**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Yesefu to KU

Fran asleep at the wheel
Shawnee gotta Shawnee.

Fran won't recruit over two kids. The guy is loyal to a fault -- but that's also why his team loves him. No way he grabs a PG over Ahron and Joe.

We'll get some pasty bigs, maybe a wing if JoeW is committed to getting paid (in Europe).

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Shawnee gotta Shawnee.

Fran won't recruit over two kids. The guy is loyal to a fault -- but that's also why the team loves him. No way he grabs a PG over Joe and Ahron.

We'll get some pasty bigs, maybe a wing if JoeW is committed to getting paid (in Europe).
Most important, Kansas is paying infinitely more.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
It was near 8200 last night. Not sure how it goes down but the bid numbers are the same I think

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Not many Iowa fans into this I guess

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
It appears the bids are in ethereum, therefore the dollar exchange rate would change based on market conditions.
This is correct. You a coin havin fuck? I don’t recall your participation in the coin thread

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
This would seem to suggest that these players won’t make shit.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This would seem to suggest that these players won’t make shit.
Who would have thought that you actually have to prove something in the NBA to become a valuable commodity to anyone other than a rabid, cultish fan of a good but not great college basketball team?

thrawn

Reaction score
I don’t think most players would earn shit, but an auction after finishing eligibility doesn’t prove much. He’s exhausted his value to anyone who cares.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I don’t think most players would earn shit, but an auction after finishing eligibility doesn’t prove much. He’s exhausted his value to anyone who cares.
Agreed here. Had he done this during the tourney and it got $10K, we’d have a marker.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
He should have just set up a GoFundMe or something like that. Then Sandy from Winterset could send him $25 and thank him for the memories.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Can you only bid in coin? If so that seems less likely to get Iowa fan to donate

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I am thinking about bidding. I’ve spend 10k on way dumber shit than this.

hawkstud44

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I mean there's someone bidding 8k already for a digital picture and a movie with a Luka. He can make money off of other things if he can sell this for 8k.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
The list of people will or able to buy shit from luka fucking Garza is a very short list. And those few aren’t repeatedly buying different stuff.

hawkstud44

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The list of people will or able to buy shit from luka fucking Garza is a very short list. And those few aren’t repeatedly buying different stuff.
He could have made money in Iowa City off advertisements etc during his career.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
I can’t imagine listening to miller’s podcast. He’s awful

Revolver

Reaction score
Of all the Iowa Podcasts I have ever listened to, the only one that I would consider “not awful” is the LockedOn Hawkeyes.

Revolver

Reaction score
How can he really think Caitlyn Clark is going to pile together $100k/year starring in ads for Linder Tire Service and the like?

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
He thinks they’ll make a bunch from social media. I told him he’s crazy.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I would imagine that caitlin could make quite a bit via IG or YT due to the number of views her content would get. Bueckers was well known since junior high due to her training regimen.

YT content is all my kids watch on TV. The guys producing it are loaded.

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
That said, do you think people realize one of the main reasons why female athletes have such big followings on social? No male is going to try to publicly explain it to them. Hint: it’s not because of untapped demand for women’s athletics.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
you guys realize there are a lot of people on the internet who aren’t thirsty middle aged men, right? she has 45k insta followers which is pretty good for 19 yo who isn’t sexualized much if at all
Of course, but I just don’t buy the idea of her (or any college WBB player) making a bunch of money on her likeness from those 45k followers unless she gets something from a major company. Only one WNBA player makes over 220K this year. No idea what they make in endorsements but I suspect it’s not a huge market

I know some of the major stars make a few million but it’s a small number of athletes

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
The Cavinder twins have 2.8 million followers on Tik Tok. These athletes can make plenty on social media.