebraca. He lacks strength and isn't athletic. Defensively, he'd get worked by legit Big Ten bigs. He's the type of kid who puts up numbers at a mid-major because he's 6-9 and has actual post moves.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
You’ve been in HaLo for this long and are surprised some lawyers are eccentric? We have an attorney who blows hobos posting here.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm not seeing it with Rebraca. He lacks strength and isn't athletic. Defensively, he'd get worked by legit Big Ten bigs. He's the type of kid who puts up numbers at a mid-major because he's 6-9 and has actual post moves.
I fully understand how stupid this sounds, but based off his name alone I really expected something different than what his highlight videos show.

Reaction score
People are asking why Robbins retweeted the hiring of an assistant coach at Tennessee. Robbins knew the coach from their time spent at Sunrise Christian Academy.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
So is Robbins still a package deal with his uncle assistant coach?

Reaction score
I just watched a couple highlights on YouTube. He’s got some skill and not a stiff. They haven’t offered him yet. If we got Robbins, I think he’d be a solid option as the 2nd big to backup 4/5.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Honorable mention Summit League? No thanks Rebecca. Robbins would be great though.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Frans recruiting is pretty odd. Fans get excited about potential bigger name guys, out of nowhere he lands players like Murray, bohannon and Frederick.

Like others the guy from North Dakota doesn’t really excite me but if Fran thinks he’s good enough then I assume he is.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I have no idea how this works but the bidding already appears to be over $8,000.
If his career is over, you just legally paid a kid to play college ball.

If he becomes a star, you are more rich than your previous level of rich that allowed you to spend 8k on an NFT of a long shot NBA player.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Okay so this is basically like a silent auction at a charity event. Highest bidder gets to:
- Meet Luka
- Play him in a game of HORSE
- Meditate with him
- Dinner and a movie
- Autographed shoes from game he passed Marble
- Lifetime VIP pass to future bball camps
- Signed card by Luka that is 1 of only 1

I guess the card could go crazy high in value if he becomes Michael Jordan, but is that about it? I’m actually great with him getting compensated for this. Mildly annoyed by his dad pimping it out like a used car dealer, but whatever. Good for Luka.

Last edited:

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Okay so this is basically like a silent auction at a charity event. Highest bidder gets to:
- Meet Luka
- Play him in a game of HORSE
- Meditate with him
- Dinner and a movie
- Autographed shoes from game he passed Marble
- Lifetime VIP pass to future bball camps
- Signed card by Luka that is 1 of only 1

I guess the card could go crazy high in value if he becomes Michael Jordan, but is that about it? I’m actually great with him getting compensated for this. Mildly annoyed by his dad pimping it out like a used car dealer, but whatever. Good for Luka.
Does the NFT have to be purchased with crypto?

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I wish Luka all the best and I hope he makes a pile of money in his lifetime. That said, I have no interest in his NFT or anything of that nature.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I just watched a couple highlights on YouTube. He’s got some skill and not a stiff. They haven’t offered him yet. If we got Robbins, I think he’d be a solid option as the 2nd big to backup 4/5.
I think he could legitimately score at the Big Ten level. Not sure about his defense though.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Liam, Patrick, Murray and Perkins would be a pretty good start defensively. If they could get another plus level backcourt player they could be pretty damn good.
What have you seen out of Patrick that makes you think he is a good defender? He also rebounds like a bitch.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
He was at least close enough to get dunked on a couple times which is a slight improvement over some of his peers.
He's about as good as Baer was at defense. Lots of help side blocks, but pretty awful in every other aspect of defense.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
He's about as good as Baer was at defense. Lots of help side blocks, but pretty awful in every other aspect of defense.
Fair enough. I still think that lineup could be a solid (top 30) defensive team with another good guard.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
There was a play late in the season when Iowa was in zone. Joe T was pointing and yelling at Patrick for well over 5 seconds to watch the guy in the corner, the only person anywhere close to Patrick. The guy got an easy backdoor cut behind Patrick with a wide open dunk/layup while Patrick watched from outside the paint.

Patrick has some good skills, playing defense isn't one of them right now.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Does Luka have an agent that is someone other than Frank and/or Hawkeye Elvis?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I'd rather have Keegan at the 3 and Patrick at the 4 but what do I know other than nothing?

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Yesefu to KU

Fran asleep at the wheel