**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Yeah, hard to call the first one a sucker punch when so many people had their phones out recording it because they thought something was about to happen.
I mean, from what I could see, it looked like Jordan's friends tried to pull him away and he pushed through them to go talk more shit. I'd say the punch was more than deserved at that point.

Knee to the head was definitely unnecessary and dangerous though.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Every time I see a cop I get my phone out and start recording. Better safe than sorry

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
A friend of mine got his jaw broken in IC after being kicked in the face when he was already down. That shit is super dangerous

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
thought the rumor was former isu fb player
Former ISU football player. Jordan had his phone in the face of a former Oregon football player. Should be pretty easy for people to figure out who since this happened in Iowa City.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
He's the vicim, some dudes should go to jail, and the clock on "you're going to get your ass kicked someday", which he has definitely been told at least 600 times in life, finally ran out.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
I agree with Buffett, today is the day I discovered I am past the age of enjoying watching a guy get laid out.
I don't know that I have ever enjoyed it. As a 42 year old in 2021, I can only think of the potential long-term effects of the head injury.

I have never understood either side a fight like this: the guy whose self actualization is so fractured that someone else's words become a challenge to his entire sense of self, or the guy whose douchiness eggs that guy on.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Am I looking at a different video? It looks like the guy on Jbo's left comes up from behind taps him on the shoulder and acts like he is trying to calm things down then all the sudden punches him. How is that not a sucker punch?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Former ISU football player. Jordan had his phone in the face of a former Oregon football player. Should be pretty easy for people to figure out who since this happened in Iowa City.
the Clone punched him? looked like the ultimate cheap shot. Who kneed him?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Ebert? Who was the iowa state guy? Can’t think of any ICW guys who played for ISU that age other than Rogers.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Pancheros in Cedar Falls has the shittiest, slowest service in the existence of fast food. I refuse to go there.

Jimmy John's is fast, but I typically don't go there because they aren't very good.
Pancheros fucking sucks in both CF and Waterloo. I've been there maybe 5 times in the past 5 years, but at the point that it sucks every time you start to think it isn't just bad luck

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
It seems like he was asking for it. However, it also seems like they went a bit too far. Hard to really say much, that was poor camera work.

Either way, I’m finding it hard to care about any of this.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Pancheros fucking sucks in both CF and Waterloo. I've been there maybe 5 times in the past 5 years, but at the point that it sucks every time you start to think it isn't just bad luck
When are you going to learn and get the fuck OUT of that pisshole town?

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Is that Marinelli in the suit clearing everyone out at the end?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Is that Marinelli in the suit clearing everyone out at the end?
There was a big wedding over the weekend that ended up downtown after the reception ended. So doubtful. Might actually be the member of HaLo.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Oh shoot didn't know that's what you meant. My memory was you loved Cedar Falls as a "home base" type of spot given the selection of housing, things to do and great people.
Your memory is serving your poorly.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
According to this guy, Iowa lost the #4 and #17 transfer this off-season. Ouchie.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Honestly, one I’ll give you. Two, maybe. But if you’ve gotten into 3+ fights as an adult, even if you won them all, you’re probably a giant DOUCHE

All of my fist fights were before 30. I'm a slow maturer.