**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

demmert4

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I agree, but LOL at the sticking to 1 transfer.
The worst decision made was not having this season count towards eligibility. There was no reason to do that unless a player opted out of the season for covid concerns. Giving everyone a free year was dumb as hell and has led to this transfer mess being worse than it was already going to be.

And there was nothing wrong with the transfer rule other than the inconsistency of the waiver. So instead of addressing the inconsistency they blow up the system and will still have the same issues with the waivers. Great work.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
The fan reaction to this is almost as bad as the Foster meltdown a few years ago. Next year was going to be a bit of a reset year anyhow. I'm actually excited about watching a whole new team that has zero expectations.

Iowa lost two guys with chronic injury problems to the transfer portal. The odds were sky high one or both will continue to be injury plagued for the rest of their careers.
Exactly.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
The difference being the Pelicans and Rockets at least get something in return. Iowa gets nothing but an open roster spot. They can’t compete on salary etc. to try and land an Adam Miller type. They have to recruit a guy that was at North Dakota.
Also the fact that the CJ Fredricks, Joseph Yesufus, Adam Millers of the world have no business being compared to Anthony Davis and James Harden. The NBA has the stars of the stars force their way out mid contract. The NCAA now has solid starters jumping ship. Not comparable.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Good luck with having Coach Calipari work around his chronic foot issues when he's got several more athletic and younger guards waiting on minutes.

He's going to soon find out that if he's not playing at Kentucky, no one gives a shit he's there

Reaction score
The fact that all of his former teammates essentially have turned their backs on him leads me to believe he had quit the second he got re-injured. He got really out of shape and couldn’t play effectively when they needed him too, and they are pissed about it.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
nolook sounds like every Chicago and Philadelphia fan in 1947. You know - back when sports were never part of politics.

Just like this no-politics guy:

And this one:

And these guys certainly weren't social justice warriors:

Fuck off with your tired comments. Sports have always been at the forefront of political change in this country.
doesn't seem very tolerant of you, Comrade. I thought you lads were tolerant of other's views. My bad.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
JBO, JoeW and CJ were all tremendous pussies.

I'm excited to see Perkins, Ulis and the Murrays play a shitload of minutes.

As long as the new guys all try and don't turtle into a puddle of hot piss, it will be far more enjoyable to watch.
Ulis is legit just got stuck behind JBo.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
JBO, JoeW and CJ were all tremendous pussies.

I'm excited to see Perkins, Ulis and the Murrays play a shitload of minutes.

As long as the new guys all try and don't turtle into a puddle of hot piss, it will be far more enjoyable to watch.
lol......good for you! I'd admire your willful rejection of reality!

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
nolook sounds like every Chicago and Philadelphia fan in 1947. You know - back when sports were never part of politics.

Fuck off with your tired comments. Sports have always been at the forefront of political change in this country.
I've said something like this before, but one of my issues with all this stuff is that I think a lot of these current guys see themselves as continuing on the legacy of the people in the pictures you posted.

I'm completely good with sports figures using their influence to push policies they believe in, and throughout history that has done a lot of good. But you know the Jordan Bohannons of the world think they're a modern day Jackie Robinson or Muhammad Ali. Like years ago when Adrian Peterson called playing in the NFL modern day slavery. Or a million other recent examples both in and out of sports where I think people believe they're going to get their picture in history books.

Or maybe I'm just a dinosaur and I'm wrong.

Transfer, that's fine. And earn money off your likeness like I've said 100x, but I won't be surprised when viewership goes down.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
The guys that produced the #1 offense in the country are leaving but the guys that played a couple minutes every few games are back and will be far more enjoyable to watch!

This is why you guys should never make fun of cyclonefanatic.

Reaction score
Losing Fredrick is not the main issue, he was injured and obviously had his eyes on other options. As others have noted, not sure his career at Kentucky will go like he thinks. He was fun to watch when healthy.

The team will look a lot different next year. Hoping Ulis sticks around, seems there is a path to minutes.

The two incoming Freshman will not be big impact players. Is there a team worse than Iowa in the Big Ten next year? Minnesota or Penn State?

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
The guys that produced the #1 offense in the country are leaving but the guys that played a couple minutes every few games are back and will be far more enjoyable to watch!

Yeah. This team was fun as fuck to watch on offense, mostly because when they had the ball they scored a lot. That's one of my main requirements.

Sucks to lose Garza, Wieskamp and CJ.

I'll stand by not wanting bohannon back, however. He's not as good as he was during his third sophomore year or whatever it was pre surgeries and he's annoying and likely to cause issues.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score

College kids graduate. College kids go pro early. The two kids most responsible for the #1 offense in the country, Luka and Joe, were likely gone anyhow. Jordan wasn't even supposed to be on the squad this year. Let's not act like the whole starting five staged a mass exodus because they hate Fran.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Can someone explain the new transfer rule to me? I haven't been paying attention. Everyone gets 1 free transfer no questions asked? Can they transfer a 2nd time?

Reaction score
TK says he told Fran on Friday that the rumors weren’t true. Sunday he told him he was leaving

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
Some photo shop dude needs to get busy with this. CJ on the left, Fran on the right and Calipari in the middle.

thrawn

Reaction score
Can someone explain the new transfer rule to me? I haven't been paying attention. Everyone gets 1 free transfer no questions asked? Can they transfer a 2nd time?
Anyone who transfers is immediately eligible if it’s his first transfer. Additional transfers can still appeal for immediate eligibility.

Pinehawk

Regina Douche
Reaction score
This really sucks. But, we knew coming out of the NCAA tournament that this team needed to be rebuilt.
Next year will be rough, but now we have some flexibility to go in a different direction.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I can just picture Red-Faced Fran dictating that to the social media coordinator.
The social media coordinator tried to think of a nice way to put the rest of it into a statement, but just decided to cut it out instead.

Reaction score
His pinned tweet is still his commitment tweet about a dream come true. Uncle Joe appears to have deleted his status that Doug posted earlier.