**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
It’s got a red coloring to it.

I’m not sure which is more annoying to read. The people saying he deserved it or the people that say if it was a Clone hit by an Iowa player they would still call it assault and they need to take a break from Twitter.

You’re not taking a break from Twitter.
lulz

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
It’s got a red coloring to it.

I’m not sure which is more annoying to read. The people saying he deserved it or the people that say if it was a Clone hit by an Iowa player they would still call it assault and they need to take a break from Twitter.

You’re not taking a break from Twitter.
Almost as annoying as the people who allude to knowing more about this incident and throughout every step continue to be evasive and post vague information.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
The chatter in the video sounds like everyone within 100 feet knew what was coming. Everyone except for JBo, that is.

It looked kind of cheap but you can’t hear what is being said. Maybe JBo goaded the dude that swung first.

The videographer was terrible. Amateur hour.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
The chatter in the video sounds like everyone within 100 feet knew what was coming. Everyone except for JBo, that is.

It looked kind of cheap but you can’t hear what is being said. Maybe JBo goaded the dude that swung first.

the guy weighs 240 pounds that hit him. Whats bohannon, 175, max? Kind of cheap?

Czarcasm

Reaction score

JBo knew it was coming too and he tried to scare them off by videoing the impending punch.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
Needed a better angle. Should have climbed a nearby light pole.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

It looked kind of cheap but you can’t hear what is being said. Maybe JBo goaded the dude that
Takes a special kind of loser to be goaded into cold-cocking someone at a bar. Maybe I’m in the minority here, but there’s nothing any drunk guy at a bar could say to me that would make me punch them in the face. So some drunk loser tells me he could screw my girlfriend or sick Mom, that I sucked as a student athlete, or anything else. They are just stupid words that mean nothing. Same type of person who knocks knuckles with their buddy when the other guy backs down and walks out.

I’ve just never understood people who can’t keep their cool in such stupid circumstances. Probably the same type of idiot that would send a drunk shit talking email to a faculty member or coworker —simply a person who doesn’t value the consequences of their actions.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It would be a little different if the bald (maybe he just has light hair, I can't tell) guy threw the punch.

Reaction score
Takes a special kind of loser to be goaded into cold-cocking someone at a bar. Maybe I’m in the minority here, but there’s nothing any drunk guy at a bar could say to me that would make me punch them in the face. So some drunk loser tells me he could screw my girlfriend or sick Mom, that I sucked as a student athlete, or anything else. They are just stupid words that mean nothing. Same type of person who knocks knuckles with their buddy when the other guy backs down and walks out.

I’ve just never understood people who can’t keep their cool in such stupid circumstances. Probably the same type of idiot that would send a drunk shit talking email to a faculty member or coworker —simply a person who doesn’t value the consequences of their actions.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
whats to know? bohannon had a phone in his hand and his other hand is down when the former ISU D lineman from Valley cheap shot him. Did the guy feel threatened by the 165 pound kid from Linn Mar who prolly was never in a fight in his life?
This inclusion gave me a sensible chuckle.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
whats to know? bohannon had a phone in his hand and his other hand is down when the former ISU D lineman from Valley cheap shot him. Did the guy feel threatened by the 165 pound kid from Linn Mar who prolly was never in a fight in his life?
I know of Nick Kron but I don't think he'd have any reason to be in Iowa city

Czarcasm

Reaction score
it's not really an asskicking if you only have one person fighting, but it's the first Cyclone win over Iowa in years so I guess Jamie can celebrate.
'Maybe next time little noodle arm boy will think twice about running his mouth against big tough guys' sure seems like something you'd support.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I was 24 the last time I stepped foot in DCs. I felt old for the crowd. Can't imagine being a college football burnout and spending my night there.
Were the football dudes part of the wedding party that's been mentioned? That would make more sense. Otherwise, I can imagine any good reason to be at that type of place out of college.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the guard that wanted to come to Iowa that Fran had to tell no because CJ fucked him over.

22. Jalen Pickett, 6-4, 202 lbs., PG, Jr., Siena

Committed to Penn State
Pickett actually had the worst statistical season of his career this past season, dropping to 12.9 points and 4.8 assists after going for at least 15 points and six assists in each of his first two seasons at Siena. But he has size and shooting ability, and he can really pass.

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the guard that wanted to come to Iowa that Fran had to tell no because CJ fucked him over.

Committed to Penn State
Pickett actually had the worst statistical season of his career this past season, dropping to 12.9 points and 4.8 assists after going for at least 15 points and six assists in each of his first two seasons at Siena. But he has size and shooting ability, and he can really pass.
Is this based off actual information or are you just guessing? Pickett's commitment to PSU wasn't announced until almost a week after CJ told Fran he was leaving.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Committed to Penn State
Straight up trade for Michael Baer?