2022 Basketball Recruiting

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
We offered him in football.

It's kind of unfair right now. Iowa State gets to reap the bounty of the players TJ was recruiting at UNLV and Iowa is stuck recruiting the players that Fran was recruiting to iowa.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
We offered him in football.

It's kind of unfair right now. Iowa State gets to reap the bounty of the players TJ was recruiting at UNLV and Iowa is stuck recruiting the players that Fran was recruiting to iowa.
I believe he was offered by both basketball and football by Iowa.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I believe he was offered by both basketball and football by Iowa.
He had both basketball and football offers from Iowa, ISU, and Minnesota. Plus football offers from Notre Dame, Stanford, PSU, Nebrantska and Missouri.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rivals article on Kyle Filipowski

"It’s clear that Filipowski deserves to slide up the 2022 rankings. He’ll do so when those refresh in May. What’s not clear, however, is where he may land for college. He seems to hold a special affinity for Iowa as things stand now, but it’s much too early to think the Hawkeyes hold any sort of significant lead."

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

"It’s clear that Filipowski deserves to slide up the 2022 rankings. He’ll do so when those refresh in May. What’s not clear, however, is where he may land for college. He seems to hold a special affinity for Iowa as things stand now, but it’s much too early to think the Hawkeyes hold any sort of significant lead."
Sounds like Iowa is the perfect bridesmaid for Kyle

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score

“With Iowa, I talk to coach [Fran] McCaffery. He just tells me everything that I love. He says I can come there and play my game with a lot of freedom. He talks about how the team he has is a family and how Iowa has so much to offer academically and athletically.”

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
He looks like a legitimate stud other than the fact that he seems to be jumping in the air when he shoots the basketball.

Edit: This isn't the guy who's video I watched earlier in the week that was a white jumping bean. This appears to be a run of the mill white who Oregon and teams like them would eat alive. Thank you and god bless.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
He looks like a legitimate stud other than the fact that he seems to be jumping in the air when he shoots the basketball.

Edit: This isn't the guy who's video I watched earlier in the week that was a white jumping bean. This appears to be a run of the mill white who Oregon and teams like them would eat alive. Thank you and god bless.
Seriously? This guy appears to be more similar to a Mac McClung type than a run of the mill Iowa Basketball white.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
What in the hell took them so long to offer that kid? Highlights (I know I know) are more impressive than Sandfort’s.
To be fair to Sandfort, highlight videos don't really highlight elite shooting.

Reaction score
What in the hell took them so long to offer that kid? Highlights (I know I know) are more impressive than Sandfort’s.
And it's not like Dix is an unknown. He had 32 going head-to-head with Hunter Sallis back in January. Sallis is the #6 players in the country in the 2021 class and headed to Gonzaga.

My guess is they thought they stood well with Jaden Schutt. However, it now seems like Schutt will end up in East Lansing.

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score
I knew exactly what I was saying. Acting like this dude is a basic unathetlic stiff like bohannon is ridiculous. This guy has some bounce.
Agreed. I’d argue that Dix is as far away from Mcclung on the athletic spectrum as he is bohannon.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

you typically need at least 2 Dix at a time to slow down penetration like that.

Reaction score
Iowa isn’t recruiting Braeden Moore any longer, according to this article.