2022 Basketball Recruiting

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Also it was a really dead period for Iowa recruiting and we were super excited to get a 4* recruit. The guy was the #50 recruit in his class but people expected him to play like a lottery pick.
It was more the UNC offer and beating Roy than anything else. Hell, Connor was a 4 star but anyone that saw him play in HS was not excited about him committing

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
My position on Woody was always clear. I am on the right side of history. I was leading the witness so to speak for Hans to reveal himself as IowaFan or an actual knowledgeable Iowa bball fan.
Huh? I said I'd take a guy like Woodbury on this team, stupid.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It was more the UNC offer and beating Roy than anything else. Hell, Connor was a 4 star but anyone that saw him play in HS was not excited about him committing
how the fuck did you watch Christian Williams play basketball and not get excited about Connor?

He was a key part of our turnaround. I just don’t think his body cooperated.

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm not sure how this kid isn't at least top 50-75 in 2022. He has an uncanny ability to drive and finish; he utilizes jumping off either foot, contorting his body, and finishing with either hand. In this video he's mostly doing it against set defenses too, not fast break. He is athletic enough to get by people but also can change up the pace to get the defender out of position. He's high level. I honestly can't remember the last Iowa guard who could do everything Bowen shows in this video. He also seems to have decent vision, making the right read finding dump offs or kick outs when help defense comes. The form on his jump shot looks fine, and his shooting percentages from the EYBL circuit (small sample size) are good. This kid looks like the real deal, he could end up the best guard of the Fran era.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I wish Joe Toussaint good luck at whatever school he decides to transfer to out East next year after he sees this video.
Dasonte is already the player Joe wants to be

Last edited:

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I thought Petras was everyone's scapegoat but I guess Iowa just has shitty fans
No, Clitty, I'm saying that the Dasonte does a lot of the same things that Joe does, but a good bit better (at the same stage -- plus, El Clave had no perimeter jump shot to speak of as a HS senior).

That's not a slag on Joe. He's a decent pg. But the talent difference is pretty clear.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I thought Petras was everyone's scapegoat but I guess Iowa just has shitty fans
If anything, Joe is overrated with many fans. He's quick and strong and not white- unfortunately he's out of control and can't shoot.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Joe is an uptempo, full court press all the time type point guard. He’s not great as a lead guard in the half court. There are game situations where he’s very valuable like at Purdue when you’re trying to press your way back into the game.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Joe is an uptempo, full court press all the time type point guard. He’s not great as a lead guard in the half court. There are game situations where he’s very valuable like at Purdue when you’re trying to press your way back into the game.
Joe Toussaint
Only valuable when down 20

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The fact that he is paired with bohannon limits his strength and accentuates his weakness in the half court as he has no idea how to run a set and feed other players on time. Pair him with Perkins get 15 all out minutes out of him and you get him at his best. You also make bohannon better as Ulis has a much better feel in the half court.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The fact that he is paired with bohannon limits his strength and accentuates his weakness in the half court as he has no idea how to run a set and feed other players on time. Pair him with Perkins get 15 all out minutes out of him and you get him at his best. You also make bohannon better as Ulis has a much better feel in the half court.
its amazing how much halo picks up while regularly observing practice.

J1973s

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If anything, Joe is overrated with many fans. He's quick and strong and not white- unfortunately he's out of control and can't shoot.
The “Key” is shooting 49% from the field, 44% from the 3 and has a 3/1 assist/turnover ratio. That’s pretty good imo. Not sure on the falling down frequency tho.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
The “Key” is shooting 49% from the field, 44% from the 3 and has a 3/1 assist/turnover ratio. That’s pretty good imo. Not sure on the falling down frequency tho.
He's still having a good year overall, but he's got a sub-100 offensive rating against top ~100 opponents. Which isn't surprising btw - everyone plays worse against better opponents. Let's just see how he holds up in the meat of the conference schedule.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
You aren't supposed to point out any positives of Iowa players here

Reaction score
He's still having a good year overall, but he's got a sub-100 offensive rating against top ~100 opponents. Which isn't surprising btw - everyone plays worse against better opponents. Let's just see how he holds up in the meat of the conference schedule.
Definitely doesn't help when he's stuck in the first group and no one is there to take any pressure off of him. I bet if you put him with Tony P and Ulis then those numbers would improve.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Definitely doesn't help when he's stuck in the first group and no one is there to take any pressure off of him. I bet if you put him with Tony P and Ulis then those numbers would improve.
I mean other than Keegan who is one of the top players in the country, bohannon who has played point guard for 15 years, and Patrick who never saw a shot he didn't like

Reaction score
I mean other than Keegan who is one of the top players in the country, bohannon who has played point guard for 15 years, and Patrick who never saw a shot he didn't like
None of those guys are take any ball handling pressure off of Touissant, at all.

I mean other than that, go off.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
None of those guys are take any ball handling pressure off of Touissant, at all.

I mean other than that, go off.
He's starting next to a guy that started at PG for 4 years. How much ball handling help does he need? And just now you mention that your comment is directly about ball handling, come on dude

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
and still no offers -- not even from ND State. it's a bit puzzling, given the HS numbers he's put up.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I see he moved here so that his dad could finish his marketing degree, which he did.

He also says that he'll go to school any place that will pay for his school.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I see.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The owner of a Indianapolis strip club is accused of attacking Indianapolis councilman Jeff Miller during a public meeting Monday in an act of retaliation over Miller's years long opposition to the bar's liquor license.

Police say Jeffery Moe, 51, grabbed Miller by the throat with both hands, picked him up and slammed his head against a wall. Moe later told police he "cleaned (Miller's) clock and I'll do it again," according to court documents filed Tuesday.

In an interview following the attack, police said Moe called Miller a "child molester" — a reference to the pending felony charges against Miller, who has been accused of fondling two girls in his Fletcher Place home. His case is under review by a special prosecutor.

“I gave him my version of Ride the Wild Jeff Beast," Moe told IndyStar.

Ride the Wild Jeff Beast is the name of a game of piggy-back rides that Miller would give the girls in his home, according to court documents.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
So Dad is a coke-snorting loose cannon. Like every D1 player's Dad is an angel.

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I see.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The owner of a Indianapolis strip club is accused of attacking Indianapolis councilman Jeff Miller during a public meeting Monday in an act of retaliation over Miller's years long opposition to the bar's liquor license.

Police say Jeffery Moe, 51, grabbed Miller by the throat with both hands, picked him up and slammed his head against a wall. Moe later told police he "cleaned (Miller's) clock and I'll do it again," according to court documents filed Tuesday.

In an interview following the attack, police said Moe called Miller a "child molester" — a reference to the pending felony charges against Miller, who has been accused of fondling two girls in his Fletcher Place home. His case is under review by a special prosecutor.

“I gave him my version of Ride the Wild Jeff Beast," Moe told IndyStar.

Ride the Wild Jeff Beast is the name of a game of piggy-back rides that Miller would give the girls in his home, according to court documents.

Is that 2nd photo an age progressed Austin Ash?

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score